07/08/23 - Rome, IT - Circo Massimo

downzy

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Credit where it's due, Axl looks and sounds the best he has since at least 2017. The backwards cap always looks ridiculous though :lol:

Well, it’s better than at the side.  

59 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Axl dedicated kohd and ptu to Berlusconi. For ptu he also mentioned his "bunga bunga party's". Before kohd he mispronounced his name on purpose. Don't know what that was supposed mean.

Is this really what people were having an aneurysm about? He made a joke about a dead guy's sex parties and then sarcastically dedicated KOHD to said dead guy, without even bothering to say his name right.

This is the least serious thing ever. People jump to conclusions like crazy on here 

Edited by meadsoap
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, meadsoap said:

Is this really what people were having an aneurysm about? He made a joke about a dead guys's sex parties and then sarcastically dedicated KOHD to said dead guy, without even bothering to say his name right.

This is the least serious thing ever. People jump to conclusion like crazy on here.

Yep.

thanks for the clarification.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Oxford said:

See, just when you thought it was all going to shit with the venue, it turns into something epic. Isn’t that always the way.  Well sometimes anyway.

It could have been much Better if they had played at Stadio Olimpico

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, meadsoap said:

Is this really what people were having an aneurysm about? He made a joke about a dead guy's sex parties and then sarcastically dedicated KOHD to said dead guy, without even bothering to say his name right.

This is the least serious thing ever. People jump to conclusion like crazy on here 

Why do you think the KOHD dedication was sarcastic? Did you hear it?

8 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

To me it sounded kinda sarcastic cause he mispronounced his name and then was like "that's how you say it, right?" Or something to that effect. 

To me it sounded like he literally wasn't sure about the pronunciation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

To me it sounded kinda sarcastic cause he mispronounced his name and then was like "that's how you say it, right?" Or something to that effect. 

This is exactly what I was thinking as well.

Either Axl genuinely doesn't know his name properly (which indicates he barely knows anything about the guy). OR he knows his name perfectly well and decided to purposely mispronounce it (which would be a blatant show of disrespect). Either way, I don't know why someone would believe Axl's a Berlusconi fan from this clip.

Edited by meadsoap
grammar

32 minutes ago, meadsoap said:

He looks good here. But I still think Axl dresses so much better off the stage than on the stage. 

I feel like the way he dressed when he made guest appearances at Carrie Underwood's shows was pretty cool.

The man looks pretty good in a suit jacket/suit vest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, BucketEgg said:

https://www.facebook.com/kelly.mendez.9083/videos/630843878996989

48:08

"we dedicate another song, to Silvio, o, Bersculoni. I got that right? We dedicate this song."

Haven't seen the Pretty-Tied up dedication from the livestreams yet, maybe someone will upload parts of the concert later and we can hear it.

i don't know much about the berlusconi guy, but based on what other people in the thread are saying, about sex parties, and a seventeen year old, i think pretty-tied up isn't a very good dedication song. axl can riff on a dead dude all he wants, but those sex parties must've involved people, who i assume are still alive, and pretty-tied up is a song focusing a lot on the girl. i haven't heard the dedication yet, but based on the lyrics of pretty tied up, if that dedication was a joke, i think it's poorly landed one. even though it's supposed to be aimed at silvio's "bunga bunga party", the lyrics of the song makes the girl the subject instead.

Edited by BucketEgg
  • Like 1

Anyway, I think Axl can talk and joke about anything he wants, be it politics or whatever else, and make dedications to whoever he wants. I also think that everyone can have an opinion about what he says. In this case, my opinion is that it was unfortunate. (I read somewhere that when he dedicated PTU he called Berlusconi "the pearl of Italy's decadence". That would admittedly be a clever joke, but still unfortunate). But it's not the first time that Axl or GN'R have said something unfortunate, so...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Twinaleblood said:

It worth pointing out that "culo" = "ass" in Italian. So if he pronounced Bersculoni only the second time, might be on purpose.

I think he didn't mispronounce it, he just really wasn't sure if he said it correctly.  But anyway...

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I think he didn't mispronounce it, he just really wasn't sure if he said it correctly.  But anyway...

And you have actually heard it, while I didn't (I wasn't at the show and I haven't seen the video), so if you think it sounded just like he wasn't really sure it's most likely that.

Edited by Twinaleblood
  • Like 1

I don't know what everyone else thinks, but I think Axl's mid-range is shot, however I think that he can still really belt out some good high notes. I bet losing some of that weight has really paid dividends in that area. His high notes on There was a Time gave me goosebumps and seriously put such a smile on my face. I really hope that they bust this song out when they come to my show in Florida.

It's also worth noting that just yesterday, Politico put out a story about the mansion Berlusconi hosted his sex parties in (https://www.politico.eu/article/the-berlusconi-bunga-bunga-museum-would-join-list-of-oddest-tourist-attractions/), saying that some people wanted to make it into a "Bunga Bunga Museum".

I would bet anything that this news story is where Axl got the idea for the joke in the first place. It would also explain why Axl knew about the parties, despite not knowing other basics like how to pronounce the man's name (if he didn't purposely get it wrong the second time).

Edited by meadsoap
  • Like 1