08/15/23 - East Rutherford, NJ - Metlife Stadium

downzy

9 minutes ago, Skamos66 said:

Well some good takeaways at least from this show.

1) Pretty Tied Up was played again, so unless media makes it a big controversy, it'll likely stay on the setlist.
2) New Jersey gig is over with, so the likelihood of idiots like Craig attending has gone down significantly.
3) Catcher In The Rye surprise! (The bread loaf throwing in the crowd is responsible for it's re-appearance and I refuse to think otherwise)

They most likely just forgot to play PTU in Hershey. Another time they forgot Brownstone. I guess sometimes shit happens when shuffling the setlist on the spot.

Edited by Blackstar

2 minutes ago, Skamos66 said:

Especially on bread night, I was dying laughing when it hit.

Yea but it didn't hit AXL! I was desperate for it to hit him, so he'd instantly reach into his back pocket and find a 🌽 to throw back...."you draw first blood..."

Yes we're all getting more delirious by the day...yes....

Edited by colonizedmind

1 minute ago, AtlasShrugged said:

Well I was there and I love catcher but it sounded absolutely terrible. All because of Axl.

he was also at fault for hard skool. 

it’s ironic he sounds so bad on songs he wrote with his modern voice.

good gig otherwise 

Well, modern if you consider his voice 20+ years ago modern.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Axl just can’t do it anymore vocalwise Slash was sloppy as all fuck. Duff was the one holding it together tonight. 

Without a new album in the works, I wouldn’t mind if they took a multi year break after the concerts this year. Just boring after 7 years without any signs of creativity. Enough. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I think it's really cool to get a 10 minute song in the encore. Must be great especially for people who thought the band was already done playing and coming back with something long like that.

Fair enough. But fatigue kicks in after 3 hours and a 10-minute deep cut comes on.

8 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I think it's really cool to get a 10 minute song in the encore. Must be great especially for people who thought the band was already done playing and coming back with something long like that.

Estranged in the 90s says hi 

Catcher was played?  Nice.  I'm a big fan of that song.  I can understand feeling it was tinkered with too much and better versions of it went unreleased, but I disagree when people write it off as a middling Axl/NuGuns song.  I think if it had released on the Illusion albums it would be appreciated like Breakdown or Yesterdays.

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, AtlasShrugged said:

Well I was there and I love catcher but it sounded absolutely terrible. All because of Axl.

he was also at fault for hard skool. 

it’s ironic he sounds so bad on songs he wrote with his modern voice.

good gig otherwise 

I mean, modern voice in 2000 lol.  All jokes aside, that is the most depressing part.  We know what songs they had by 2001 thanks to the locker leaks, but stuff like Shacklers, Better, Scraped, Sorry vocals, etc came between Zutaut being fired (locker leak) and Chinese releasing. What could've been if he had just put out a follow up in 2010/2011, put songs like Hard School and Perhaps in the set when he still had his voice.  Now we're getting pieced together versions of stuff hes had sitting on the shelf for 2 decades.  Wasted talent. Wasted opportunity to do these songs justice live.

26 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Honestly I love coma in the encore.  It's one of their best songs and should be treated as such.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Seeing that some folks expected Perhaps: not that I wouldn’t wish it to the concert goers, but this is not 1991, and hearing it live first wouldn’t do the song any good. Granted the chorus’ raspy part will probably be taken over by Melissa and Duff, and the second part has the clean voice anyway... but it still should be released first and only then done live imo. 

• Like 2