06/24/23 - Pilton, GB - Glastonbury Festival **TIMES & STREAM INFO IN FIRST POST**

alfierose

35 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

It’s more the fact that the lazy perception/journalism in UK rolls out the age old tropes of ‘will they be on time…..will Axl have a rant’ etc which is annoying. A great performance to shut them up would be awesome.

Knowing those fuckers....it'll be, the voice wasn't there...the performance was so lacklustre that a rant and a bit of drama would of been a welcome relief...at least one of them will spin it like that. Not happy when it's there...probably moaning when it's not! Criticism sells. Don't forget. 

36 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

I feel your anxiety....but why not look at it this way...does a good show, gets half decent reviews, releases new single....goes into Glasgow on a high and continued energy and vigour....that could happen too! He can push it tonight without going crazy..there will be stuff that won't sound great tonight but if the start and some of the rest if decent, we can be fairly satisfied, I think! A full Kiss set does NOT sound good. A full Motley set does NOT sound good....a full Brian Johnson AC/DC set does NOT sound good...we could go on...

True. Ultimately if they do well on NR/SCOM then from a highlights perspective that’s what will get the attention…that’s what the crowd will want anyways. Almost no-one will be shouting for The General! 🤣

Arctic Monkeys having a horror show (according to social media and based on what I saw) will probably be the big takeaway from the festival…not any potential iffy performance by a 60 year old rock singer.

Edited by DTJ80

1 minute ago, DTJ80 said:

True. Ultimately if they do well on NR/SCOM then from a highlights perspective that’s what will get the attention.

Arctic Monkeys having a horror show (according to social media and based on what I saw) will probably be the big takeaway from the festival…not any potential iffy performance by a 60 year old rock singer.

I saw AM at TRNSMT 5 years ago and It was a far better show than last night. Yes, they've changed and he was clearly still a bit ill, so somewhat understandable....but now GNR need to up the energy and bring it....it's not like they're following "that amazing opening night performance..." could be a good thing.

35 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Anyone trying to watch via phone? I'm using VPN but fucking BBC still doesn't allow me to watch

Are you all trying to watch via BBC iPlayer? Here's a guide to watching.

https://www.techradar.com/how-to/how-to-watch-glastonbury-2023-live-stream

BUT...I think this advice might only apply to Brits abroad because iPlayer is linked to your TV Licence which if you are not a British citizen (or refuse to have one) means it's probably not going to work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

Same also saw them on the Sunday, amazing show. AM didn't just make AM2 and I repect that. 

From the audience singing last night they clearly had a good time, just armchair reviewers weighing in. 

However if this is the reaction that the beloved Arctic Monkeys are getting, will be interesting to see how GNR who have much less good will with the press will be assessed. 

I was listening to the Paul McCartney audio from last glasto and the mix was very forgiving to his voice, hopefully the same will apply for GNR. 

Agreed 100%. I know that people watching at home are complaining but it didn't look like the crowd themselves hates being there, especially for the "big hits". I do think that perhaps approaching Glasto (or any festival for that matter) requires a different approach to playing your own shows. That being said, the fact that they started their Glasto headlining performance with Sculptures of Anything Goes was shithousery at its finest. 

Agreed too on the mixing point. I saw Macca a few years ago (2009 - wow; time flies) and his vocals were ropey then so whoever is on the mixing desk is performing miracles. Let's hope for something similar tonight (although I'm out at Weyes Blood so will need to catch up anyway). 

2 minutes ago, bucketmaster101 said:

Agreed 100%. I know that people watching at home are complaining but it didn't look like the crowd themselves hates being there, especially for the "big hits". I do think that perhaps approaching Glasto (or any festival for that matter) requires a different approach to playing your own shows. That being said, the fact that they started their Glasto headlining performance with Sculptures of Anything Goes was shithousery at its finest. 

Agreed too on the mixing point. I saw Macca a few years ago (2009 - wow; time flies) and his vocals were ropey then so whoever is on the mixing desk is performing miracles. Let's hope for something similar tonight (although I'm out at Weyes Blood so will need to catch up anyway). 

If GNR open with this I’d be over the moon! 🤣

Edited by DTJ80
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, We love Axl Rose said:

Will 10GB last for the full GN'R set? :lol:

Does anyone have much of an idea of how long they will play? How long have their sets been in terms of hours and minutes during this tour because they are scheduled for 9.30-11.45.  Is there a midnight curfew for the Pyramid stage? 2 hours and 15 mins seems shorter than a usual set but by only a few minutes.

35 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

I put my fantasy set list up a few posts back and heard a few others. I'd be interested in what you would want to hear from tonight....it can realistic with a stab of dreams If you wish 🙂

Ok,since you asked me! 

I'm going for realistic rather than what I'd personally want (which would be very Chinese heavy and no SCOM!) 

Stuck to your structure too, with the number of tracks and the acoustic section. 

1. Jungle
2. Chinese Democracy 
3. Out Ta Get Me
4. Bad Obsession
5. Double Talkin Jive
6. LALD
7. It's So Easy
8. My Michelle 
9. Estranged 
10. There Was A Time
11. So Fine (Duff)
12. Anything Goes
13. Reckless Life
14. Shadow Of Your Love
15. November Rain
16. KOHD

Acoustic section 

17. Don't Cry1

18. Used To Love Her

19. Patience

Back to full band

20. Down On The Farm
21. Rocket Queen
22. Hard Skool 
23. Absurd
24. Shotgun Blues
25. Night Train

Encore
26. Madagascar
27. Yesterdays
28. SCOM 
29. The Seeker
30. Paradise City

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bjarne said:

Just tried vpn super Unlimited proxy and used location london5…. Had to sign up on bbc with a British postal code and found one in a Google search…. Its working for me in Denmark 

Well done. I didn't think it would work.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Let's play the fantasy set list game. What would yours be tonight? Based a little in reality of what could happen in an ideal world. It's likely to be close to what we've been getting but just a bit of fun...

Dream set list....(26-32 songs set)

1. Down On The Farm
2. Easy
3. Jungle 
4. Bad Obsession
5. Don't Damn Me
6. LALD (w McCartney)
7. Pretty Tied Up
8. My Michelle 
9. Estranged 
10. Double Talking Jive
11. Dust N Bones (with Duff)
12. Slither
13. Anything Goes
14. Bad Apples
15. Shadow 
16. November Rain (w Elton)

Acoustic set.
17. You're Crazy (Slow)
18. Used To Love Her
19. Patience

20. Sweet Child
21. Heavens Door (Old Skool version)
22. IRS 
23. Civil War
24. Chinese Democracy
25. Night Train

Encore
26. Brownstone
27. Nice Boys 
28. Rocket Queen (Album version)
29. Don't Cry
30. Paradise (w Dave Grohl & Freese)

Yeah! That setlist would be awesome 👌🏼🔥

Interesting what people were saying about there not being much attention paid to GNR headlining.....

My parents watch Glastonbury every year and I just spoke with them- "so it's Arctic Monkeys headlining and Elton John of course, but who is the other one?" 

They had absolutely no idea GNR were on, despite them having an obsessed son banging on about them since he was a kid in the 80s! 

I do wonder how much GNRs less than slick relationship with the media might be coming into play there. Anyone that's spent any time working in media will absolutely know it's alway a case of 'you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours'.....

3 minutes ago, marinergtfc said:

I think Patience will be the defining song of the set tonight.

A bit like Tender was for Blur, Irreplaceable was for Beyoncé, Seventeen going under for Sam Fender - a good ol sing song that really gets the crowd up.

SCOM surely? A lot of the crowd won't know Patience I don't think.....

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Interesting what people were saying about there not being much attention paid to GNR headlining.....

My parents watch Glastonbury every year and I just spoke with them- "so it's Arctic Monkeys headlining and Elton John of course, but who is the other one?" 

They had absolutely no idea GNR were on, despite them having an obsessed son banging on about them since he was a kid in the 80s! 

I do wonder how much GNRs less than slick relationship with the media might be coming into play there. Anyone that's spent any time working in media will absolutely know it's alway a case of 'you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours'.....

Lol, yup good shout!

I’m just thinking of ‘patience…yeah yeah’ outro with the whole crowd singing along, even after the songs finished.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

This is a good point. I know Slash does a fair bit of publicity and Duff too but Axl virtually nil (that anyone will have heard of) since the reunion. Let's face it the lead singer is the 'face' of any band in the vast majority of cases.

A media blitz in the weeks running up to this probably would have made a difference to reception (but could have backfired too I suppose).

Axl does his own thing though so it is what it is.

• Like 1

Just now, allwaystired said:

I found a Sun newspaper at work last night (would never buy that trash) but I had a quick look at the middle part where they have music gossip and it was all about Elton John, Arctic Monkeys, Lana Del Rey and Lizzo and some artists on the smaller stages - they never mentioned GnR at all. So weird when they are main stage headliner. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1