Hope Adler is ok

21 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I think it's a case of the band not listening to each other, as they are on auto pilot (who can blame them). 

Frank can play those songs at whatever tempo needed and sound tight... but I also think they are not trying to sound like tight machine like the chinese band... and I think a lot of us got used to how good that sounded... I know I did. For me I always go back and watch those Rock am ring performances when I want to hear a good version of Welcome to the jungle. The difference between Jungle in 2016 and 2022 is night and day, and I'm nit even talking about Axls vocal, if anyone wants to depress themselves I recommend listening to it. 

I think the autopilot thing is a very valid point. There's no way any human could not be at this stage of the tour- and with that does come the move away from being a tight machine. 

It's inevitable- I don't think Frank is a bad drummer really, just that this tour has gone on SO long now with so little variety that all members of the band are probably dialing it in now.  I don't watch the audience bootleg videos on YouTube, I'm basing this solely on what we've had pro-shoot wise.  

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

I think the autopilot thing is a very valid point. There's no way any human could not be at this stage of the tour- and with that does come the move away from being a tight machine. 

It's inevitable- I don't think Frank is a bad drummer really, just that this tour has gone on SO long now with so little variety that all members of the band are probably dialing it in now.  I don't watch the audience bootleg videos on YouTube, I'm basing this solely on what we've had pro-shoot wise.  

The thing is, that 99 percent of Guns N'Roses are Middle aged men, Generation X. The oldest Band Member is 60. Many middle aged men hang up the set for good at like 40, not still going in their late 50's and one at 60. Only Melissa is a  Generation Y Female about 32. Maybe Guns N'Roses would have performed better if they were all like 32. 

32 minutes ago, Karice said:

The thing is, that 99 percent of Guns N'Roses are Middle aged men, Generation X. The oldest Band Member is 60. Many middle aged men hang up the set for good at like 40, not still going in their late 50's and one at 60. Only Melissa is a  Generation Y Female about 32. Maybe Guns N'Roses would have performed better if they were all like 32. 

Age is a factor for sure, no-one expects them to be like they were years ago, but the autopilot thing isn't really related to that. 

Young or old, you do the same thing day in day out, you're going to slip into autopilot mode. 7 years of the same tour? It's going to happen, no matter how much of a good player you are. 

3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Age is a factor for sure, no-one expects them to be like they were years ago, but the autopilot thing isn't really related to that. 

Young or old, you do the same thing day in day out, you're going to slip into autopilot mode. 7 years of the same tour? It's going to happen, no matter how much of a good player you are. 

Yep, Tours should be like 3 years at the most. Most Tours are only about 1 or 2. I'm just grateful that Guns N'Roses are all still alive and 7 of them are actively playing, and almost half of the Current set are the original Guns N'Roses Members (Axl, Slash, Duff). 😀

3 hours ago, Karice said:

What about all the other bands in their 60 and 70s still delivering each night? 

I think most bands continue on well past their 40s 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ugly_Kid_Jose said:

twisted sister are older than GNR nd always delivered  ahood show, this week they went on stage and played 3  songs and sounded amazing

But to be honest, Twisted Sister is only a two big  hit wonder band. They only have We're Not Going To Take It Anymore and I Wanna Rock as their only big hits. 

Whereas Guns N'Roses has

Welcome To The Jungle

Anything Goes

Sweet Child Of Mine

Paradise City

Rocket Queen

You Could Be Mine

You're Crazy

Mr. Brownstone

It's So Easy

Patience

November Rain

Don't Cry

Estranged

Knocking On Heaven's Door

Night Train

IRS

Chinese Democracy

There Was A Time

Oh My God

Right Next Door To Hell

Civil War

There is no comparison. Guns N'Roses has 21 big hits. 😀Twisted Sister only has two big hits. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

What about all the other bands in their 60 and 70s still delivering each night? 

I think most bands continue on well past their 40s 

Good point, but I was thinking more along the lines of Jefferson Airplane/Jefferson Starship. They hung up the towels somewhere in their 40's. Also, a lot of Famous Singers who are around their late 30's/ early 40's now hung up the towel for the most part. Katy Perry, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Justin Timberlake, Rihanna, Mandy Moore, Jessica and Ashlee Simpson, etc, hung up the towel years ago. 

Edited by Karice
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Karice said:

But to be honest, Twisted Sister is only a two big  hit wonder band. They only have We're Not Going To Take It Anymore and I Wanna Rock as their only big hits. 

There is no comparison. Guns N'Roses has 21 big hits. 😀Twisted Sister only has two big hits. 😀

Shut the fuck up. You may only know 2 songs. Doesn't mean that they don't have more hit songs the audience is coming to hear. They headlined the biggest metal festivals around the world. You don't do tht with only 2 songs. They always delivered, there always was a party. Even with people claiming they don't like Twisted Sister. They are one of the best live bands around.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Karice said:

Whereas Guns N'Roses has

Welcome To The Jungle

Anything Goes

Sweet Child Of Mine

Paradise City

Rocket Queen

You Could Be Mine

You're Crazy

Mr. Brownstone

It's So Easy

Patience

November Rain

Don't Cry

Estranged

Night Train

IRS

Chinese Democracy

There Was A Time

Oh My God

Right Next Door To Hell

Civil War

I think you don't know anything about gnr, otherwise you wouldn't call anything goes, omg, twat or IRS big hits

1 minute ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

I think you don't know anything about gnr, otherwise you wouldn't call anything goes, omg, twat or IRS big hits

Didn't even read all that. Yeah. Most of those songs are not even hits in the actual sense, as far as charting goes and known to people who don't follow them. So really an apple and oranges comparison in regards to TS.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Didn't even read all that. Yeah. Most of those songs are not even hits in the actual sense, as far as charting goes and known to people who don't follow them. So really an apple and oranges comparison in regards to TS.

Gnr have a far wider mainstream crossover obviously, but I know what you mean about TS. And that performance from a few days ago was top class 

4 hours ago, Karice said:

Whereas Guns N'Roses has

Welcome To The Jungle

Anything Goes

Sweet Child Of Mine

Paradise City

Rocket Queen

You Could Be Mine

You're Crazy

Mr. Brownstone

It's So Easy

Patience

November Rain

Don't Cry

Estranged

Night Train

IRS

Chinese Democracy

There Was A Time

Oh My God

Right Next Door To Hell

Civil War

22. You forgot Cornshucker.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Karice said:

Whereas Guns N'Roses has

Welcome To The Jungle

Anything Goes

Sweet Child Of Mine

Paradise City

Rocket Queen

You Could Be Mine

You're Crazy

Mr. Brownstone

It's So Easy

Patience

November Rain

Don't Cry

Estranged

Night Train

IRS

Chinese Democracy

There Was A Time

Oh My God

Right Next Door To Hell

Civil War

Its not even January 30th and we already have a clear cut winner for "dumbest post of the year".

• Thanks 1

I think those of us debating whether or not GNR can make it post-80 are deluded. They clearly couldn't make it post-50, let alone 80. And by "make it", I mean get within earshot of their performances between 1987-1993. Axl hasn't had his full voice since the early 90's, and Slash mostly just stands still now, and his playing has become tired and bored sounding. Duff is still in the ballpark, but that's mostly because he's a gym-nut, and his younger stage presence wasn't really about running around anyway.

The last time I saw GNR looking and sounding like peak GNR was 1993. Since then, at least one component has been off, and/or a shell of its former self. So to be arguing about post-80 performances? lol You gotta be kidding me.

GNR is like the Beatles, Floyd, Nirvana and Zeppelin now. Legendary band, legendary records, legendary stories, shows and concert footage... but it's over. Nothing can take away all the aforementioned things, and nothing is preventing anyone of us from grouping together on forums to talk about one of our favorite bands (just look at all the Beatles forums out there for proof of that). But it's done. Everything that happens now, is just an imitation of something (far, far better) that came before it.

Edited by Nintari
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Gnr have a far wider mainstream crossover obviously, but I know what you mean about TS. And that performance from a few days ago was top class 

Well, there was a time TS had that too, they were big in '84. GNR managed to build on it and had that way longer.

Edited by PatrickS77

5 hours ago, Karice said:

Whereas Guns N'Roses has

Welcome To The Jungle

Anything Goes

Sweet Child Of Mine

Paradise City

Rocket Queen

You Could Be Mine

You're Crazy

Mr. Brownstone

It's So Easy

Patience

November Rain

Don't Cry

Estranged

Night Train

IRS

Chinese Democracy

There Was A Time

Oh My God

Right Next Door To Hell

Civil War

Who says these are all big hits? A handful yes, but all of them? IRS was a big hit?

13 minutes ago, Nintari said:

I think those of us debating whether or not GNR can make it post-80 are deluded. They clearly couldn't make it post-50, let alone 80. And by "make it", I mean get within earshot of their performances between 1987-1993. Axl hasn't had his full voice since the early 90's, and Slash mostly just stands still now, and his playing has become tired and bored sounding. Duff is still in the ballpark, but that's mostly because he's a gym-nut, and his younger stage presence wasn't really about running around anyway.

The last time I saw GNR looking and sounding like peak GNR was 1993. Since then, at least one component has been off, and/or a shell of its former self. So to be arguing about post-80 performances? lol You gotta be kidding me.

GNR is like the Beatles, Floyd, Nirvana and Zeppelin now. Legendary band, legendary records, legendary stories, shows and concert footage... but it's over. Nothing can take away all the aforementioned things, and nothing is preventing anyone of us from grouping together on forums to talk about one of our favorite bands (just look at all the Beatles forums out there for proof of that). But it's done. Everything that happens now, is just an imitation of something (far, far better) that came before it.

Apart from Axl's singing, they still bring it. And all of them do not just stand there. The presence, especially Axl's, is still there. And no one really needs for them to run around for 2 hours... they really did an excessive amount of running back in the day: https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cl3fmH6tjYj/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y= it's almost a big comical, looking back. Also not sure who really expects them to do shows like in '93. That's ridiculous.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Well, there was a time TS had that too, they were big in '84. GNR managed to build on it and had that way longer.

TS definitely were big in that timeframe, but not global and not stadium level big. 

It's beside the point though, a band that laid down tools 4/5yrs ago, did one rehearsal and sounded pretty incredible.

3 hours ago, Nintari said:

Sometimes I wonder about posters on here. How can people actually hold the opinion that Axl hasn't had a "full voice" since 1993. There's plenty of video out there that shows Axl singing just as well as 93 and it's 20 yrs later, Rock am ring, the majority of 2010 as a starter. 

I don't think I'll change anybody's mind that thinks otherwise though😄

• Like 1