Patience Live in George, WA (2017)

6 minutes ago, The Matinator said:

This was pretty cool. Mix was pretty lame but i was at this show so it was a nice little trip down memory lane.

On a side note I watched this with my GF who isn’t a GNR fan at all & her reaction to Axl was priceless. Wish I had recorded it.

what kind of a reaction was it? a shocked one? positive one? negative one? something else? :O

• Like 1

Very Good Version of Patience, sadly bad mixing.

2016 / 2017 my favourite Era. Even Paradise City sounded raspy sometimes

i wish GN'R would release a live album / film from this era.... but "GN'R" and "Release" doesn't work properly

Edited by t-p-d-a

3 hours ago, BucketEgg said:

what kind of a reaction was it? a shocked one? positive one? negative one? something else? :O

It was mixed lol. For context she’s never seen a GNR music video or anything so she was like “what’s up with Axl’s Aesthetic? It seems like he’s trying for way too many styles at once” then at the very end when he busted out the Mickey voice she was like “oh man that was rough” she didn’t hate the song though lol.

• Like 1

it just seems like they download the left/right dry from the board instead of loading the separate tracks and doing a mix. Having the money/ressources they have, that's a shame. I think I'll post a live from a live mix from my gnr tribute band when the video editing's done just to compare LOL

3 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

Very Good Version of Patience, sadly bad mixing.

2016 / 2017 my favourite Era. Even Paradise City sounded raspy sometimes

i wish GN'R would release a live album / film from this era.... but "GN'R" and "Release" doesn't work properly

Yes. Release something like Appetite For Democracy only the current line up. 

Fuck me that's bad. I'm not normally one who gets into sound quality/mixing etc.....but that sounds horrendous. 

Why on earth is the mix so bad? Who has done it? Bootlegs recorded in the crowd from the 90s sound better than that. 

I'm at a total loss as to why they would mix it so badly. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

wow this sounds bad. I think it's just the soundboard mix what with the bass drum being so loud. 

Surely the soundboard would be better than that though? I've certainly heard stuff taken from soundboards that sounds decent. 

I can't understand why a band as big as GNR would think that clip acceptable to be released.

Just now, allwaystired said:

Surely the soundboard would be better than that though? I've certainly heard stuff taken from soundboards that sounds decent. 

I can't understand why a band as big as GNR would think that clip acceptable to be released.

Not always, some of the 2002 ones are awful too

Also as another note, the band have shown they (or the label, or whoever..) can put out great quality video and audio with the recent UYI boxset. Off the top of my head, the Ritz is the best video of GN'R that exists in terms of quality. And that's from decades ago. So shows it can be done. My guess is they have trained someone up to sort the videos who isn't an expert in it and they're saving some money. 

Can't imagine you're talking that much money to get a proper mixer in. Video that length would take an hour or two for a pro. And then what impact do high quality videos have on tours? Probably quite a lot these days if they're advertised across social media properly.

Played it again as I type this and can barely hear the vocals at the start! 

27 minutes ago, AtlasShrugged said:

My guess is they have trained someone up to sort the videos who isn't an expert in it and they're saving some money. 

Played it again as I type this and can barely hear the vocals at the start! 

I think there are plenty of GN'R fans willing and able to mix the whole concert in top quality for free. But they make millions and can't find a person capable of mixing decent quality videos.

17 minutes ago, We love Axl Rose said:

I think there are plenty of GN'R fans willing and able to mix the whole concert in top quality for free. But they make millions and can't find a person capable of mixing decent quality videos.

Yeah I really wouldn't be surprised if they've put it in the hands of someone who's great at something else.. for eg, could be a social media manager ... or a tour person.. and they've thought we can save money by adding that onto their list of duties. 

• Like 1

On 4/27/2023 at 9:46 PM, Kranich said:

Wow this mix is atrocious

The balance is quite bad. Especially noticeable when slash takes his solo and all you're hearing from Richard is this weak acoustic. If the engineering bumped him up 1/2 db more slash would still be heard and it wouldn't sound so empty... Amazing considering there's 3 acoustics (at the start) bass, drums, keys and at least 3 backing singers along with Axl. How do you mess that mix? It's entry level stuff

• Like 2

7 hours ago, allwaystired said:

A decent quality full length concert, commercially released would be a great promotional tool for touring. 

Why they don't do that is as beyond me as why they would be happy publicizing this dreadful sounding nonsense. 

Maybe it would look worse for them considering they would have to dig up 2016 / 2017 shows to sound decent. I mean that's a good while ago now.

The next issue is that the only option for commercial release that might see some financial reward (big might), is a limited theatrical release. And what would be the selling point of the NITL show that's already been seen?

If they put together a behind the scenes movie of touring for the past 7 years, in depth interview sections, footage from when Axl was in the studio with Caram or Slash was recording his parts and then some really well produced footage and audio of multiple gigs then that would be worth the price of admission. But it's still a niche so the return on investment probably wouldn't be met... I would love to see it though.

But then you have to think, why release this film when the UYI documentary would gather far more attention.

• Like 1