Axl spoke & sang at Lisa Marie Presleys memorial (small interview pg 5)

23 hours ago, DK6 said:

When my dad died I did a eulogy - got up to the stand and I remember the fear thinking "Holy shit my voice isn't going to work!!"

It was the most incredibly difficult thing I've ever had to do - honestly not sure how I got through it - and I was just reading something I'd prepared earlier.

I hate to think what it must be like to sing in that sort of situation.

I thought it was a classy and brave act by Axl - all for a friend. 

It was never about sounding studio quality - he did it for his friend.

I'm sorry to hear! I would imagine that it is very difficult to give a eulogy for your father. Both of my parents are getting older and facing health issues due to age. It's not easy to watch my parents' health decline. Since I'm the oldest, I'll be doing  what you did. It won't be easy for me as well when that time comes. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

It's interesting...I was reading something on a Kiss fanpage similar to this one, and someone started a post about Axl at the memorial and 90% of the people commented on how good Axl sounded. 

That's because they've had 5 years of Paul Stanley. They're probably eulogizing and the performance on the vince neil forums too

Edited by JimiRose
  • Haha 3
  • ABSUЯD 1

Regardless of his voice can we all at least agree on how good Axl piano solo part was, that was like a flashback to listening to the piano demo from 86. Really nice playing there.

And his voice still had Axl qualities to it, it is just a shed load weaker than before and probably lacks the highest parts of the range.

• Like 4

This was emotionally probably one of the hardest things for Axl to do.  He's obviously upset over having lost a friend.  From what he said in the eulogy he was also surprised that he was asked to speak.  There's likely pressure on a musician any time they're asked to perform, but when it's at a friend's funeral and their family and friends are there it's probably harder than performing in front of a whole stadium of strangers given the circumstances.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, WayTooManyOstriches said:

This was emotionally probably one of the hardest things for Axl to do.  He's obviously upset over having lost a friend.  From what he said in the eulogy he was also surprised that he was asked to speak.  There's likely pressure on a musician any time they're asked to perform, but when it's at a friend's funeral and their family and friends are there it's probably harder than performing in front of a whole stadium of strangers given the circumstances.

Whole stadium of strangers...plus internet eyes watching, as well as media. He did a grand job.   I like your name .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, WayTooManyOstriches said:

Yeah. Especially when it's him on his own on the piano with no one backing him up and every mistake in playing and singing is at the forefront.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ratam said:

She would turn years the first february.

Axl and she were only 5 days apart Birthday wise. Sucks she died less than a month before her 55th Birthday. 😭 I wonder if Axl was planning to celebrate her Birthday this year before her untimely and sudden death. 🤔😭

• Sad 2

On 1/26/2023 at 9:30 PM, GoBucky said:

It's interesting...I was reading something on a Kiss fanpage similar to this one, and someone started a post about Axl at the memorial and 90% of the people commented on how good Axl sounded. 

Zie FAQ?

--

Doesn't this sound really really great? 

You get the rasp. No out of breath. Strong vocals. 

Get out of your rabbit hole of hate.

Edited by Spiritual_Chaos

On 1/27/2023 at 10:57 AM, GNRmello77 said:

I think he did a great thing here, you can see the emotions on his face. He's having trouble to hold his tears. But it was a good performance, kinda makes me want Axl to go Elton John in his final years as a musician after GN'R says goodbye..

If that does happen i'm hoping,  praying . he will go this way or broad way , cause music is always in an artist 's blood,  he cant just suddenly give up.

I miss Lisa Marie terribly such a tragic lost. 

4 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

What’s all this about Elvis’s reflection in Axl’s piano. I saw the TikTok video pointing it out. I just don’t see it. 

Didn't know this was a thing until now.

Looks like people on tiktok getting carried away over what is clearly a reflection of something. It's obviously not Elvis however and anyone who believes that probably needs help of some kind. This reminds me of that stupid stuff about MJ's ghost being caught on tape, or that he was spotted at his own funeral.

A poll conducted in 2011 showed 77% of Americans believe angels are real so I guess I shouldn't be surprised

It’s not about what you believe or disbelieve, it’s about whether you are capable of granting others the right to dis/believe in whatever they want without feeling superior or thinking only your view must be the right one. 

Be it god, aliens, or Elvis, the principle is always the same. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

It’s not about what you believe or disbelieve, it’s about whether you are capable of granting others the right to dis/believe in whatever they want without feeling superior or thinking only your view must be the right one. 

Be it god, aliens, or Elvis, the principle is always the same. 

Oh I believe in Elvis. One could argue 'An American Trilogy' is Godly or out from another world too. 

But then again, 25% of Americans think the sun orbits the earth.