Complaints, complaints, complaints!

Lack of new music. Lack of interviews. Lack of An Axl book where he gives his side of things. The first two are more likely than the last to happen.

Oh and all the documentary footage sat in the vault still being unreleased. If you gave all that to someone and they threw a Netflix Documentary together which came out just before a new record the promotion it would give the album could be huge

20 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

My biggest complaint is the fanbase always complaining

So it doesn’t bother you in the slightest that our fave band has had at least a full album worth of music ready for release for at least 10 years?

1 hour ago, gavgnr said:

Ok, so we know this criticism has been levelled at us in the past. Out of all the gripes we have, what’s your main beef with this band?

For me, it’s lack of new music.

How about you folks?

Beef? I can't have a beef with them. I wish they would release more music though,that would have been cool. 

• Like 1

Aside from the one obvious thing.. It wouldn't be the lack of communication, it has never been more clear what the message is, things happen for a reason, at this point, things should only get worse and linger on like the longest fart. Cat is out the bag, it's a lose lose situation if they decided to release an album with the current lineup, for a lack of better word, it is lacking something oh so needed that seems to have left the band since the closest incarnation of this lineup disbanded. Doing my lil axe impression, he's smart enough to just dance around the truth, and gravy biceps gets filled through touring.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WendiRosei said:

They are all alive! :heart: and post on YT, Twitter & Instagram,  and they are touring soon. Isn't that enough for a fan though?

I support them all being alive, it's great, but I'm a fan of the music first so I want more of it, it's pretty standard stuff.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gibson87 said:

The wasted potential. If not for the substance abuse and infighting, this band could have put out some incredible music after UYI. It's the same story with the '99-'02 lineup- they were so talented but only managed to get one album out 6 years after the lineup dissolved. I think something that will always haunt the band's legacy is what could have been. 

Crazy how they managed to release a double album back then cuz of too much material to zero for almost 2 decades except 2 already written songs. Would have been ok if we all live forever but it is sad. Like you said- wasted potential.

18 minutes ago, WendiRosei said:

They are all alive! :heart: and post on YT, Twitter & Instagram,  and they are touring soon. Isn't that enough for a fan though?

What? No. Why would social media posts be enough for a music fan?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

So it doesn’t bother you in the slightest that our fave band has had at least a full album worth of music ready for release for at least 10 years?

I didn't say it doesn't bother me, of course it's a shame.

But...

Being a fan of GN'R isn't a tax, it isn't a law. I don't have to be here. If it got to the point where it bothered me that much, I'd go elsewhere. I already like other bands, listen to other bands, and go and see other bands. As a fan, it's my choice to follow, engage, and listen – the band doesn't owe me anything for my own choices. If someone chooses to be a fan of something and then shits on it constantly, that's more fool them as far as I'm concerned 🤷‍♂️

Plus, personally – and on a somewhat different point – I kind of like the mystery of it all. They're not some cookie-cutter corporate entity that does things to a set, predictable timeline (insert dull setlist joke here). That mystery is fun for me, and makes the one occasion every few years when they do something big all the more interesting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DoMw94 said:

Plus, personally – and on a somewhat different point – I kind of like the mystery of it all. They're not some cookie-cutter corporate entity that does things to a set, predictable timeline (insert dull setlist joke here). That mystery is fun for me, and makes the one occasion every few years when they do something big all the more interesting.

Personally, to me, that "mystery" thing got old on October 2nd, 2011. That's when I said fuck it :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DoMw94 said:

I didn't say it doesn't bother me, of course it's a shame.

But...

Being a fan of GN'R isn't a tax, it isn't a law. I don't have to be  have to be here.  If it got to the point where it bothered me that much, I'd go elsewhere. 

the band doesn't owe me anything for my own choices. If someone chooses to be a fan of something and then shits on it constantly, that's more fool them as far as I'm concerned 🤷‍♂️

Plus, personally – and on a somewhat different point – I kind of like the mystery of it all. 

All of this , & concerning your last point.  I get it.@DoMw94

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

Personally, to me, that "mystery" thing got old on October 2nd, 2011. That's when I said fuck it :lol:

Ha! I can certainly see and respect that. Whenever the silence gets too much, I have other bands to scratch the itch, but I still enjoy keeping an eye on the Guns N' Roses mystery from arms length at least.

I mean, I'm arguably a bigger fan of Aerosmith or SMKC, but this is the only music forum I'm in. The constant "what ifs" make it too hard to not keep tabs on 😂

8 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

Ha! I can certainly see and respect that. Whenever the silence gets too much, I have other bands to scratch the itch, but I still enjoy keeping an eye on the Guns N' Roses mystery from arms length at least.

I mean, I'm arguably a bigger fan of Aerosmith or SMKC, but this is the only music forum I'm in. The constant "what ifs" make it too hard to not keep tabs on 😂

I barely listen to GnR at this point. I sometimes listen to a few tracks off UYI or CD, but I'm completely fed up with AFD at this point. And I don't even consider going to see GnR live, even where I live, 'cause I've seen these songs live like a million times. My music taste has changed a lot since I was a big time GnR fan, but I remain posting here as the community is great and it's very active. The My World section is really cool.

16 minutes ago, Nintari said:

That they're so far past their prime that--aside from Duff--they've become caricatures of themselves.

as opposed to other bands that forever stay at their prime? can't really fault Gn'R for getting older

30 minutes ago, Billy Cundy said:

Never once managed to pull together a true full-5 reunion in spite of everyone still being alive.

I don't think Axl is interested in a full reunion, he said as much in one of the interviews he gave before Slash and Duff rejoined Gn'R so it's not a matter of managing to pull it off imo.

• Like 1