Confirmation from Simpsons writer that Duff Beer is not based on Duff McKagan

2 hours ago, RnRHOFGNR said:

Would they be on the line for royalties if it was official that they named it after duff?

Nope. If duff man was a beer drinking, long blonde bass player that moved from Seattle to LA then maybe, but I don't believe that's the case

• Like 1

This is great, good sleuthing. Not sure it changes much though, we already knew 2-3 guys associated with the cartoon have previously refuted Duff's claims (and those claims were not only put forth in his book but also in a few interviews over the years, he seems pretty confident it happened). 

Anyway, I find it more likely now that Duff is wrong than that he isn't, so thanks. But I still can't rule out completely that someone associated with what would become Simpsons checked in with Duff when the series was in development, and that those who refute this don't know, can't remember, or finds it more opportune to not admit it. It is still possible. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AtlasShrugged said:

It's hardly 'insane'. Famous musician known for drinking a lot of alcohol. Not the biggest stretch that they might be connected.

It’s hard for diehard fans of a band to appreciate how huge the great wide world is and how generally, no one knows or cares who the bass player of a rock band is. Let alone what their proclivities might be. I’m not going to argue ‘how famous was Duff’, or how well known his alcohol intake was amongst the general population in 1988… but I know about 3 people in my life who know the names of every band member from classic line up GNR. And that’s after years of them being one of the biggest bands ever. 

I’ve always thought (as a massive GNR fan) it was a hilariously gigantic stretch. And now it’s confirmed 🤷 

Edited by Billy Cundy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JAxlMorrison said:

I believe Duff on this one. Simpsons writers clearly referenced GNR, even Otto was made to look like Slash. 

technically speaking, that's possible. I think I'll reserve judgement until after @Billy Cundy verifies it with Matt Groening and the entire cast and crew of The Simpsons.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JAxlMorrison said:

I believe Duff on this one. Simpsons writers clearly referenced GNR, even Otto was made to look like Slash. 

welp, all I can do is put forward my case, present evidence, and let people make their own minds up 🤷‍♂️ (and just cross my fingers you never end up serving on a jury)

my therapist is helping me work through my inability to accept that I can’t control what other people think.

but fuck her, here’s a further list of 2743 reasons and further proof as to why I think Duff beer has nothing to do with duff.. 

*deep breath* number 1

just kidding. You do you, bubba! Keep on rockin’. GNR 4eva 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JAxlMorrison said:

IMG_9313.thumb.png.1b696763a5bc95e98e82cc03d26af96d.png

If you look up the writer you can see the inspiration. Close this conspiracy thread 😂

• Like 3