Complaints, complaints, complaints!

59 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I don't think Axl is interested in a full reunion, he said as much in one of the interviews he gave before Slash and Duff rejoined Gn'R so it's not a matter of managing to pull it off imo.

They had Steven on tour with them in 2016, but completely fumbled the negotiations with Izzy. It was totally on the cards, and totally attempted. And not pulled off.

• Like 1

other than no new music my "complaints" are:

not having the AFD5 on stage together again (even for 1 show, and yes I'd pay for it via pay per view or whatever)

3 hour setlist.  cut out the covers and make the show closer to 2 hours.  quantity doesn't always equal quality 

same set list FOR YEARS.  

and lastly, which is my biggest complaint- band management treating the fans like they are annoying brats.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Billy Cundy said:

They had Steven on tour with them in 2016, but completely fumbled the negotiations with Izzy. It was totally on the cards, and totally attempted. And not pulled off.

they had Steven as a guest for a couple of tunes and nothing since then. I wonder why that is. When you try to make a deal and you don't see the value so you don't want to pay the fee, that is not called fumbling it. It seems Axl was just not interested in paying Izzy his asking price.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Cause he had to cry to the press afterwards. And I don't think Axl liked that very much 

Axl also talked about Steven's mom and how she likes to take people to court as a hobby. Maybe that also has something to do with it. Always got the feeling Axl doesn't want to deal with Steven's bullshit. 

having said that, I'd like him to join in the fun in the future, he sounded good behind the kit on OTGM and My Michelle imo.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Lack of new music. Lack of interviews. Lack of An Axl book where he gives his side of things. The first two are more likely than the last to happen.

Oh and all the documentary footage sat in the vault still being unreleased. If you gave all that to someone and they threw a Netflix Documentary together which came out just before a new record the promotion it would give the album could be huge

I'd sell my (dead, but still) grandma for that Netflix documentary. GIVE IT TO US 

I suppose it's how underwhelming the partial reunion has turned out. I got to see Axl, Slash & Duff a few times and that's something I never really expected to happen - so from the POV, I'm super happy, but after the initial wow factor and novelty, it kinda just fell flat. Axl can't sing. Slash is just going through the motions. Two singles that sound worse than the demos. And no 'new' music. I guess the band is creatively bankrupt as GNR and clearly there is no desire to release music - otherwise they would. Nothing is preventing the band from releasing music anymore. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, invisible_rose said:

I suppose it's how underwhelming the partial reunion has turned out. I got to see Axl, Slash & Duff a few times and that's something I never really expected to happen - so from the POV, I'm super happy, but after the initial wow factor and novelty, it kinda just fell flat. Axl can't sing. Slash is just going through the motions. Two singles that sound worse than the demos. And no 'new' music. I guess the band is creatively bankrupt as GNR and clearly there is no desire to release music - otherwise they would. Nothing is preventing the band from releasing music anymore. 

You're right 

• Like 2

Its just disappointing to see a band that was so ambitious and balls out in their prime coast for a decade plus now and rest on their laurels. They're a band that made a hard edged, darker debut than all the glam bands at the time.

They put 100% into their live shows, and were ambitious enough to make their follow-up to AFD 2 albums with different sounds and styles. They spent money making ambitious videos to promote the UYI albums that have withstood the test of time.

None of that is represented by the current band who's sole purpose is touring to make huge sums of money. There's nothing resembling a creative drive like other bands who've been around as long if not longer and the years going by only magnify it.

Edited by mystery

7 hours ago, Billy Cundy said:

Never once managed to pull together a true full-5 reunion in spite of everyone still being alive.

Never say never. Seven or eight years ago it seemed impossible that Axl n Slash could mend fences let alone play together again. It happened. Axl used to have a real problem with Steven and he seemed even more unlikely. But he's guested at a few shows. If Izzy felt like he was getting a good offer for a one off or limited run of shows it could happen.

• Thanks 1

No complaints. But I'd really hoped that with Slash n Duff being more Axl's equals than the hired hands that they'd have pushed/motivated him to put some new music out. Two semi new songs in seven years is disappointing. At the very least we should've gotten a blu-ray/DVD and double album from the Not In This Lifetime tour.

On the positive side I got to see Guns live in Wellington NZ in 17 and 22. Seven or so years ago I never would've thought I'd see Axl n Slash share a stage again. That made me and I'm sure many others happy.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Rovim said:

they had Steven as a guest for a couple of tunes and nothing since then. I wonder why that is. When you try to make a deal and you don't see the value so you don't want to pay the fee, that is not called fumbling it. It seems Axl was just not interested in paying Izzy his asking price.

Regardless of how Axl felt about it, and how half baked the attempt was, it was still an attempt, no? 
it was a fumble sorry. 

I'm sad that i joined this community in 2017. It was cool seeing them then, and I love the band so much, but I'm aware of how much I missed by joining in this time period. They're gonna go on year 8 of touring. I want to be a part of just one album release.

Also, no Houston 2016 live release. I love that show, I want the whole thing proshot.

Edited by UseYourDemocracyIII
post went weird and doubled itself
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, janrichmond said:

To be fair I think Axl is the only one not interested in releasing new music. How many years ago did CD come out?

I've read that so often it's now a platitude, but I think in fact it's quite the opposite.

who cares about a new album in the band except Axl? the money is in the tours so
they don't have to go that road to be paid, some of them are not even songwriters
for the band, what's in it for them? nothing. maybe now Slash & Duff are interested,
for copyrights & legacy, but that's it. Axl is slow, but he recorded a lot of stuff since
the break up of the band, and he's not the kind of guy who do stuff for nothing.

6 minutes ago, DeNfr said:

Axl is slow, but he recorded a lot of stuff since
the break up of the band, and he's not the kind of guy who do stuff for nothing.

I don't consider 1 album a lot of stuff. He's recorded ideas, like the village leaks and he's done nothing with them. With the exception of Hard School and Absurd he's released fuck all.

• Like 4