The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

12 minutes ago, Carnal894x said:

That would be greatly appreciated! 

I hope it does have vocals but I also have my doubts that it even exists with vocals

Seems strange that they would mark it as No Vox on the Village discs if some version of it didnt exist with Vocals

It is always said that Axl didn't record any more vocals after 2006? But how do we actually know that in the time between the Village Sessions and 2006 he didn't record any vocals for all the songs like
Tonto, Mustache and co?
Then the statement that CD 2 was finished could be completely true, couldn't it?

2 minutes ago, OhMyGod1986 said:

It is always said that Axl didn't record any more vocals after 2006? But how do we actually know that in the time between the Village Sessions and 2006 he didn't record any vocals for all the songs like
Tonto, Mustache and co?
Then the statement that CD 2 was finished could be completely true, couldn't it?

We really don’t know for sure. People do like to say that, and infamously some people say Axl stopped recording vocals after 1999. But none of us know for sure. I always thought the TIL remix was recorded after 2007 personally. And if you want to be technical, Rock the Rock was recorded in 2016 or something. There are many days where Axl is silent and out of the view of public. Maybe he’s never stepped foot in a studio since 2006, maybe he’s there dozens or hundreds of times a year. We’ll likely never know.

• GNFNR 1

35 minutes ago, OhMyGod1986 said:

Tonto, Mustache and co?

Both Slash and Ron have said that they have never gotten in a room and written music together as a band. That would date back to 2006 at least. 

If they didn't write anything, then the only thing they could have worked on is existing material. 

Nobody knows for sure but I'd say early 00s was last time 

5 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

Both Slash and Ron have said that they have never gotten in a room and written music together as a band. That would date back to 2006 at least. 

If they didn't write anything, then the only thing they could have worked on is existing material. 

Nobody knows for sure but I'd say early 00s was last time 

Sorry, i don't understand. How is that related to my question. On the Village Leaks there are quiete a few songs without vocals, which are somehow never mentioned. Axl could have recorded vocals for them after all.

52 minutes ago, OhMyGod1986 said:

Tonto, Mustache and co?

Did the versions of Sorry, If The World and Shacklers from Village have vocals or were they instrumentals? I never located the songs from that disc or discs

We know Better vocals were recorded sometime between 2001 and 2005. Scraped and TIL album version could have been recorded any time between 2001 and 2007. The TIL remix that leaked sounds like Axl's 2009 or 2010 vocals but no way to be sure. 

I am a believer of CD2 existing and ready to be released, I think that people believing Axl has not recorded any vocals since 1999 It's stupid.

On the other side I think Axl was too obsessed with the CD material and has not written any new song for 15 years or more, this does not mean he has not written any lyrics or came up with some ideas but nothing that ever materialised.

I think songs like Oklahoma, Soul Monster, Seven, As It Began... have been finished at some point just because we know Axl has been on the studio after CD release but probably we won't hear them until he passes away and TB want to make money of them.

On this scenario I think they have reworked Hardskool, Absurd, The General, Perhaps and Atlas but probably nothing more is coming.

If Slash & Duff can get Axl in the studio and just finish one or two songs in the next 2 or 3 years I think they will have done something unbelievable

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

42 minutes ago, Mikey Whipwreck said:

Did the versions of Sorry, If The World and Shacklers from Village have vocals or were they instrumentals? I never located the songs from that disc or discs

We know Better vocals were recorded sometime between 2001 and 2005. Scraped and TIL album version could have been recorded any time between 2001 and 2007. The TIL remix that leaked sounds like Axl's 2009 or 2010 vocals but no way to be sure. 

If The World had vocals, the other two didn't. Sorry (titled "I'm Sorry") and especially Shackler's (titled "Shanckler's Revenge") were very raw sounding instrumentals.

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

We really don’t know for sure. People do like to say that, and infamously some people say Axl stopped recording vocals after 1999. But none of us know for sure. I always thought the TIL remix was recorded after 2007 personally. And if you want to be technical, Rock the Rock was recorded in 2016 or something. There are many days where Axl is silent and out of the view of public. Maybe he’s never stepped foot in a studio since 2006, maybe he’s there dozens or hundreds of times a year. We’ll likely never know.

In a Fortus interview a few years back he mentioned Axl working on some vocals for a couple weeks or so in 2001.

This is always ignored when people push the "no vocals after 99!!" narrative.

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

If The World had vocals, the other two didn't. Sorry (titled "I'm Sorry") and especially Shackler's (titled "Shanckler's Revenge") were very raw sounding instrumentals.

That version of Sorry sorta has the doom metal vibe Baz mentioned.

It's also superior to the final version IMO.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

In a Fortus interview a few years back he mentioned Axl working on some vocals for a couple weeks or so in 2001.

Yeah, Fortus was talking about late 2014, actually. He said he knew Axl was recording vocals that week or something. Who knows if it was true.

There is no definitive information on if we have all of the Village session disks, right? There could be a Zodiac with vocals out there. 

It’s anyone’s guess on when Axl finished recording vocals. I don’t think there is that much more than what’s on the locker disks, but I would guess there are more sets and collections of demos in a similar vein out there. Maybe not in circulation, but some producer somewhere probably has 25 disks of Buckethead solos and Oh My God variations. 

5 hours ago, OhMyGod1986 said:

Tonto, Mustache and co?

Who says he didn't record vocals after 2006? He was at The Palms in Vegas in early 2007 (plus some other studios I think?) and the lyrics for Shackler's must have been completed sometime after April 2007.

I always assumed the vocals for the This I Love remix were from around 2009, since they sound closer to his 2010 voice than his 2006 voice, and that's when they seemed to really be considering releasing a remix album.

4 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Who says he didn't record vocals after 2006? He was at The Palms in Vegas in early 2007 (plus some other studios I think?) and the lyrics for Shackler's must have been completed sometime after April 2007.

I always assumed the vocals for the This I Love remix were from around 2009, since they sound closer to his 2010 voice than his 2006 voice, and that's when they seemed to really be considering releasing a remix album.

No one says he didn't after 2006. Well, no one who knows their CD history. He recorded vox early 2007 tidying songs up. I think the Shacklers thing about the school shooting inspiring the lyrics has been taken out of context. I don't think they were done that late. 

Betters vocals were recorded before 2003 as it was one of the tracks played at a strip club that year where the first leaks stemmed from in 2006 wasn't it? 

Stuff had been dropped by 2002 and replaced by newer tracks, Axl reffered to this in an interview 2002 and said something about they needed to start wrapping things up even though some newer stuff had replaced older tracks and delayed things more. It's likely these newer ones worked on over winter and early 2002 were Better, General, Soul and Seven. Thyme as well in whatever form that song is. 

3 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

No one says he didn't after 2006. Well, no one who knows their CD history. He recorded vox early 2007 tidying songs up. I think the Shacklers thing about the school shooting inspiring the lyrics has been taken out of context. I don't think they were done that late. 

Betters vocals were recorded before 2003 as it was one of the tracks played at a strip club that year where the first leaks stemmed from in 2006 wasn't it? 

Stuff had been dropped by 2002 and replaced by newer tracks, Axl reffered to this in an interview 2002 and said something about they needed to start wrapping things up even though some newer stuff had replaced older tracks and delayed things more. It's likely these newer ones worked on over winter and early 2002 were Better, General, Soul and Seven. Thyme as well in whatever form that song is. 

Didn't Brain say they wrote General in 2005? 

Edited by Carnal894x

15 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Did you send him a DM about Zodiac with vocals? :P 

Ha I wish. Nah I had mentioned wanting to learn Me And My Elvis on guitar and he sent me a messsage about it. Had always heard rumblings of Zodiac having vocals and on the rough mixes it's the only instrumental that says no vox so it could be it has/had vocals.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Carnal894x said:

I'd love to get my hands on anything 2002-2014 that we havent heard. I was one of the few people that believed in NuGuns out of everyone i knew who was a Guns fan. I thought the boat was missed in terms of what they could have achieved. I loved the sound and Axls vision of where he wanted the music to go. I remember being on the forums years ago waiting for Chinese (an album Imo that is extremely underrated although I was a bit disappointed it wasn't a double) 

Someone should do Bumblefoot's Argentina song with Axl vocals using AI. I seem to remember that was a song Bumblefoot presented to Axl who wasn't interested.

• Like 4