The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

1 minute ago, rumandraisin said:

Just because they soundchecked it and it was on a setlist means nothing. 

Most of the songs that were soundchecked were played later. Most of the songs that appeared on alt setlists were played later.

So it does mean something. I believe that Perhaps and/or The General really is coming out soon.

However, I’m really tired with what they’re doing with „new” music. It’s horrendous. Other bands just release new albums and everything is fine. But Guns N’ Roses can’t work like that because there is Axl Rose who is the biggest rockstar and „perfecionist” and he managed to find the most retarted and unprofessional “management” that the music industry has ever seen.

Right now, they’re not building a hype in any way, they’re just annoying as fuck. If anyone IS actually getting hype then prepare yourself for the great disappointment. There is no way that the songs recorded 25 years ago (sick!) with recently re-recorded guitars and bass and then remixed will convey any profound emotion. 

I enjoy Hard Skool and I think Absurd is somewhat fun but it’s hard to even consider them songs. It’s more like a remix or a mashup.

I still look forward to hear what these unreleased songs will sound like in new versions but I got no hype. Everything that was recorded during CD era has been wasted by Axl. They can use whatever they want from that sessions to create another frankenstein’s monster of a song but there will be no artistic value in that.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

Most of the songs that were soundchecked were played later. Most of the songs that appeared on alt setlists were played later.

So it does mean something. I believe that Perhaps and/or The General really is coming out soon.

However, I’m really tired with what they’re doing with „new” music. It’s horrendous. Other bands just release new albums and everything is fine. But Guns N’ Roses can’t work like that because there is Axl Rose who is the biggest rockstar and „perfecionist” and he managed to find the most retarted and unprofessional “management” that the music industry has ever seen.

Right now, they’re not building a hype in any way, they’re just annoying as fuck. If anyone IS actually getting hype then prepare yourself for the great disappointment. There is no way that the songs recorded 25 years ago (sick!) with recently re-recorded guitars and bass and then remixed will convey any profound emotion. 

I enjoy Hard Skool and I think Absurd is somewhat fun but it’s hard to even consider them songs. It’s more like a remix or a mashup.

I still look forward to hear what these unreleased songs will sound like in new versions but I got no hype. Everything that was recorded during CD era has been wasted by Axl. They can use whatever they want from that sessions to create another frankenstein’s monster of a song but there will be no artistic value in that.

I agree. Music doesn't work like that. Too bad Axl has developed this very bizarre approach AND is the one in the driver's seat.

1 hour ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Pretty much every other band or artist I like has had a more productive studio output since Chinese Democracy. 

At least Billy Joel has the decency to tell his fans that he's not got any new music on the way. 

At least Billy had 13 studio lps. No where near this bands low output.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rumandraisin said:

It doesn't surprise me one bit that the chance of getting Perhaps is slipping away. 

It's not like the band said they were releasing it. This is what happens here, we build up hope and expectation built on nothing and never learn. 

Duff makes a vague comment and we act with surprise and anger when nothing emerges? Like this hasn't happened a hundred times before. 

Just because they soundchecked it and it was on a setlist means nothing. 

You can't blame the fans for getting excited when Duff literally says Guns new is going to be announced soon, maybe even this week followed by the tour manager saying a new song will be out in the next few days. 

They could easily just not say those things

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Even Metallica, who have slowed down their studio output considerably, have put out two studio albums and two live albums in that time. 

Not to be too nit-picky or a nerd, Metallica has released considerably more than two live albums in the period between studio albums.

https://www.livemetallica.com/ // https://www.livemetallica.com/catalog.aspx

Practically every single show is after since 2004 and certainly all shows between 2016 and present.

https://www.nugs.net/ subscribers have access to tons of 2019 - present, and a handful of videos before then.

Really good stuff.

I don’t recall Hard Skool being soundchecked at every single show. It got a few soundchecks, like Perhaps, and then got debuted in Baltimore after its release.

It’s coming. Either shortly before or shortly after they return to North America, would be my guess.

• Like 3

Even if they release and play a new single during the US run, it’s still a weird practice. I know it’s their homeland, but why would you disrespect your European fans like this? (I’ve even heard European crowds are more enthusiastic than the North American ones, which are supposedly less forgiving, colder etc. Don’t quote me, I’ve just heard it, may be nonsense.) Why would you flip off the rest of the world like this? Why not release a new single before the actual goddamn tour even starts? Or better yet, release one song before each leg! We know there’s more than one ready to go, ffs...

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

I don't things plans have changed, they are waiting for Axl to be okay with releasing It, can happen tomorrow or in a month or never but the songs are ready for sure, the problem is the same as always

Perhaps it's just a song that we've all heard before, He is behaving like Gollum right now. Makes me feel better about the leaks, otherwise we may never have heard it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Do you think them getting in the studio (BIG IF!) will actually help Axl's vocal...as lots of vocal techniques, warm-up etc go into album prep...he seemed to record quite a bit in 2005/6 and vocals came back much stronger. Of course there is no exact rhyme and reason to this band or man but one would presume, making new vocals for new songs, would invigorate him and help the voice! Plus if they don't wait 20 years to release, we could have songs in his current range that he'll be able to perform live much easier! Right? (In an ideal world...)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Do you think them getting in the studio (BIG IF!) will actually help Axl's vocal...as lots of vocal techniques, warm-up etc go into album prep...he seemed to record quite a bit in 2005/6 and vocals came back much stronger. Of course there is no exact rhyme and reason to this band or man but one would presume, making new vocals for new songs, would invigorate him and help the voice! Plus if they don't wait 20 years to release, we could have songs in his current range that he'll be able to perform live much easier! Right? (In an ideal world...)

Studio can do magic on anyone voice so don't expect any improvement

3 hours ago, sl4yer said:

They do the opposite of building for hype- any excitement or rumours that lead to excitement seem to get shut down immediately and there's a general feeling among some that fans 'spoil things'! 

Have you ever known any band to be so negative about fans being excited?! Combine that with a long standing refusal to give fans anything they want to hear or buy, and it's just off the scale weird. 

• Like 2

It's been brought up before, and it didn't really strike me as unusual until I was listening to Perhaps in the car for the 100th time... but anyways, the song has one verse, that is repeated twice. So it has the chorus, 1 verse, and that same verse repeated. Is this normal, or could it be placeholder for a new verse that wasn't written when that mix was made (2000)?

The song still seems complete to me (more than Absurd) but just wondering what (if anything) is going on there.

3 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

It's been brought up before, and it didn't really strike me as unusual until I was listening to Perhaps in the car for the 100th time... but anyways, the song has one verse, that is repeated twice. So it has the chorus, 1 verse, and that same verse repeated. Is this normal, or could it be placeholder for a new verse that wasn't written when that mix was made (2000)?

The song still seems complete to me (more than Absurd) but just wondering what (if anything) is going on there.

Its common, but lazy. There isn't much lyrics on those. At least he sings a bit different the second time. 

You made me listen to the song again and now I'm really upset that Robin's solo and guitar work is gonna be replaced. :cry:

13 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I've always felt it sounded incomplete, and I don't expect that to have changed.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

You made me listen to the song again and now I'm really upset that Robin's solo and guitar work is gonna be replaced. :cry:

Me too, his solo ties in really well with Axl's vocals. I can't imagine it being improved. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

I wish they featured Robin on at least one more album worth of material (which almost happened). The Village leaks really highlighted his abilities, especially with Zodiac 13 and Me & My Elvis, to name a few.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Me too, his solo ties in really well with Axl's vocals. I can't imagine it being improved. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

I wish they featured Robin on at least one more album worth of material (which almost happened). The Village leaks really highlighted his abilities, especially with Zodiac 13 and Me & My Elvis, to name a few.

I wonder what his SRV sounding solo is on