08/15/23 - East Rutherford, NJ - Metlife Stadium

downzy

43 minutes ago, Jeffc2022 said:

I just talked to a woman who was right beside the guys doing the bread antics. 

She said she thinks they wanted to hit axl with the loaf of bread so he would get mad. They were kids prob 16 they were high

Dumb kids. Axl would've got mad in the old days but he’s so mature now

• Like 1

I can't decide which show was more fun to be a part of here, the Bread Show tonight or the "underwater" show in Bern last month where the only stream we had sounded like it was being recorded from inside the oceangate submarine. lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

If anyone left earlier is irrelevant to my statement 

Fair. The promoter provided thousands upon thousands of free tickets agencies, radio stations and orgs because sales were stupid low and the stadium would have been empty. People, when receiving free tix, only redeem them maybe 20/25% of the time. GNR fans can delude themselves however they want but in the US at least, gnr is playing to empty stadiums. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, IzzysMissy said:

Fair. The promoter provided thousands upon thousands of free tickets agencies, radio stations and orgs because sales were stupid low and the stadium would have been empty. People, when receiving free tix, only redeem them maybe 20/25% of the time. GNR fans can delude themselves however they want but in the US at least, gnr is playing to empty stadiums. 

Best GN'R related news of the entire year. Time to wake up.

Edited by Uncle Bob
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, IzzysMissy said:

Resale pit tickets on Ticketmaster were going for $800+ literally 10min before the band took the stage. 

18 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Resale pit tickets on Ticketmaster were going for $800+ literally 10min before the band took the stage. 

I can list tickets at $1mm if I wanted to. Also. Pit Tickets. There are 1000 pit tickets. There are 45K other tickets ya gotta sell too. Just playin devils advocate here - many decades of music biz life has taught me many things, concert production and ticket sales cycles being two of them.

Edited by IzzysMissy

1 minute ago, IzzysMissy said:

I can list tickets at $1mm if I wanted to. Also. Pit Tickets. There are 1000 pit tickets. There are 45K other tickets ya gotta sell too. Just playin devils advocate here - many decades of music biz life has taught me many things, concert production and ticket sales cycles being two of them.

People asking for up to $10,000 for resale tickets for the Florida gig, would like some of what they're smoking :lol:

7 hours ago, AtlasShrugged said:

As a fan I enjoyed the gig but it was so badly paced for a casual. So personally no complaints but for a big stadium show they need to pace it better 

Agree. When watching them in Sydney 2022 in the freezing cold pouring rain, its a long show with odd pacing. Testing for a casual fan. 
as a diehard i loved it, but thats easy when you know every song.

Going from SCOM, NV, KOHD, to fucking Wichita and Sorry (Sydney) is such a buzz kill for a casual.

The encore- should be big hits.  Patience, Dont Cry, Paradise is enough. 

Its surprising that at a GNR concert not many songs are known by the majority. ID say more than 50% in attendance only know WTTJ, SCOM, LALD, NV, KOHD, Patience + PC. With a few more knowing some AFD songs like Nightrain, RQ, Civil War, YCBM. But thats it. 

For a band with a small catalog, not much is know by the masses other than the major hits.