Axl spoke & sang at Lisa Marie Presleys memorial (small interview pg 5)

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

It’s not about what you believe or disbelieve, it’s about whether you are capable of granting others the right to dis/believe in whatever they want without feeling superior

People don't need to have the right granted to them for them to believe in something or not though do they

Although obviously there are people who have had there rights to practice there beliefs denied to them.

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

or thinking only your view must be the right one. 

Be it god, aliens, or Elvis, the principle is always the same. 

Religion hinges on this idea though doesn't it. If you are christian you believe in a christian god, if you are Muslim then Allah ect ect. Point is religious people of all kinds are born into the "right God" So they literally do believe there view must be the right one and that others are wrong.

2 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

People don't need to have the right granted to them for them to believe in something or not though do they

Although obviously there are people who have had there rights to practice there beliefs denied to them.

Religion hinges on this idea though doesn't it. If you are christian you believe in a christian god, if you are Muslim then Allah ect ect. Point is religious people of all kinds are born into the "right God" So they literally do believe there view must be the right one and that others are wrong.

Yeah, organized religion is a specific kind of beast, isn't it. I was talking about principles among "normal" individuals.

22 hours ago, jamillos said:

It’s not about what you believe or disbelieve, it’s about whether you are capable of granting others the right to dis/believe in whatever they want without feeling superior or thinking only your view must be the right one. 

Be it god, aliens, or Elvis, the principle is always the same. 

Your entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts. So your as entitled to ignore the facts as you like. You can grant others their ignorance’s. 

Fucking Elvis in Axl’s Piano…. 

22 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Americans believe in lots of stupid things. 

Sadly not confined to Americans. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

Your entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts. So your as entitled to ignore the facts as you like. You can grant others their ignorance’s. 

Fucking Elvis in Axl’s Piano…. 

Sadly not confined to Americans. 

Yes, you’re entitled even to you own "facts". (In fact, you're entitled to anything as long as you're not harming somebody else.) For someone, the existence / non-existence of e.g. god is a fact. See? Plus, I'd be careful with the word fact anyway, as history teaches us many things that were considered facts even by so-called authorities turned out to be wrong. The principle still stands. Think what you like and let others have the same freedom. :) 

Edited by jamillos
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Yes, you’re entitled even to you own "facts". (In fact, you're entitled to anything as long as you're not harming somebody else.) For someone, the existence / non-existence of e.g. god is a fact. See? Plus, I'd be careful with the word fact anyway, as history teaches us many things that were considered facts even by so-called authorities turned out to be wrong. The principle still stands. Think what you like and let others have the same freedom. :) 

it's clearly visible...he's eating a peanut butter and banana sandwich. (first thing I've noticed)

haunted pianos are real. That's just a fact. Open your mind.

• Haha 1

I didn´t even know Axl had attended LM´s funeral. I´ve been busy and it wan´t untill yesterday evening that I knew of Axl´s performance  when it appeared on my YT feed when I was browsing to play some music while I was working. The performance and the speech were very touching. It must have been so taugh for Axl to sing in these circumstances. 

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing the video. Very moving. It's very hard just to speak at a funeral. Can't imagine singing and playing the piano on top of that. Axl is a wonderful person, he deserved much better personally. Class act, much respect. Rest in peace Lisa Marie Presley.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...