Complaints, complaints, complaints!

16 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

There was never a complete album “ready to launch” outside of CD which DID launch. What there was, was a retroactive excuse, just like the pandemic being an excuse of why material could not be released. If looking for excuses why things did not happen, there’s plenty of them in GNR. But the reason why things didn’t happen fall solely on Axl. 

There may be enough material presently to fill an album but it would be an album of essentially all B sides. In other words, an album full of B and C level material. And I’m more than certain Axl is very well aware of this. I tend to believe that Axl never pulled off all the vocal recordings that he needed to complete all those tracks. Outside of the tracks overdubbed by Slash and Duff, there is nothing else in the wings that will ever see the light of day. 

Statements made by band members (including Axl) and those associated with the band who heard/possessed material have said otherwise.

The 2008 album didn't contain all of the A listed songs that were completed at the time. The follow-up was planned to be released shortly after the 2008 album. They wouldn't and didn't put all their best eggs in the first basket.

4 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

We do have ones from each era to be fair, aside from 2002. If you include the 2010 leaked one that is, South American tour. 

I still need to see that. Thank you

4 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

You haven't seen the San Juan 2010 pro shot?

I think it's pretty obvious that Axl has been sitting on at least one more albums worth of material for decades. Whether it's A, B or C list material is irrelevant since CD was such a divisive record anyway and fans will take whatever we can get. From the little we've heard, he had at least a few good tunes ready to go.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Statements made by band members (including Axl) and those associated with the band who heard/possessed material have said otherwise.

The 2008 album didn't contain all of the A listed songs that were completed at the time. The follow-up was planned to be released shortly after the 2008 album. They wouldn't and didn't put all their best eggs in the first basket.

I understand all these points and they have been accounted for in my sentiments. I have had this conversation in some capacity with some various GNR forum luminaries from the past. My “theories” also include conversations and email/Facebook exchanges I’ve had with artists. The consensus being lack of completed material. 

• Wow 1

16 minutes ago, B5Redeye said:

I’ll be in the minority on this board for sure….😂

Not enough US your dates.

That might be true if they were doing arenas with cheaper ticket prices, but how can you look at ticket sales and think they aren't touring enough? :lol:

I thought the Canadian shows might sell ok, since they haven't played here in 6 years, but the Vancouver show has barely sold... they can't downsize to an arena (Nas and Wu-Tang are playing the main arena that same night) so they're gonna discount the fuck out of those tickets by showtime.

• Like 1

I can’t complain about much other lack of new music, but at the end of the day you can’t force art. I feel like the media spooked them out of releasing more stuff after Hardskool and Absurd. 

I will say I respect the band for playing almost the entirety of Chinese Democracy and also adding a bunch of UYI songs to refreshen the set. Never thought I’d hear Axl sing Coma again, and never in a million years expect Slash to play a song like Prostitute. 

Also, say what u will about Axl’s voice, the man is still pouring his heart into every set. 

Edited by Spaghetti4twenty
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I wish they would officially release full pro shot concerts from 2001-2012

A holy grail for me is the two Joint concerts from December 2001 if any video footage of it exists.

Edited by mystery
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, smokingarthur said:

There was never a complete album “ready to launch” outside of CD which DID launch. What there was, was a retroactive excuse, just like the pandemic being an excuse of why material could not be released. If looking for excuses why things did not happen, there’s plenty of them in GNR. But the reason why things didn’t happen fall solely on Axl. 

There may be enough material presently to fill an album but it would be an album of essentially all B sides. In other words, an album full of B and C level material. And I’m more than certain Axl is very well aware of this. I tend to believe that Axl never pulled off all the vocal recordings that he needed to complete all those tracks. Outside of the tracks overdubbed by Slash and Duff, there is nothing else in the wings that will ever see the light of day. 

CD did launch...in 2008. and there was a complete version of this album in...1999.

end of my demonstration.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2023 at 1:24 PM, Rovim said:

as opposed to other bands that forever stay at their prime? can't really fault Gn'R for getting older

As opposed to a band that knows when to call it quits and stays quit. Or bands who, through no fault of their own, ended in their prime.

I'd rather have five years of genius and nothing else than five years of genius, fifteen years of mediocrity, and fifteen years of embarrassment.

But that's just me.  

Edited by Nintari
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Spaghetti4twenty said:

I can’t complain about much other lack of new music, but at the end of the day you can’t force art. I feel like the media spooked them out of releasing more stuff after Hardskool and Absurd. 

I will say I respect the band for playing almost the entirety of Chinese Democracy and also adding a bunch of UYI songs to refreshen the set. Never thought I’d hear Axl sing Coma again, and never in a million years expect Slash to play a song like Prostitute. 

Also, say what u will about Axl’s voice, the man is still pouring his heart into every set. 

The media are responsible for GNR not releasing new music?! 

That's a new one on me. 

They 'refreshen the set'! It's about as stale as a set could ever be! 

Edited by allwaystired

41 minutes ago, mystery said:

A holy grail for me is the two Joint concerts from December 2001 if any video footage of it exists.

Mine too. Did some research years back on this. Found a review on a long dead site on wayback machine where someone at the gig mentioned seeing "red blinking lights" on device's people were trying to conceal from overzealous security. The fact there's only a few pictures from those shows sort of back that up

I expect there are bootlegs of those shows that just have not been shared. People at the very least tried to record it for sure

7 hours ago, gavgnr said:

My $0.02.

All that fucking music. ALL THAT FUCKING MUSIC. Just sitting there on a hard drive in Malibu. All that fucking music that would bring joy and happiness to so many guns fans’ lives. All of it…hoarded. By Axl fucking Rose. 

My 2 cents: it’s sitting there for a good reason

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I can’t limit it to one complaint. This band has immeasurably let me down in almost every conceivable way. No new music for one. Axl went from the most insane and talented singer to a laughing stock. Age is one thing for that, yea, but he refuses to change the setlist for it or doesn’t even bother doing baritone style consistently. He refuses to adapt and thinks a whispy falsetto is what everyone wants to hear. Then you have Slash who improvises all the Chinese solos and makes a mockery of the people who worked on that album, but his tone and even some of the UYI deep cuts are noodled to death. I wouldn’t even care about any of this shit though if we ever had new music. Remember when CD was planned to be a trilogy? What about the post UYI album that got canned? What about a new album with the NITL lineup? Nope, not even started yet. I’m glad for all the people who go and enjoy the shows (and I go when it’s cheap and convenient) but this band has completely became a joke and embarassment to the entire legacy of the band. It makes me mad because everything, every era post illusions, could’ve been so, so much more. The fans deserved it and all the band members deserved it to prove how great they were. Too much time has passed now and the band has just completely fucking sold out.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 3

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

That might be true if they were doing arenas with cheaper ticket prices, but how can you look at ticket sales and think they aren't touring enough? :lol:

I thought the Canadian shows might sell ok, since they haven't played here in 6 years, but the Vancouver show has barely sold... they can't downsize to an arena (Nas and Wu-Tang are playing the main arena that same night) so they're gonna discount the fuck out of those tickets by showtime.

I’m just pissed because they haven’t made up the ATL date from when it got cancelled from Covid 😂

36 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I can’t limit it to one complaint. This band has immeasurably let me down in almost every conceivable way. No new music for one. Axl went from the most insane and talented singer to a laughing stock.

There is a real sense of squandered potential with GNR that is unlike any other huge band. It says a lot about how great what they did put out was  … but yeah. The only comparable band is maybe the Pistols whose legacy is based on one album. GNR at-least beat that… but compared to their contemporaries and their influences … Alice, VH, Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Queen, Stones… they have a tiny catalog. For all their talent, and subsequent opportunity afforded to them… not to mention the willing millions ready to part with their cash for anything they have to offer… their output is depressingly meagre. None of them died either. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Mine too. Did some research years back on this. Found a review on a long dead site on wayback machine where someone at the gig mentioned seeing "red blinking lights" on device's people were trying to conceal from overzealous security. The fact there's only a few pictures from those shows sort of back that up

I expect there are bootlegs of those shows that just have not been shared. People at the very least tried to record it for sure

The pictures are what make the show kind of legendary much like the HOB show from January 2001 that eventually leaked. Also interesting as the last time Oh My God performed live and the last time Absurd/Silkworms was performed for close to 20 years.

Ok here we go lol..

Shit band

Mainly drop in here to see if any leaks happen..

Don't care about tour dates or fan polls etc..

This band was the best 86 to 2016 (1st reunion club show only) the rest is a cash grab sh1thouse karaoke sounding show now

To many wasted inactive years..

Live with the memory of the great classic albums an them classic pro shot shows "Paris/tokyo/rio" etc.. 

Today this band is just brand, that department  stores sell their merchandise an that's it....

Do what I did... find other bands an enjoy them just  as much as GnR... especially since most actually have a lengthy discography ;) lol

Rip GnR

Happy Easter! :)

• Haha 1

I’ve never been one of the decades long complainers, but facts are facts…ol Uncle Axl needs help with his voice, whether it’s change his vocal coach or warmups or whatever it is. Or change the set list big time to lend itself towards whatever he can sing comfortably and appropriately right now. That’s my biggest beef. And it never was before. I saw them 9-11-21 in AC and he was as on fire as he can get these days. But some of the videos I’ve seen since, it’s just blah plus he looks like he’s struggling. 

• Like 1

The no 1 complaint is that they've not worked on one new song idea in the 7+ years they've been back together. 

Also, the live performance quality dipping (not just Axl)... If you insist on touring adnauseam at least keep the band sounding tight and professional. some performances have been hard to listen to. Welcome to the jungle is top of my list for 'needs improvement', Frank cut that fucking closed h-hat bullshit out, and up the tempo it sounds so flat and lifeless... How do you make Jungle lifeless????? I didn't think it was possible, besides those awful slowed down cover versions, but I was wrong!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

The no 1 complaint is that they've not worked on one new song idea in the 7+ years they've been back together. 

We don't know that for sure. They haven't released one, sure, but we don't know that they haven't worked on anything.

Meegan's muted IG posts/stories suggest that there are some.ideas being floated around in some form, otherwise why mute them?

1 hour ago, DoMw94 said:

We don't know that for sure. They haven't released one, sure, but we don't know that they haven't worked on anything.

Meegan's muted IG posts/stories suggest that there are some.ideas being floated around in some form, otherwise why mute them?

According to Slash they haven't written any new songs, they've only worked on about half a dozen CD leftovers.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, allwaystired said:

The media are responsible for GNR not releasing new music?! 

That's a new one on me. 

They 'refreshen the set'! It's about as stale as a set could ever be! 

Obviously the media isn’t solely responsible, but I’m sure Absurd being received as “wtf” by most people didn’t help. Whats more well received and generates more revenue- New music that is inevitably going to be subject to harsh criticism or to just keep running the “legacy” tour? Most ppl at these shows probably just want to hear Appetite and some of UYI anyway. 

They’ve refreshed the set the best they can without adding new music… 

locomotive, coma, soyl, reckless life, dead horse, a CD deep cut here, etc… I call that improvement if you compare it to the sets from 2010 to 2014.