07/08/23 - Rome, IT - Circo Massimo

downzy

1 hour ago, Popcorn crew said:

Just few more impressions.

I was at back and sound was breaking, delaying but when I get upfront it was great. 

Crowd was all im gnr merch yet still knew 3,4 songs. 

That's outdoor gigs for you

Edited by DSTK

13 hours ago, gavgnr said:

So wish they’d have done TWAT and/or prostitute at Hyde Park. Not seen them live

They did Prostitute in Copenhagen, while it's a great song it didn't fit well as an encore song and Axl was struggling with the vocals. Unfortunately 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Axl confirmed the opening lyrics to double talkin jive as a true event. Always thought it was a bit of a myth, but body parts were found in the garbage at the recording studio.

"Someone was at the wrong place at the wrong time"

That incident is mentioned in the band members autobiographies. Can't remember which, or if it's in all of them. If memory serves it was Izzy that saw the police investigating in the alley near the studio. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Personally enjoyed Slash's solo here....thought it had good moments!

Ashba's take on it was better, Axl sounded good on the second half of TWAT...Slash butchered it again, just play what Robin and bucket did

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Personally enjoyed Slash's solo here....thought it had good moments!

There might be something here that could be refined. But the repeated flat bends up the neck is not exactly my taste. Why can't he just do a traditional Slash solo on this song, it's not a difficult song to play over and he is stumbling through, teetering on the edge of falling out out of key with each note. I also despise that he plays right past the end of Axls vocal... Give it a rest!

It's personal taste of course... But if this was a new song and this was the recorded solo, less forgiving people would be giving Slash a real hard time. 

The original solo buys and sells this about 1000 times over.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

There might be something here that could be refined. But the repeated flat bends up the neck is not exactly my taste. Why can't he just do a traditional Slash solo on this song, it's not a difficult song to play over and he is stumbling through, teetering on the edge of falling out out of key with each note. I also despise that he plays right past the end of Axls vocal... Give it a rest!

It's personal taste of course... But if this was a new song and this was the recorded solo, less forgiving people would be giving Slash a real hard time. 

The original solo buys and sells this about 1000 times over.

Exactly, what his doing is going nowhere and he is out of key…the biggest WTF Slash????

Ashba played it 100000 times better, it is what it is guys

• Like 1