The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

2 hours ago, Illusion1987 said:

Seriously....how fun is it going to be to listen to a  new album where you've already heard 85% of the songs?

Isn't one of the great things about hearing a new album is hearing a whole NEW collection of songs at once and slowly navigating through the album?

This drip feed strategy  Sucks!

Well... It was the same with CD. 

If you want a new album with songs you've never heard before, you have to resist listening to the leaks, I guess... 

12 hours ago, Rovim said:

Bumble wasn't fired though, he chose to quit Gn'R.

Yeah after 3 years of whining and criticising the band yet still getting paid. 

Ironic that the most irritating outspoken member that couldn't stop slagging them off was the one who didn't get fired. 

• Like 1

My summaries of BBF wanting out of GN'R:

BUMBLEFOOT IS UNCOMFORTABLE IN GUNS N' ROSES

NOVEMBER 2011 (?): BUMBLEFOOT TRIES TO DRINK HIMSELF TO DEATH

NOVEMBER 20, 2011: WILKES BARRE; BUMBLEFOOT IS "ONE CONVERSATION AWAY FROM QUITTING"

JULY-SEPTEMBER 2012: "FUCK GNR"; THE TOURING ITINERARY IS HARD ON BUMBLEFOOT

NOVEMBER 2013: BUMBLEFOOT THREATENS TO LEAVE GUNS N' ROSES

But yes, he did a lot of good for GN'R. He had many good ideas and was extremely fan friendly. A solid guy, Bumblefoot, but not a great fit with GN'R. Maybe that's why.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

££££££ $$$$$$$$$

Sure, money was likely a big part of it, and exposure. The exposure was likely very important. 

But I also think he found aspects of it very satisfying and fun, like meeting fans, the prospect of making new GN'R music, and to some extent he likely didn't want to be a quitter and had job integrity and wanted to be a team player and all that. 

He was torn. But yeah, in hindsight he probably should have left earlier, and he will likely agree to that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Obviously he'll have signed all sorts of NDAs so it won't happen, but I would absolutely love to hear Bumblefoot's stories from his time in GNR. 

I think he doesn't like to talk abou it that much. Even talking about harmless things like his own parts on CD seems like a touchy subject.

1 minute ago, bmus1 said:

BBF is like the original internet guitar troll turned famous touring musician. Great dude in person too, just very emotional online.

I have met him in real life, and he was kind. He did seem to interact with the fans well. 

5 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

I think he doesn't like to talk abou it that much. Even talking about harmless things like his own parts on CD seems like a touchy subject.

I wonder if that is wrapped up in NDA stuff though? We'll never know I suppose. 

Wouldn't mind hearing Pitman's stories either really! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Wouldn't mind hearing Pitman's stories either really! 

Apparently Paul Tobias would love to share too, but he said he isn't able to, which I assume to be a legal block of some kind. 

I wouldn't have signed any NDA that would extend more than 5 years beyond whatever activity I'm to be involved in. 
I know, I know, we don't know shit about the behind-the-scenes reality... but still. This is lame. We need more info, on anything and everything! I think a natural courtesy and gratitude towards Axl actually also plays a huge role here. I mean, BBF, BH or DJ may have quite a number of fans, but their fame had never reached beyond certain limits. And suddenly, the whole world knew who they were. You couldn't get better advertisement or promotion. Plus they're long gone from the band and do their own thing, so why stir any waters and risk someone (Axl) getting pissed off at you for spilling some private beans. They certainly have no reason to risk anything like that for a bunch of internet lunatics. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I wouldn't have signed any NDA that would extend more than 5 years beyond whatever activity I'm to be involved in. 
I know, I know, we don't know shit about the behind-the-scenes reality... but still. This is lame. We need more info, on anything and everything! I think a natural courtesy and gratitude towards Axl actually also plays a huge role here. I mean, BBF, BH or DJ may have quite a number of fans, but their fame had never reached beyond certain limits. And suddenly, the whole world knew who they were. You couldn't get better advertisement or promotion. Plus they're long gone from the band and do their own thing, so why stir any waters and risk someone (Axl) getting pissed off at you for spilling some private beans. They certainly have no reason to risk anything like that for a bunch of internet lunatics. 

yeah but it's like... nobody forced their hand when Axl offered them a job on the condition they'll agree to sign a Gn'R NDA. 

Edited by Rovim

19 minutes ago, Rovim said:

yeah but it's like... nobody forced their hand when Axl offered them a job on the condition they'll agree to sign a Gn'R NDA. 

No of course, it must have been basically some boilerplate, take it or leave it agreement. 
I just wonder whether one day we’ll get some real first-hand insight into the CD era, at least partially, something like the Chinese Whispers web but from one of the musicians. How cool would that be. But then, we also might be waiting for this for 30 years...

1 minute ago, jamillos said:

No of course, it must have been basically some boilerplate, take it or leave it agreement. 
I just wonder whether one day we’ll get some real first-hand insight into the CD era, at least partially, something like the Chinese Whispers web but from one of the musicians. How cool would that be. But then, we also might be waiting for this for 30 years...

yeah I get that. I would imagine the best chance of it happening is that in the future maybe Axl will be in the mood to talk about it some more, at the very least. his china exchange interview comments about being interested in writing an autobiography but being unable to do it cause he doesn't want to hurt Slash's feelings or whatever makes me think that he's the type to want to share his history and a big part of it is the Chinese era.

maybe when enough time has passed cause it seems like it wasn't a fun experience for Axl. I'm optimistic that it will eventually happen, but maybe in the distant future, like you said.