06/30/23 - London, GB - Hyde Park

alfierose

14 minutes ago, brad_k said:

All gone outside, tried all the merch stands. Overheard someone say they saw a guy with 10

Yeah I saw him too. The lithos are only for sale in the VIP section. I’m in golden circle and got no chance 

4 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

What was soundchecked 

Get in the ring 

5 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Yeah I saw him too. The lithos are only for sale in the VIP section. I’m in golden circle and got no chance 

Fuck is that right what a fucker that is 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Setlist.fm saying ISE, Estranged, civil war and anything goes - can anyone confirm?

Yeah, it's a few pages back in the thread.

9 minutes ago, BucketEgg said:

ooh, that looks Doctor Who inspired!

That was my first thought too.

5 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

I’m here. Gonna hopefully have a great time. Main gripe, the lithos should not have been sold outside beforehand and should not have been reserved for VIP only.

Rant over 

Stupidly though.  They were not selling the Hyde Park tee in the VIP merch section 🤦🏻‍♂️.  Makes no sense. 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, SL138 said:

BST hyde park is just about the worst place to watch a concert. Extremely high drink prices, sun shining directly on to the stage in a way that makes it impossible to see the screens clearly (but luckily today is cloudy), very strict 22:30 curfew (so the whole show is before when it is fully dark).. 

GN'R was really bad with their timing in the last two London shows. So people are mad at them. They were never going to sell out a place as big as hyde park. They poured all the money into instagram advertising etc but nothing worked. They created artificial scarcity and tried to drip-feed tickets into the system and that didn't work either. I bought my ticket for £38 but today there will be tickets going all the way down to £10-15 i'm sure. Only reason I'm going is because 1) they say the band is on fire and axl made a huge effort in glastonbury - there is a desire to change and get better and I can only respect that as a long time die hard fan, 2) i live very close to hyde park so it feels like it would be inappropriate for me not to go (as if axl is going to scold me for not coming :D :D)

Golden Circle tickets are also around £110 and below face value right now.

I blame fernando for all this. Worst manager ever. And their background screen animations are far too old-school and cheap looking as well. I can't believe they still let that happen..

Typically the band or their management is not responsible for the ticket pricing -- the band usually gets paid a prenegotiated flat fee for the show and the promoter can use whatever shady methods they choose, dynamic pricing, drip-feeding crappy seats, etc. to maximize their profit. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dallasgnrfan said:

Typically the band or their management is not responsible for the ticket pricing -- the band usually gets paid a prenegotiated flat fee for the show and the promoter can use whatever shady methods they choose, dynamic pricing, drip-feeding crappy seats, etc. to maximize their profit. 

That's not actually true- it's up to the band and management as to whether they use these methods (Springsteen opted in for the first time this tour and got slayed for it, then explained why he had chosen to do so, The Cure were very vocal about not getting involved, as were Paramore etc). 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1