Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

4 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

They just posted a civil war clip from 2016. Never ceases to amaze me that they continue to sit on these videos and not share it with the fans. 

Ikr? In fact, all logic would suggest that after 6+ years of this goddamn tour, a normal band would release a DVD. Furthermore, the same logic would suggest that the band would want to look good on that DVD, which in our case means they’d choose some 2016 show, when it was still fresh and Axl could actually sing. 
It blows my mind when I realize the Tokyo 92 DVD (VHS) was released 10 months after it was recorded - 10 months after the very show. 
And considering it took them some 30 years to release another video from that same tour (Ritz 91), I reckon we may expect a NITL DVD around the year 2050. Courtesy of Fernando’s children, bad sound, songs missing, probably not even something from 2016. Cool! 

Edited by jamillos
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Ikr? In fact, all logic would suggest that after 6+ years of this goddamn tour, a normal band would release a DVD. Furthermore, the same logic would suggest that the band would want to look good on that DVD, which in our case means they’d choose some 2016 show, when it was still fresh and Axl could actually sing. 
It blows my mind when I realize the Tokyo 92 DVD was released 10 months after it was recorded - 10 months after the very show. 
And considering it took them some 30 years to release another video from that same tour (Ritz 91), I reckon we may expect a NITL DVD around the year 2050. Courtesy of Fernando’s children, bad sound, songs missing, probably not even something from 2016. Cool! 

Now they come out around whenever.

they used to come out on time. 

etc.

1 minute ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

there's a whole world of even more merch and other crappy shit, they can put the gnr name on. they will have to keep the name alive somehow, cause we all know they're not gonna be working normal jobs in their lives. 

More shitty merch than today? Good thing I don't care about merch then.

• Like 1

I can imagine money will be largely made via GNR songs being used to sell anything and everything- any crap advert you can imagine may feature their music. 

Other than that, yeah, there will be loads of terrible merch, but there's piles and piles of that crap already. No idea who buys any of that stuff though- I wouldn't be seen dead in most of those hoodies and t-shirts they make now. 

In terms of credibility though- is there actually much more damage that can be done to GNR? After fly GNAIR, miniature baseball bats, toy cars and laundry bags I don't think there is. 

11 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I can imagine money will be largely made via GNR songs being used to sell anything and everything- any crap advert you can imagine may feature their music. 

Other than that, yeah, there will be loads of terrible merch, but there's piles and piles of that crap already. No idea who buys any of that stuff though- I wouldn't be seen dead in most of those hoodies and t-shirts they make now. 

In terms of credibility though- is there actually much more damage that can be done to GNR? After fly GNAIR, miniature baseball bats, toy cars and laundry bags I don't think there is. 

Yeah, I don't see much different to today. The only thing would maybe be that the estate of GN'R, whoever that might be, might be more interested in releasing the unreleased material than the current band. So for me it might actually be an improvement to today's situation.

Just now, SoulMonster said:

Yeah, I don't see much different to today. The only thing would maybe be that the estate of GN'R, whoever that might be, might be more interested in releasing the unreleased material than the current band. So for me it might actually be an improvement to today's situation.

I tend to be of that view too. I'm convinced we'll have to have the GNR name being used in really, really, sad and embarrassing ways.....but I think it's more likely than not we might get some sort of musical releases, which is all we really want. 

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I tend to be of that view too. I'm convinced we'll have to have the GNR name being used in really, really, sad and embarrassing ways.....but I think it's more likely than not we might get some sort of musical releases, which is all we really want. 

It's definitely all I want. I can go without any more live shows, I couldn't give a rat's ass about merch and commercials and all that stuff. I only care about music.

18 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

It's definitely all I want. I can go without any more live shows, I couldn't give a rat's ass about merch and commercials and all that stuff. I only care about music.

Yep, same. 

Don't get me wrong- I'd rather the merch was good, the live shows were decent and they weren't used to flog insurance products.....but if they release music that stuff doesn't matter that much to me.

17 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yep, same. 

Don't get me wrong- I'd rather the merch was good, the live shows were decent and they weren't used to flog insurance products.....but if they release music that stuff doesn't matter that much to me.

as long as we get new material released, Fernando can design a dildo and release it under the Gn'R banner for all I care.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, We love Axl Rose said:

That's so fucking weird- this morning I was going through some CDs and found this for the first time in years! 

6 minutes ago, Rovim said:

as long as we get new material released, Fernando can design a dildo and release it under the Gn'R banner for all I care.

I honestly wouldn't rule that out. 

15 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Actually, that would be a thousand times cooler and edgy than a lot of the silly crap they churn out. Not that I care. I really don't. I suppose many fans take it personally when their band make decision they wouldn't do. I don't. I just want new music. That's all.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Actually, that would be a thousand times cooler and edgy than a lot of the silly crap they churn out. Not that I care. I really don't. I suppose many fans take it personally when their band make decision they wouldn't do. I don't. I just want new music. That's all.

I wouldn't say I take it personally..... it's just a bit sad when you think about what they were and what they used to be like.

I think that about anybody and anything doing naff stuff purely for money that they don't need. I despise greed, on any level....but we live in greedy, selfish times. 

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I wouldn't say I take it personally..... it's just a bit sad when you think about what they were and what they used to be like.

I think that about anybody and anything doing naff stuff purely for money that they don't need. I despise greed, on any level....but we live in greedy, selfish times. 

it was always greedy and selfish time, so it's only natural for it to evolve and grow until a possible breaking point but sad? I don't take it that seriously anyway. It's just music in the end of the day imho.

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

That's like invert jealousy. They make money by launching products that someone actually wants. They get money, customer gets products they are interested in. It's a win-win. If there is any selfishness in it, it still provides a value to the consumers. But you have decided that the products are worthless and that earning money is a sin so you are against what would otherwise be a totally beneficial transaction with only winners. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

That's like invert jealousy. They make money by launching products that someone actually wants. They get money, customer gets products they are interested in. It's a win-win. If there is any selfishness in it, it still provides a value to the consumers. But you have decided that the products are worthless and that earning money is a sin so you are against what would otherwise be a totally beneficial transaction with only winners. 

Well that's a total misreading of what I said. At no point did I mention that 'money is a sin' or that a product is 'worthless' because it is advertised. 

Put simply - when you're already stinking rich, I find it pretty embarrassing that you'd be happy to do stuff that compromises the integrity you tried to build up in the past and contradicts previous principles in pursuit of even more money. 

I think the kids used to call it 'selling out'. And let's not pretend that people don't laugh at wealthy celebrities advertising tat anymore. 

It's just sad is all. Nothing personal, nothing deep. 

• Like 2