08/21/23 - Boston, MA - Fenway Park

downzy

16 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Setlist.fm says Slash played a piece of Fall to Pieces after Patience but I didn't notice that. 

I saw that too when I checked out the setlist. I think somebody just got confused because the very last descending arpeggio Slash plays in Patience is indeed quite similar to the start of Fall To Pieces.

2 hours ago, James Bond said:

I saw that too when I checked out the setlist. I think somebody just got confused because the very last descending arpeggio Slash plays in Patience is indeed quite similar to the start of Fall To Pieces.

He's played a couple of chords before too, they should play the song as Duff's track & drop Slither

1 minute ago, Martin Riggs said:

Why as Duff’s track? I’d like to hear Axl sing it. Maybe he can sing that one correctly. 

Because Now I wanna be your dog & TV eye are crap...and fall to pieces is Duff's song with it being VR, let Axl crack on with what Guns have recorded 

33 minutes ago, DSTK said:

Because Now I wanna be your dog & TV eye are crap...and fall to pieces is Duff's song with it being VR, let Axl crack on with what Guns have recorded 

Nah, I’d like to hear Axl try it. Slash does CD songs and Axl does one of his from outside of Guns. I think they should just switch it up from time to time. They’ve done Slither enough. 

21 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I don't understand why people want them to drop Slither, they actually play it pretty well.

I want Axl to sing a Slash song that he sings better. His approach to Slither is wrong imo.

1 hour ago, Martin Riggs said:

Nah, I’d like to hear Axl try it. Slash does CD songs and Axl does one of his from outside of Guns. I think they should just switch it up from time to time. They’ve done Slither enough. 

I want Axl to sing a Slash song that he sings better. His approach to Slither is wrong imo.

Slash does CD songs, badly...butchers the lot, maybe that's why most gigs they're only playing CD it's self ? 

He'd sound awesome on Slither using his bad obsession/PTU approach, I liked Slither, black hole sun and seeker for a while but it went on too long, seeker is the best of the bunch live for me

Slash song , set me free or loving the alien ? 

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

I don't understand why people want them to drop Slither, they actually play it pretty well.

It's the chorus only, sing it in a deep voice and it's a banger 

27 minutes ago, DSTK said:

He'd sound awesome on Slither using his bad obsession/PTU approach, I liked Slither, black hole sun and seeker for a while but it went on too long, seeker is the best of the bunch live for me

Slash song , set me free or loving the alien ? 

Oh that’s a tough one.  Set Me Free would be a good energy song live, but it would be epic if Axl could pull off Loving The Alien so I’d probably go with that. Kinda crazy how Contraband was almost 20 years ago now. Was a cool time. 

I was quite impressed with Axl's vocals at that show. It's never going to be perfect, but it was good. The normal struggle songs were there, but he had quite a few highlights. One of the guys with us mentioned a few times throughout the night that he didn't think Axl could hit half the notes he did. Being at the show is certainly a lot different than watching clips on YouTube, but I'm guessing the large group of haters who constantly spew that Axl can't sing anything anymore would at least partially change their minds if they were there live. 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

It was awesome the other night... People were into it.. Absurd and Hardschool on the other hand.. .. not so much

21 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Slash killed CD and TiL this show :headbang:

I think he does great on a lot of CD songs, and okay on others 

I love Slash's part on TIL... I also like their versions of Sorry and CD but don't like the studio versions. 

13 hours ago, Ninjapie24 said:

I hadn’t really felt like seeing them since Foxboro in 2016, but that show was fantastic. Even though my clothes were still wet until yesterday, and the setlist was a bit shorter. Those downsides were not nearly enough to not make it really fun. We were in B5 near the stage so there was nothing we could do about the weather, and after a couple songs of downpour we just accepted the fact that we’d be soaked the rest of the time 

This was the best Boston show since the Foxboro shows..

23 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

The band sound great but Axl terrible on Slither. He talks the verses and 'here comes the water' sounds bloody awful.

They've been doing it since 2018. Time to drop it

On 8/23/2023 at 6:44 PM, Martin Riggs said:

That was pretty damn good

Yep! Excellent and I have never said this before but Slash's TIL was excellent too, nailed it and in a completely different way to the original. Axl sounded very good too!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

This was the best Boston show since the Foxboro shows..

I was surprised how into it the crowd was even with all the weather. It seemed to me like it was even more so than the Foxboro show, but that may have been because I was in front of the stage this time instead of in the stands 

• Like 1