The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

47 minutes ago, reayj2003 said:

Yes- I expect 2024 to be quiet. 
AC/DC will no doubt be the big ticket. 

Yeah I'd pay a lot to see Axl/DC again...I think Brian is unfortunately done ..power trip is a huge one for that band 

1 hour ago, colonizedmind said:

What made him a scumbag and a creep specifically? Is he banned on here or just no longer posts, I've kinda forgotten the whole saga...just remember him on lot 10+ years ago 

Wonder if he still ventures in for a ghost browse...

Roommates and close friends with a convicted pedophile, even after the conviction. Repeated hiring of wrestlers with long histories of physical and sexual abuse.

• Wow 1

4 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

The sad fact is they could have easily put out an album in 2020/21 that consisted of

Hardskool

Absurd

Soul Monster

The General

Perhaps 

Atlas Shrugged

Witchita Lineman

Chip Away (duff song)

And said these were axls favourites left over from CD era, updated with the current band with the current main new cover song they've been touring (and that axl sounds good on) and the best duff song released in 20+ years. 8 songs, boom new gnr. That would have sufficed. Smashing pumpkins, Foo fighters, metallica have done 8 track albums, no law says albums need 12-15 songs on them. we know (potentially) all these songs were done around 2020 during lockdowns. That's why Fuck GnR. Fuck TB. Fuck Axl. It isnt hard to give the fans a bone, get this shit out. 

It's not really about the number of tracks, it's about the album length. An album is, technically, anything above the 25min mark. Since GnR songs are usually around 4 minutes long, 7 songs would be enough. Considering Hardskool is 3:42 in length, Absurd is 3:23, the Perhaps leak is 4:02, Atlas is 4:12, State of Grace is 4:10 and Oh My God is 3:45, we'd only need 2 more songs with that average song length. The Soul Monster instrumental leak is 5:49 and Zodiac is 4:39. More than enough. It would be an album around 30min.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Anyone else think it’s kinda sad (pathetic?) that they can’t even get a single song out when we know for a FACT that there’s been a record in the can for 14 years?

Sometimes I just wanna say fuck this band

fuck this band 

1 minute ago, Cosmo said:

It's not really about the number of tracks, it's about the album length. An album is, technically, anything above the 25min mark. Since GnR songs are usually around 4 minutes long, 7 songs would be enough. Considering Hardskool is 3:42 in length, Absurd is 3:23, the Perhaps leak is 4:02, Atlas is 4:12, State of Grace is 4:10 and Oh My God is 3:45, we'd only need 2 more songs with that average song length. The Soul Monster instrumental leak is 5:49 and Zodiac is 4:39. More than enough. It would be an album around 30min.

I feel like The General is at least 6 minutes. I think it’s the Epic that slash was talking about 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

The sad fact is they could have easily put out an album in 2020/21 that consisted of

Hardskool

Absurd

Soul Monster

The General

Perhaps 

Atlas Shrugged

Witchita Lineman

Chip Away (duff song)

And said these were axls favourites left over from CD era, updated with the current band with the current main new cover song they've been touring (and that axl sounds good on) and the best duff song released in 20+ years. 8 songs, boom new gnr. That would have sufficed. Smashing pumpkins, Foo fighters, metallica have done 8 track albums, no law says albums need 12-15 songs on them. we know (potentially) all these songs were done around 2020 during lockdowns. That's why Fuck GnR. Fuck TB. Fuck Axl. It isnt hard to give the fans a bone, get this shit out. 

Pretty much. If a worldwide pandemic, where everything else in the world stopped, couldn't even get them to record/mashup an entire album of leftover/bullshit songs, then they ain't going into the studio next year to do one either. They could've just submitted ideas over Zoom for fuck's sake. The world gave them an excuse to not even choke each other out for being in the same studio.

Instead, they are now piecemealing a whole EP of 4-5 songs (maybe) over, how many years? 4? 5? 6? The reason people get frustrated with this band is because people want to see some simple effort, and not just getting charged up the ass for live shows and outrageously hideous merchandise. People will still go for it. I don't even blame them at this point, since it could be the last we even see of them. But that's how they're going to get you.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Trin9498 said:

They need to leave Oh My God as is....dont need a re-release...dont need a remix etc...it's released...

They could call it something else. (Like Silkworms/Absurd) There's more than one different version in the vault. A remix Axl described, and an updated version with Buckethead and Bumblefoot, which leaked.  The leaked version doesn't fit the description of what Axl described, which is interesting. "OMG2" was on the leaked 2008 CD2 list, so there's definitely something there. 

I feel the 1999 OMG suffered from being rushed out. I don't like the muffled effect on Axl's vocals either and the instrumental is a little less punchy than the leaked version. Bucket's guitar during the chorus is great. I do prefer the original solo vs Bumblefoot's (Or was that Bucket's solo?) 

The above shouldn't be confused for "Oh My God" by Sixx: A.M. featuring DJ Ashba. :P 

All of know is that I'm waiting to buy my tickets to the Houston show until they release something. 

I'm hoping they do but I'm not really into dropping money for  lazy dinosaur legacy acts that continue to jerk their loyal fans around.

Let them sing to a stadium that can only name 4 of their songs and has no idea what Chinese Democracy is.

Edited by Illusion1987
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, DSTK said:

Yeah I'd pay a lot to see Axl/DC again...I think Brian is unfortunately done ..power trip is a huge one for that band 

I'm not sure I'd want to see AXL/DC again, given Axl's vocal decline in recent years. Hearing Guns play Back In Black last year was hard enough compared to how it sounded in 2016.

3 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

I'm not sure I'd want to see AXL/DC again, given Axl's vocal decline in recent years. Hearing Guns play Back In Black last year was hard enough compared to how it sounded in 2016.

2016 at Manchester was mind blowing 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Stro said:

Roommates and close friends with a convicted pedophile, even after the conviction. Repeated hiring of wrestlers with long histories of physical and sexual abuse.

I did not know that

47 minutes ago, Trin9498 said:

They need to leave Oh My God as is....dont need a re-release...dont need a remix etc...it's released...

But as a demo for a soundtrack..bumble worked on it, longer intro ,better guitars 

Worth a shot, it's what I'd like ,not what you'd like...everyone's obsessed with perhaps and the general...their wish.  That's mine 

1 minute ago, smokingarthur said:

Nothing is getting released. Axl is in his petulant mode and it will take a long time before his need for self-sabotage and spitefulness towards super-fans has been abated. 

I know that's the popular thing to assume and I sometimes feel like that, too, but somehow seeing the way he is on stage these days, full of energy and obviously having so much fun, that's such a stark contrast to the way we assume him to be regarding new music, insecure, spiteful, slow moving, overthinking. It really does my head in.

I'd love to read his biography one day. Reading his point of view about everything will be so interesting.

• Like 3

Is this drastic change in the mood just due to the recent setlist leak without Perhaps/The General or did I miss something? I mean, I didn't expect anything to come out any time soon, but I don't see why you can't be optimistic now when you were opstimitic a week ago.