Hope Adler is ok

16 hours ago, BeingBoring said:

Depends on how bad your flu is, influenza made me nearly bedridden for a week and exhausted all through the second week. Not much living happened. 

My friend's otherwise healthy daughter in her 30s died from the flu in early 2019. It can be just as serious as COVID.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1

19 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Adler is, was and always will be better than Frank. There’s  zero debate or denying it. 

Seems you’re new here. Welcome to the party, pal. 

In fact, I have an account here since february 2004 but can't even remember the password of the recovery email address. I think my last post with the old account was in the AFD Box topic so thanks for the message, I take it as a welcome BACK message. 😉

I like Ferrer and if we talk about old drummers I choose Sorum over Adler thousand times. But, again, in these days in Guns there's no matter which guy is better playing drums, you have to make the dollar-making-touring-machine roll and Adler is not up to scratch.

Edited by Dacroix
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Dacroix said:

Not sure about that.

Anyway, Guns today is business, is a huge company is not only how good you play.

Music is subjective and while Brain and others may be better technically, Adler has the feel and enthusiasm for the AFD songs and it sucks that something he waited decades for (the three union) happened and he was barely allowed to participate. Whenever that final guns show happens,Izzy and Adler should take their rightful place on stage. 

7 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

Music is subjective and while Brain and others may be better technically, Adler has the feel and enthusiasm for the AFD songs and it sucks that something he waited decades for (the three union) happened and he was barely allowed to participate. Whenever that final guns show happens,Izzy and Adler should take their rightful place on stage. 

It would be nice, but no. Never will happen.
Life is short. Greed is good.

The big 3 do not want that. It is their multimillion dollar business. 

As for the music, any good, seasoned drummer will do. Frank is great as a hired, on contract , professional musician. The songs  are already done. Been done. It is not new where Frank or anyone has to switch it up, put their imprint on it. Just play the damnm thing is all required.

I am not anitFrank. 

Adler and Sorum already perfected the songs drumming. Decades ago. 

Symphonys play Bach every year worldwide. It us already perfect. Just play the damnm thing. 

Edited by Amaya

7 hours ago, Dacroix said:

In fact, I have an account here since february 2004 but can't even remember the password of the recovery email address. I think my last post with the old account was in the AFD Box topic so thanks for the message, I take it as a welcome BACK message. 😉

I like Ferrer and if we talk about old drummers I choose Sorum over Adler thousand times. But, again, in these days in Guns there's no matter which guy is better playing drums, you have to make the dollar-making-touring-machine roll and Adler is not up to scratch.

It has nothing to do with Adler “not up to scratch.” There’s a shitload of personal baggage that Steven brings. Well documented. 

Frank keeps his mouth shut and plays mediocre drums. The band (Axl, Slash and Duff) would rather a mediocre drummer that deal with someone who would rattle the cage. 

This is the same reason why Richard is still there. He’s reliable, decent and keeps his mouth shut.

On 1/22/2023 at 4:33 AM, Dacroix said:

And some people want this guy touring with Guns...

Geez dude. Have a bit of respect. For the record I like Frank and think he does a great job. But I also respect that Steve, Matt and Brain all have their fans. Personally I love and celebrate them all (except maybe towel boy). 

Even famous musicians are only human and get sick sometimes. Have you even seen videos of Steven playing live lately. He does just fine.

• Like 1

I'm not being disrespectful with Adler at all (needless to say he's my least favourite member, though). If he's got the flu...well...could happen to anyone, but the first thing you think when you see a topic about Steven's health is not flu, is something like "the guy is dancing with Mr. Brownstone again" (cheesy, I know).

Anyway, some people loves Adler, some people not...

On 1/21/2023 at 4:33 PM, Dacroix said:

And some people want this guy touring with Guns...

I would take a 1,5 gnr show with steven any day over a 3 hours show with Frank or Matt. 

Everyone can be sick , especially now with flu and covid .. I would love Steven to tour with Gnr, would bring much needed swing to the performances

• Like 4

On 1/22/2023 at 6:29 AM, Gnrcane said:

My friend's otherwise healthy daughter in her 30s died from the flu in early 2019. It can be just as serious as COVID.

Hard to believe she was "otherwise" healthy. Healthy thirty-year-olds don't die from the flu. There had to be something else going on. Perhaps she didn't take it seriously and stay in bed and ran herself down etc. But it doesn't kill young, healthy people. There's always going to be something else at play.

Edited by Nintari
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Frank keeps his mouth shut and plays mediocre drums. The band (Axl, Slash and Duff) would rather a mediocre drummer that deal with someone who would rattle the cage. 

There are other options out there besides Adler if they cared enough to not have a mediocre drummer.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

There are other options out there besides Adler if they cared enough to not have a mediocre drummer.

I used to be a Frank fan, but since 2016 I have liked his drumming less and less. In 2022 when he was playing Jungle, I just found it ear grating. 

I know he can play, because he used to play like a machine 2006-2014 (few slips here and there), but whatever he's doing with gnr these past few years?? No love for it.

Lovely guy, but I wouldn't mind if he decided he wanted to pursue another band😄

• Like 1

On 1/23/2023 at 4:39 PM, Tom-Ass said:

That would mean that have to search, then they have to have rehearsals… I’m sure finding a new drummer would take longer than it took to put a Chinese democracy. 

I like Frank. As a person. He’s a really good dude. And he’s a good drummer, he just does not have the style suited for Guns. 

9 hours ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

I believe he's gonna endure more than other members, and I wish them all a happy,healthy and a very long life. I wanna see them on stage in their 80s :)

In their 80s?! 

I hope they're sat at home with their feet up- there's a very real risk they'd be in severe pain performing on stage on their 80s! 

On 1/24/2023 at 7:52 AM, Tom2112 said:

I used to be a Frank fan, but since 2016 I have liked his drumming less and less. In 2022 when he was playing Jungle, I just found it ear grating. 

I know he can play, because he used to play like a machine 2006-2014 (few slips here and there), but whatever he's doing with gnr these past few years?? No love for it.

Lovely guy, but I wouldn't mind if he decided he wanted to pursue another band😄

Once the tempos went up the problems started to show. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

Once the tempos went up the problems started to show. 

I think it's a case of the band not listening to each other, as they are on auto pilot (who can blame them). 

Frank can play those songs at whatever tempo needed and sound tight... but I also think they are not trying to sound like tight machine like the chinese band... and I think a lot of us got used to how good that sounded... I know I did. For me I always go back and watch those Rock am ring performances when I want to hear a good version of Welcome to the jungle. The difference between Jungle in 2016 and 2022 is night and day, and I'm nit even talking about Axls vocal, if anyone wants to depress themselves I recommend listening to it. 

• Confused 1