08/26/23 - Nashville, TN - GEODIS Park

downzy

2 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Have you ever been in a bad marriage/relationship? 

It's like that?  Because that would be even weirder.  As far as I know he doesn't have a real relationship with the band.  Never worked for them, spent any significant amount of time with them.  His relationship would be all in his head.  It would be like him trying to push a relationship on someone who had clearly said they don't want one.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cineater said:

I think it's pretty weird Rick is still a fan of this band and going to their concerts when he feels they have treated him so poorly.  Maybe he thinks it's an act against some injustice but I find it creepy.

Yeah- if I felt so strongly I wouldn't want to give the band a penny of mine ever again. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 2

I almost feel bad saying this, because people take it personally when one critiques a show that they attended in person, as if the critic is taking a precious memory away from them, or even causing a bit of buyer’s remorse.

But Axl sounds dreadful. Something is seriously going wrong here, and I refuse to believe it’s just “age.” His technique is all wrong and I’m just flummoxed as to why there’s nobody helping him, or what they’re telling him if they are.

It’s not that he can’t hit the high notes anymore, it’s the way he chooses to hit them. And that midrange Mickey gets worse and worse every night.

It’s honestly freaking me out.

• Like 1
  • PERHAPS 1

18 minutes ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

Almost a part of his routine now, looks almost identical to Hyde Park when he slipped, spun and regathered.

That was some save, as was Glasgow..2 shows for me this summer & Axl was on ice skates 😂

• Haha 1

Axl seemed to save the rasp for a little bit here, had some voice cracking moments too (for instance at the end of Maddy). But I still admire him for doing these marathon shows at this point of his career. I just hope his voice stays ok in the future.

Edited by Judezki
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I feel like they did take some extra steps to help him this tour. The backing vocals are utilized a lot more and they added songs that are easier to sing like PTU and BO. Vocals sounded good in person at the Fenway gig. It’s more than acceptable for a live show. The dude is 60

Yes. Don’t know what it sounds like on YT but in person it was very good. Miles better than the 21 tour.

Axl is sounding better in North America than what he did in Europe/Middle East, to my ears anyway, I’m liking what I’m hearing. 

The PTU line explanation was gold too, that was like old Axl.

I think there’s a possibility the (widely positive) reaction to Perhaps has given him confidence too.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dani_1455 said:

I think this is the first time I see Slash enjoying so much Madagascar, normally when he plays he is just like how we know Slash, doesn't react a lot or feel I don't know how to explain It but this time is just different

Like he's an npc