Who sings lead on Double Talking Jive? Izzy or Axl? 🤔

So, a Poster asked me something like,"Karice, how do you feel about Izzy not singing on Double Talking Jive when he was an Active Member? I literally edited my answer like three times. The first  answer I said something like,"Izzy is mostly a GUITARIST and not a SINGER. He only sings lead on a couple of songs, notably  14 Years and Dust N Bones. When he sings, he's usually a background Singer. I guess he didn't want to sing on Double Talking Jive."

I then did research that said that Izzy does sing on Double Talking Jive , but Axl sang lead and Izzy backup. and I edited my answer to say something like,"Axl sang lead, Izzy sang backup on Double Talking Jive." I did more research and multiple Sources said that Izzy sang lead on Double Talking Jive. I edited my answer for the final time and said something like,"You saying Izzy didn't sing on Double Talking Jive is a trick question. Izzy sang lead on Double Talking Jive." The person who asked me the question gave me the "Absurd," Icon and I was wondering if I was wrong with my,"Izzy sang lead on Double Talking Jive," edited answer.

I recently listened to some of Double Talking Jive and it does sound like Axl is singing lead on it, not Izzy. Those multiple Sources said Izzy sang lead on it, but the man singing lead on it does sound like Axl. I'm confused. Who sang lead on Double Talking Jive? 🤔 Axl or Izzy? 🤔

Edited by Karice

49 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Izzy

/Close

It doesn't really sound like Izzy to me however. Sounds much more like Axl to me unless Axl and Izzy have interchangeable singing styles which is not the case, for instance, Dust N Bones and 14 years are clearly Izzy singing lead(I remember hearing 14 Years and Dust N Bones the first time and thinking,"Axl sounds off throughout most of 14 Years and Dust N Bones," I later found out that it's because Izzy and not Axl sings lead on those songs. 🤣

Edited by Karice
  • Confused 3

Izzy.

4 minutes ago, Karice said:

Dead Horse and 14 years are clearly Izzy singing lead(I remember hearing 14 Years and Dead Horse the first time and thinking,"Axl sounds off throughout most of 14 Years, Dust N Bones, and Dead Horse," 

What? Dead Horse is not Izzy singing. Wash your ears or maybe take a look at the booklet?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Thank you for that! 😃 I didn't know Shannon Hoon sang on multiple Use Your Illusions songs or that Stuart sang on at least one song! 😃 Also, Knocking On Heaven's Door is apparently the only song Axl harmonized with himself in! 😃

1 hour ago, willl said:

Izzy has sang lead vocals on over 100 released songs, that's about 40 more songs than Axl :P

Fun fact I didn't know. I honestly didn't know Izzy sang lead on more released songs than Axl. I thought Izzy was a backup Singer who sang lead on a couple of GNR Songs. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, hollywood_democracy said:

Well, the main verses are Izzy, but then Axl joins him for the chorus... and then Axl does "you dig what I'm saying." It's mainly Izzy. 

Makes sense. 😃 But the high pitched wail in the first chorus is Axl, right?🤔 I can't see Izzy doing that high pitched wail, but I can see Axl doing it. 😃