08/26/23 - Nashville, TN - GEODIS Park

downzy

6 hours ago, B5Redeye said:

Just got back to the room and took a shower.

it was a great show. Best I’ve ever heard Axl sound at a large venue and especially outside. Anyone that says different wasn’t there.

6 hours ago, Kwam09 said:

Man this show was something else. They sounded tighter as a band and Axl seemed much happier than when I last saw them in 2016. This is the best show I've seen of theirs since 2006 and I was not really expecting that!

Really happy it was a sweet show! Did you guys get any vids by chance? Trying to find Perhaps from last night....I guess folk still asleep and may upload on joining the land of the living...

6 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Also the irony is, he still claims it wasn't him right? That actually did the leaking...because he accepted that cheque from GNR not to leaks right?

The Rolling Stone article hints heavily at who actually did the leaking.

9 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

He more or less admitted it in the Rolling Stone article.

For the later leaks, yeah, but this bit stood out to me about the initial leak:

According to Dunsford, that night he found Madeline at a computer with the thumb drive and worried she was trying to send tracks to MSL, who hadn’t invested. Dunsford snatched the thumb drive and slept with it under his pillow. (In an interview, Madeline claimed, “I wasn’t really involved in any of that stuff.” Shortly after, she ended that call.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, colonizedmind said:

How water tight was their deal with him, was it just a cash in hand mob deal, otherwise, couldn't they do more than ban him from gigs (unsuccessfully apparently) and actually sue him for breach ?

I guess they didn't want the fuss. It's all in the RS article.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Amir said:

For the later leaks, yeah, but this bit stood out to me about the initial leak:

Only in GNR world could the most major articles (prior to recent months) about music be from a fan heist!! I'm honestly surprised somewhere deep and dark online, there isn't an underground Rick-like army of folk willing to storm Axl's home and take Beta hostage until the passwords are given for all the drives and safes of music! We're Cray Cray! 

Has anyone looked into other sacked A&R men that were around the time of the recordings in the 12 other studios used to record Chinese?? 😏

- if they were smart, they did an internal investigation to plug all these with letters to last employees i'd imagine....

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I guess they didn't want the fuss. It's all in the RS article.

Made way more of a fuss with 2008 dude!

Edited by colonizedmind

10 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Only in GNR world could the most major articles (prior to recent months) about music be from a fan heist!! I'm honestly surprised somewhere deep and dark online, there isn't an underground Rick-like army of folk willing to storm Axl's home and take Beta hostage until the passwords are given for all the drives and safes of music! We're Cray Cray! 

Has anyone looked into other sacked A&R men that were around the time of the recordings in the 12 other studios used to record Chinese?? 😏

- if they were smart, they did an internal investigation to plug all these with letters to last employees i'd imagine....

Made way more of a fuss with 2008 dude!

The 2008 leak got a lot of publicity. 2019 was a different time. The press didn't care all that much about leaks from the CD era, so GN'R had no reason to make a fuss about it themselves.

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The 2008 leak got a lot of publicity. 2019 was a different time. The press didn't care all that much about leaks from the CD era, so GN'R had no reason to make a fuss about it themselves.

Yea, true....but if the plan had been before that new material was to come from these tracks, it would certainly of been an issue....we don't know for sure but the one good thing old Rick may have done, is remind Axl of these tracks and to get them out, as there's a history, when something leaks, Axl sees it as a starting gun to put the song out in the next 10 years or so....General FINALLY breaks that trend! 

2 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Yea, true....but if the plan had been before that new material was to come from these tracks, it would certainly of been an issue....we don't know for sure but the one good thing old Rick may have done, is remind Axl of these tracks and to get them out, as there's a history, when something leaks, Axl sees it as a starting gun to put the song out in the next 10 years or so....General FINALLY breaks that trend! 

It was an issue, but it would have gotten much more attention if GN'R had handled it differently, and I don't think they wanted that.

10 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Really happy it was a sweet show! Did you guys get any vids by chance? Trying to find Perhaps from last night....I guess folk still asleep and may upload on joining the land of the living...

Haha was a long night sure especially after walking/waiting on Uber.

I took some vids and I’ll upload them at some point.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Is GNR really bothered about someone buying a ticket and going to a show? 

If so, that's pretty mad. 

I think it's pretty weird Rick is still a fan of this band and going to their concerts when he feels they have treated him so poorly.  Maybe he thinks it's an act against some injustice but I find it creepy.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

They're not bothered anymore, as it seems.

Axl may or may not be on meds, but why would falling down have to do with that? He slips and falls (statistically) about two or three times on each tour. Slash has fallen twice on this tour, too. They're on stage, they move a lot, and they have gotten older. It can happen.

Not the falling down. The way he “recovered.” 
There’s been a huge change from 2016 onward in his “mood” and mannerisms. I’m no expert but I’m saying it’s plausible he’s taking some happy pills in order to keep his psyche in check to continue this feel good money making tour with Slash. I also feel whatever he may or may not be taking is affecting his singing ability as well. 
Just my two cents. 

2 hours ago, Appetitefordiscussion said:

To those who weren’t there, check out SLITHER on YouTube. He fell and played it off in the coolest most Axl Rose way ever. 

I remember my heart sinking when Madagascar was played. Never heard that one, even when I saw them with NuGuns. Truly, a special song. 

It was really a cool moment. At first we were like wtf….he didn’t miss a beat.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

12 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Not the falling down. The way he “recovered.” 
There’s been a huge change from 2016 onward in his “mood” and mannerisms. I’m no expert but I’m saying it’s plausible he’s taking some happy pills in order to keep his psyche in check to continue this feel good money making tour with Slash. I also feel whatever he may or may not be taking is affecting his singing ability as well. 
Just my two cents. 

I don't know about the rest, but the only thing I see in this falling down incident is that he's trying to keep his balance while still singing.

• Like 1