07/16/23 - Bucharest, RO - National Arena

downzy

55 minutes ago, Heider95 said:

I listened to a video of Sorry on Instagram with full baritone played last night..goose bumps. Then he switched in the chorus and he just disappeared 

He really needs to find a solution for that.

The weak falsetto should not be an option.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, JimiRose said:

Just listened to Sorry. My word Slash is awful on this song. It's like he's playing a completely different song. He's out of time on chord changes, he comes in too late on the solo and finishes it late, noodles badly. Let 4tus play it. It's almost like slash wants people to think this song is shite. he ruins it. People can talk about axls weak falsetto. Not much we can do about that. Slash could at least learn the solo

Maybe Slash is trying to sabotage it because he thinks that the lyrics are about him (I know - Axl said it wasn't about anyone in particular). 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, JimiRose said:

Just listened to Sorry. My word Slash is awful on this song. It's like he's playing a completely different song. He's out of time on chord changes, he comes in too late on the solo and finishes it late, noodles badly. Let 4tus play it. It's almost like slash wants people to think this song is shite. he ruins it. People can talk about axls weak falsetto. Not much we can do about that. Slash could at least learn the solo

That was bad but he did much better on Sorry before. I think it was on the Selects Brasil where he played a superb solo for that song.

On 7/17/2023 at 1:46 AM, Amir said:

You were right, it does! Both the front logo and the back design. I tried to take a photo but, well, it was too dark :P 

Hm, could've sworn the front logo glowed as well but looking agains seems it's just the back design.

On 7/17/2023 at 4:52 AM, reayj2003 said:

Just at the airport headed back to UK. Thought it was a great gig. I was front centre on the rail and it sounded very good from there. The mix was very strong.

The small stage actually gave a great experience close up as the big three were all close to each other. 

They are using the in-house sound for the last shows so if the mix wasn’t great further back that could be why. 

Axl wasn’t as chatty as Hyde Park but seemed in a business like mood. Great setlist. He had a guest at the side of stage.

one memorable moment was one of the little kids was watching from the side and waved at him and cheers looked so happy as he waved back. 

I also attended both the Bucharest and the Hyde Park show. I thought Bucharest was a better performance - do you agree?

The sound was a lot better in London and Axl, I thought, was higher in the mix there, but that does them no favours! :lol:

Edited by GivenToFly

On 7/16/2023 at 10:35 PM, elektra_reghaired said:

However, it is really weird that people from the fan pit, with GC tickets, react that they are listening this for the first time in their lives. I was the only one singing this and everybody was watching me like I am insane.

Based on my past experiences (not that many, admittedly) and confirmed by my cousin who lives in Romania and goes to a lot of shows, crowds in Romania are always awful.

1 hour ago, GivenToFly said:

I should have checked the forum before the show. I would have come say hello.

I actually thought of you while I was there, wasn't sure if you were still in the UK or back in Romania!

On 7/17/2023 at 10:48 AM, JimiRose said:

Many singers live on tracks use effects, distortion, etc. Why doesn Axl do that for some songs to add some grit to his voice?  He only seems to use reverb? They can do wonders these days...it would certainly sound better than the jarring transition between head and chest voice...low to highs! 

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 1

Sorry sounds pretty much like It did 12 years ago....account for the better proshot mix...and yet it got far better (in years) after that, maybe things can improve again...they've improved over last two years. AXLs a really weird singer! There's probably more rhyme and reason for why he sounds like he does at any given time but we're left guessing! When's the last time he used rasp throughout a song, like his 2016 style ?

Edited by colonizedmind

2 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Sorry sounds pretty much like It did 12 years ago....account for the better proshot mix...and yet it got far better (in years) after that, maybe things can improve again...they've improved over last two years. AXLs a really weird singer! There's probably more rhyme and reason for why he sounds like he does at any given time but we're left guessing! When's the last time he used rasp throughout a song, like his 2016 style ?

This sounds waaaaay better than now.   I wish Axl still sounded like this, and the back up vocals were as good as stinson, and the solo is much better. This was probably axls worst vocal performance in the whole 2009-2011 period and it still sounds brilliant compared to today. DJ nails it

Edited by JimiRose

Just now, JimiRose said:

This sounds waaaaay better than now.   I wish Axl still sounded like this, and the back up vocals were as good as stinson, and the solo is much better. This was probably axls worst vocal performance in the whole 2009-2011 period and it still sounds brilliant compared to today. 

The latter half is ok but the first bit sounds about the same, taking into account it's proshot/better mixing than camera phones and Axl lack of power...of course it's better...buy I don't think there's the drastic difference that you'd expect in 12 years! 

4 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

The latter half is ok but the first bit sounds about the same, taking into account it's proshot/better mixing than camera phones and Axl lack of power...of course it's better...buy I don't think there's the drastic difference that you'd expect in 12 years! 

This is a fairer comparison of the era. He sounds like god. That pre chorus rasp and holding those screams

Edited by JimiRose
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Literally me watching this:

Screenshot 2023-07-19 at 17.23.52.png

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

This is a fairer comparison of the era. He sounds like god. That pre chorus rasp and holding those screams

Of course...I remember him absolutely killing "Sorry" at the o2 in 2010 and going wild front row! Memory serves that even the mainstream press that were pretty dismissive of Chinese, said it was "lost gem" that cut through an "LP that lacked them" to paraphrase. If we wanna get technical, he does actually hold the big note longer in 2023 than he did in the 2011 link....no comparison to shows, like that Moscow one in 2010 etc...