The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

I always thought "man, the legal problems with GnR must be because of the original lineup" and maybe they'd have to credit or pay Slash something in regard to releasing stuff with GnR. Or maybe the label was pressuring them to reunite and making it even more difficult to release new stuff, so Axl would give up and reunite but now they're playing together again, I think the game has changed and maybe they're trying to avoid paying too many royalties to the original songwriters  of some songs like Robin, Brain, Bucket and Tommy, I don't know. Maybe I'm just wrong but man... how fucking hard can it be to release something that has been nearly ready since the early 2000s? Like fuck... some people that were born at the time these songs were recorded have graduated school, gone to college, graduated college, maybe even had kids already WTF, man just release this shit, it's not supposed to be that hard. Don't think too much, just release shit. People do it all the damn time, fuck! King Gizzard was formed in 2010, released their first album in 2012 and are now in their 24th album!!!!!! I'm not asking GnR to be like King Gizzard, that would be impossible but you see that albums aren't supposed to be that hard to release, it's not like they're trying to write, produce and release the goddamn Avatar trilogy, it's just an album. Record 10-12 songs and put them out. Geez :lol:

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Not trying to sound condescending but I'm shocked so many people took Slash's comment about working on a brand new album after the tour so seriously. It wasn't referring to any actual plans they've made, he clearly stated it's something he wishes would happen. The best indicator of future behavior is past behavior and there's no evidence of Axl being a songwriter since the Bush administration, besides an offhand comment from DJ about Axl working on a piano instrumental in a hotel. Even if Axl agreed to try to write new music together, it would be years before it would be completed. Some of the years being thrown around like a brand new album in 2025...what are you people smoking?

Exactly. The plan for releasing the leftover ChiDem songs is at outlined, with potentially 2-4 more songs to release. The new album plans are not actual plans, just Slash expressing his own desires. I am of the opinion, and I believe rightfully so, that there will never be another newly written GnR song ever written or released. Not with Axl as the singer at least.

• Like 1

Also, it should be noted that Slash and Duff haven’t tried to write an album with Axl since 1995 (and that didn’t go well).

It’s one thing to agree to re-record Axl’s old songs. But creative tensions exist in the studio with even the least volatile bands. With this band, it could be catastrophic. Especially since the last time they worked together, Slash and Duff had as much say as Axl. I’m not sure what the vibe will be the first time Slash has an idea and Axl says “yeah, no. We’re doing it my way.”

Which is not to say I don’t want them to try. But this alliance will always seem uneasy, to me.

46 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Not trying to sound condescending but I'm shocked so many people took Slash's comment about working on a brand new album after the tour so seriously. It wasn't referring to any actual plans they've made, he clearly stated it's something he wishes would happen. The best indicator of future behavior is past behavior and there's no evidence of Axl being a songwriter since the Bush administration, besides an offhand comment from DJ about Axl working on a piano instrumental in a hotel. Even if Axl agreed to try to write new music together, it would be years before it would be completed. Some of the years being thrown around like a brand new album in 2025...what are you people smoking?

Not smoking anything, I believe he want's to do an album and I dont believe it will happen. They will probably dissagree over direction and it won't go anywhere

9 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Exactly. The plan for releasing the leftover ChiDem songs is at outlined, with potentially 2-4 more songs to release. The new album plans are not actual plans, just Slash expressing his own desires. I am of the opinion, and I believe rightfully so, that there will never be another newly written GnR song ever written or released. Not with Axl as the singer at least.

I think they will try but basically I agree. Obviously I hope i'm wrong

1 hour ago, Stro said:

Perhaps. But Impact and MLW aren't selling 70k tickets to Wembley Stadium without even announcing anything. I think the biggest venue MLW ever ran was around 5k seater as part of a joint show. Most of their shows in recent years have been in the hundreds to 2500k fans, which is successful for the level they run. They are mid level and do well at their level and don't try to run bigger venues than they can sell out. To describe that as extremely successful is misleading to a lol degree because some people in the GNR community are marks for MSL despite him being an absolute scumbag creep (Court Bauer as well).

What made him a scumbag and a creep specifically? Is he banned on here or just no longer posts, I've kinda forgotten the whole saga...just remember him on lot 10+ years ago 

Wonder if he still ventures in for a ghost browse...

Edited by colonizedmind

9 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

Also, it should be noted that Slash and Duff haven’t tried to write an album with Axl since 1995 (and that didn’t go well).

It’s one thing to agree to re-record Axl’s old songs. But creative tensions exist in the studio with even the least volatile bands. With this band, it could be catastrophic. Especially since the last time they worked together, Slash and Duff had as much say as Axl. I’m not sure what the vibe will be the first time Slash has an idea and Axl says “yeah, no. We’re doing it my way.”

Which is not to say I don’t want them to try. But this alliance will always seem uneasy, to me.

Maybe it can be a triple disc set....with the "Axl Way", "The Slash Way" , "The Duff way" and a secret bonus disc "The fucking highway" - Dizzy and Melissa remixes...

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Not smoking anything, I believe he want's to do an album and I dont believe it will happen. They will probably dissagree over direction and it won't go anywhere

I think they will try but basically I agree. Obviously I hope i'm wrong

By they'll try maybe Slash, Duff, and the others, but not Axl. I don't think he has any interest in new music whatsoever. He obviously has barely any interesting in releasing the music from 20+ years ago! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Anyway back on topic if the plan is to work on an album when shows finish in October which I think is what mayhue said? What plans do people have outside of slash have?Has duff announced anything? 

I mean is there downtime when all members are free at the same time? I don't really follow the side projects

Duff has his album in October and most likely some theater shows (unconfirmed) I don't think Slash and Myles (if no new record) will tour longer than 2-3 months....sounds more like makeup dates. Guns will probably tour from summer (or fall) onwards '24...hopefully in support of some sorta release. I'll take almost anything, even a Moby 6 remixes of Absurd !

Edited by colonizedmind

Axl Grease should have kept his braids and goatee.  Looked a lot less like mama fratelli and looked way cooler. 

i think Duff will tour.  Slice will tour more for SMKC then they will end up doing a new slice record.  Guns will to my guess be quiet next year.  No tours.  They’ll supposedly be working on a new record that will never happen.

fin  

11 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

By they'll try maybe Slash, Duff, and the others, but not Axl. I don't think he has any interest in new music whatsoever. He obviously has barely any interesting in releasing the music from 20+ years ago! 

I think they will demo some stuff send it to Axl who will show a "Pronounced disinterest" in it.

If a third Snakepit record happens then we know why lol

13 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Duff has his album in October and most likely some theater shows (unconfirmed) I don't think Slash and Myles (if no new record) will tour longer than 2-3 months....sounds more like makeup dates. Guns will probably tour from summer (or fall) onwards '24...hopefully in support of some sorta release. I'll take almost anything, even a Moby 6 remixes of Absurd !

If Duff has an album to promote and play then I doubt they would be working on anything.

2 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Why be upset when you can already hear it! You'll then have both when it finally comes out !

I wanted the song to be released in proper quality with the best solo intact. But I guess you're right, at least I'll have (hopefully) both.

3 hours ago, Gunner55 said:

I agree. I feel you don't listen to mixes in a studio to see which sounds better if a release is imminent. I haven't looked up US ticket sales, but if they aren't doing as strong there it definitely makes sense to hold off a little closer to, just to generate some buzz and get some last minute tickets in. But where's that line of waiting too late? 

That's what I thought. Maybe during the week off they'll at least issue a press release about it? I don't know, it's hard to make sense of some form of strategy with this band. They had more than enough time to deal with all that before the European tour, but even if that was the plan all along, why would they still be "trying to" release or even listening to the mixes?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I wanted the song to be released in proper quality with the best solo intact. But I guess you're right, at least I'll have (hopefully) both.

That's what I thought. Maybe during the week off they'll at least issue a press release about it? I don't know, it's hard to make sense of some form of strategy with this band. They had more than enough time to deal with all that before the European tour, but even if that was the plan all along, why would they still be "trying to" release or even listening to the mixes?

It's been a while since we've had some sorta statement/rant/whine in Axl speech ..the inimitable style of writing only he can do! It's been too long old boy! 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

What made him a scumbag and a creep specifically? Is he banned on here or just no longer posts, I've kinda forgotten the whole saga...just remember him on lot 10+ years ago 

Wonder if he still ventures in for a ghost browse...

He was banned.

58 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

And being serious for a second...that's it right there...perhaps a reason they've decided (if so) not to record (thus far) for this very reason...not to rock the boat, ruin a good thing.... apprehension of what went down with the creative differences in '95...going out a playing the old tunes and racking in the $$$ is one thing...sitting down and going, we're gonna write the next GNR LP is another thing entirely...Axl is a sensitive soul and after the CD saga, must of been exhausting (even if he's to blame for part of it...) Also Axl said he went on a long journey post those sessions in the mid 90s to find his self-confidence as a songwriter again, so there's probably patched up old wounds, he don't want to open up again...so there's some big hurdles most likely BUT his mood and demeanor currently is the best in a long while, so it seems more probable that he may be open to something...even if it is an LP of touched up Chinese....you know what? We're starved! And when you're starved, you'll eat the leftovers the next day and beyond....

But yea, because he doesn't do interviews and let us in, we can only guess these feelings and thoughts but everything and nothing happens for a reason...what's Axl's block?

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Playing devil's advocate here..... that's the setlist for that one show, so it COULD still be in the mix. Locomotive, Walk All Over, TWAT, Sorry etc aren't on that list either and they've been played. 

Being less conciliatory..... I think 'plans changed' too. Which is beyond fucking frustrating. 

P.S. Impact is where it's at. Constantly interesting and unpredictable with a fantastic roster. 

Why do we excuse this band with 'plans changed' - that implies they actually had a plan in the first place. And if the last 30 years have taught us anything, its they don't have a scooby doo! (clue, for you americans)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, General2112 said:

Maybe the reason ISE is on the alternate set is because they plan on opening with the general. That would be one hell of an opener 

To be fair, pretty much every band open shows with the their newest single. Crowd is at its most hyped at the start of a show so they know it'll get a pop so they play 1/2 new songs, then hit you with a hit and the crowd are pumped. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gavgnr said:

Anyone else think it’s kinda sad (pathetic?) that they can’t even get a single song out when we know for a FACT that there’s been a record in the can for 14 years?

Sometimes I just wanna say fuck this band

Don't want to say it, say it! It's true. They real you in, then kick your ass to the curb. then blame you for it. This isn't a band, and if it is, its the north korea of bands. We all have stockholm syndrome for GnR post 93. 

1 minute ago, gavgnr said:

Anyone else think it’s kinda sad (pathetic?) that they can’t even get a single song out when we know for a FACT that there’s been a record in the can for 14 years?

Sometimes I just wanna say fuck this band

Maybe Axl doesn’t like those songs anymore and he’s only releasing the ones he enjoys. He might have a select few that he does and that’s why slash said go record new stuff next year 

• Like 2

The sad fact is they could have easily put out an album in 2020/21 that consisted of

Hardskool

Absurd

Soul Monster

The General

Perhaps 

Atlas Shrugged

Witchita Lineman

Chip Away (duff song)

And said these were axls favourites left over from CD era, updated with the current band with the current main new cover song they've been touring (and that axl sounds good on) and the best duff song released in 20+ years. 8 songs, boom new gnr. That would have sufficed. Smashing pumpkins, Foo fighters, metallica have done 8 track albums, no law says albums need 12-15 songs on them. we know (potentially) all these songs were done around 2020 during lockdowns. That's why Fuck GnR. Fuck TB. Fuck Axl. It isnt hard to give the fans a bone, get this shit out. 

• Like 4