08/21/23 - Boston, MA - Fenway Park

downzy

Missing Bad Obsession, PTU and the TIL solo so far sucks. Had the chance to go and declined due to the weather outlook. Saw them at fenway last time too. Missing perhaps kinda sucks too but oh well.

If I miss Locomotive and or TWAT ill be unhappy!

Edited by Gunsdrummer63
more context

2 minutes ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

Missing Bad Obsession, PTU and the TIL solo so far sucks. Had the chance to go and declined due to the weather outlook. Saw them at fenway last time too. Missing perhaps kinda sucks too but oh well.

If I miss Locomotive and or TWAT ill be unhappy!

But I’ll be very happy to get those!

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Axl Rose aka God said:

Boston has an early curfew of 10:30. 

All of our concerts end early. Axl had mentioned it before Paradise that they have to end early. 

I saw them at Fenway in 2021. I hated the curfew and that the Red Sox didn’t take down the netting, which ruined the view of the stage. I won’t see another show there. 

Excellent show, the rain really added to the theatrics and made it more fun. Til, estranged, perhaps, bo, ptu, and absurd were highlights for me.

Not once did I feel disappointed or embarrassed about axl's voice.  Only disappointment is that the show ended to quickly.

• Like 1

Setlist: It’s So Easy, Bad Obsession (with Chrissie Hynde on harmonica), Chinese Democracy, Slither, Welcome To The Jungle, Hard Skool, Reckless Life, Pretty Tied Up, Double Talkin’ Jive, Perhaps, Absurd, Rocket Queen, You Could Be Mine, Estranged, Live And Let Die, T.V. Eye, This I Love, Anything Goes, Civil War/(Voodoo Child), Band Introductions, Slash Solo/Sweet Child O’ Mine, November Rain, Patience, Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door, Nightrain, Paradise City

(HTGTH)

• Wow 2
  • PERHAPS 1

Damn, they ended cause of the curfew but they still had enough time to play one more. Oh well, other than that the concert was great. Didn’t even mind getting fucking soaked. My dad went with me and he didn’t do much with the new songs, but he absolutely loved PTU and BO

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Setlist: It’s So Easy, Bad Obsession (with Chrissie Hynde on harmonica), Chinese Democracy, Slither, Welcome To The Jungle, Hard Skool, Reckless Life, Pretty Tied Up, Double Talkin’ Jive, Perhaps, Absurd, Rocket Queen, You Could Be Mine, Estranged, Live And Let Die, T.V. Eye, This I Love, Anything Goes, Civil War/(Voodoo Child), Band Introductions, Slash Solo/Sweet Child O’ Mine, November Rain, Patience, Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door, Nightrain, Paradise City

(HTGTH)

That’s a nice set list. 

• Like 1

Just got back. Some random thoughts:

The stage show looked trimmed down. Back to basics, no pyro, lights, etc. 

The band was very tight.

Axl looked like he was having a great time.

The rain kind of sucked, but it did give a good vibe.

The Pretenders were awesome. One of the best opening bands I've ever seen.

Edited by RichardNixon
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, RichardNixon said:

Just got back. Some random thoughts:

The stage show looked trimmed down. Back to basics, no pyro, lights, etc. 

The band was very tight.

Axl looked like he was having a great time.

The rain kind of sucked, but it did give a good vibe.

The Pretenders were awesome. One of the best opening bands I've ever seen.

I agree about the Pretenders. I haven't seen them in years, and really liked their set.