Least favorite song on each album? πŸ€”πŸ˜‘ Choose only one.

1 hour ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

"i don't like the n-word"

"you're a snowflake"

Β 

it's a great song nonetheless, despite its flaws

That's why the n-word remains such a trigger. Because we continue to put emphasis on it and give it more value than it deserves.

I'm indifferent to the word n-word in that context. It's irrelevant to me. Like calling someone a jerk or an idiot. Or a chink. Who cares? I'm small time white boy myself. Mexicans might even call me a gringo at first glance. Don't give a shit.Β 

I wouldn't call a black person the n-word if I felt that it would offend them. But I have zero problem with Axl using that word in that particular context.Β I think that people who make a big fuss out of it pretty much represent everything that is wrong with being "woke".

Β 

Edit: I wrote ni***r in my original post and it changed to 'hooray for tolerance'... Cracked me up.Β Β :lol:Β But funnily enough there's no substitute for chink or gringo.. Woke in a nutshell.

Edited by Sisyphus

To everybody saying ONE IN A MILLION, you're just forcing too much to be woke and politically correct.

The song is great, the lyrics have meaning, you may like it or not.

Axl did explained this was a hick's point of view in big city. Was he mistaken? Of course? Was that in bad taste? Sure. You've never said, made a joke, or tought that, right?

But why nobody picks on Patti Smith for "Rock N' Roll hooray for tolerance!"? Or Marilyn Mason singing "everybody's someone else's hooray for tolerance!", or even "haters call me bitch, call me hooray for tolerance!"Β or β€œWhite Noise” by Stiff Little Fingers, or β€œWhite Punks on Hope” by Crass, or β€œHoliday in Cambodia” by Dead Kennedys, or Dire Straits hit "Money for Nothing", Katy Perry "Ur So Gay", Taylor Swift in "Picture to Burn", Michael Jackson with "They Don't Care About Us", Green Day's "American Idiot", Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds with "Henry's Dream", Korn with "Faget"?

Woke hypocrites.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Legendador said:

To everybody saying ONE IN A MILLION, you're just forcing too much to be woke and politically correct.

The song is great, the lyrics have meaning, you may like it or not.

Axl did explained this was a hick's point of view in big city. Was he mistaken? Of course? Was that in bad taste? Sure. You've never said, made a joke, or tought that, right?

But why nobody picks on Patti Smith for "Rock N' Roll hooray for tolerance!"? Or Marilyn Mason singing "everybody's someone else's hooray for tolerance!", or even "haters call me bitch, call me hooray for tolerance!"Β or β€œWhite Noise” by Stiff Little Fingers, or β€œWhite Punks on Hope” by Crass, or β€œHoliday in Cambodia” by Dead Kennedys, or Dire Straits hit "Money for Nothing", Katy Perry "Ur So Gay", Taylor Swift in "Picture to Burn", Michael Jackson with "They Don't Care About Us", Green Day's "American Idiot", Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds with "Henry's Dream", Korn with "Faget"?

Woke hypocrites.

Music is subjective, if you like the song fair enough, I do think the solo is great tbf. But to assume that everyone who picked that song as the one they like least off Lies means what you think it does is a huge sweeping assumption.

I prefer the other songs off lies more, this doesn't mean i'm striving to be some virtuas pollicially correct person at all.

Nobody brought up the other songs you mentioned because this is a Guns N' Roses forum and a thread about which Guns N' Roses song you like the least from each album/EP. I do like that Patti Smith song alot, always reminds me of Natural Born Killers.

Β 

1 hour ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Music is subjective, if you like the song fair enough, I do think the solo is great tbf. But to assume that everyone who picked that song as the one they like least off Lies means what you think it does is a huge sweeping assumption.

I prefer the other songs off lies more, this doesn't mean i'm striving to be some virtuas pollicially correct person at all.

Nobody brought up the other songs you mentioned because this is a Guns N' Roses forum and a thread about which Guns N' Roses song you like the least from each album/EP. I do like that Patti Smith song alot, always reminds me of Natural Born Killers.

Β 

It's subjective, but no one here talked about that before cancel culture and wokeness, that's my point.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

One in a million has been talked about since the song got released. And that's before idiots came up with the word "woke"

Not the fans!

1 hour ago, downzy said:

LOL...

So great when the anti-woke brigade believe that any of this is new.

Β 

Well, it just proves that the example of Dee Snider is not wokeness, but common sense! "Woke" is something else completely different and a current shitty event.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Legendador said:

It's subjective, but no one here talked about that before cancel culture and wokeness, that's my point.

Yes they did. It's been talked about on forums for years. Even ones like Newgnr that shut down way before the term woke became common parlance

1 hour ago, downzy said:

LOL...

So great when the anti-woke brigade believe that any of this is new.

Β 

Just watched the full hearing on YT, what an incredible watch. He handled that without a single fault or flinch to their accusations whilst remaining completely calm and respectful. Wish we could see more artists do thisΒ 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, downzy said:

No, it proves you have no idea what you're talking about by associating every opinion you don't like as being "woke."

It's become nothing more than the sad cries of the angry white man.Β  No one who even subscribes to being woke would call themselves woke.Β  The only people who continue to use the term are largely those who were against what it originally meant in the first place.Β Β 

Excactly this. It's a very large umbrella, under which someone can place anything they do not agree with/like

9 hours ago, Sisyphus said:

Snowflakes disliking One In A Million because Axl used a word...Β  One In A Million is awesome through and through.Β 

Anything Goes (but I would prefer to keep Anything Goes and replace You're Crazy with Shadow Of Your Love because You're Crazy acoustic is just so much better)
Mama Kin (mainly because I think it's un unecessary cover)
Bad Apples (probably)
My World (I still love it though)
I Don't Care About You (the verses don't do much for me)
Scraped (why did they have to do that?)

Maybe it's just not a great song besides? Not to say it doesn't have parts that are cool.

3 minutes ago, Β©GnrPersia said:

Could you explain the reason why Estranged is in that list?Β :facepalm:

Because I clearly misread the title of the thread, and thought it said "favorite" instead of "least"Β  haha.

Edited by Nintari
  • Haha 4

17 hours ago, downzy said:

No, it proves you have no idea what you're talking about by associating every opinion you don't like as being "woke."

It's become nothing more than the sad cries of the angry white man.Β  No one who even subscribes to being woke would call themselves woke.Β  The only people who continue to use the term are largely those who were against what it originally meant in the first place.Β Β 

Sure! You're allowed to disagree, so am I.

As I said before the "majority" of opinions, not all opinions.

18 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Yes they did. It's been talked about on forums for years. Even ones like Newgnr that shut down way before the term woke became common parlance

Ok.

18 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

How do you know? Have you heard the conversations among fans in 89 or what makes you think it wasn't talked about back then?

From my perspective people never talked about the song (maybe because english was not our main language).

What I've experienced was reading (maybe 89 / 90) that GNR was dropped from the bill of a AIDs Foundation Festival (Sponsored by David Geffen if I'm not mistaken).

"One in a Million" is not in the boxset, but is still featured in current LIES copies, and also on YouTube, which seems odd since the band is quick to take down videos.

Here in Brazil people/fans only started talking/posting how bad the lyrics of the song where after the cancel culture started.

This is my perspective...