Velvet Revolver

jimisbatman

Is there a VR pages on this forum? What's the general consensus about them around here? Always thought 2nd album was weak, but listened to it (Libertad) all weekend and think it was misrepresented more so than being a weak album. I reprogrammed the album tracklisting, made it shorter and it's quiet the phenomenonal listening experience. Try it and let me know your thoughts. 

Spay

GOTD

SBQM

J16

LIR

She Mine

Gravedancer + hidden track

And.... Did some research and they had another song called The House is Alive that never got released. Any info on any vr reissues? 

3 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

Is there a VR pages on this forum? What's the general consensus about them around here? Always thought 2nd album was weak, but listened to it (Libertad) all weekend and think it was misrepresented more so than being a weak album. I reprogrammed the album tracklisting, made it shorter and it's quiet the phenomenonal listening experience. Try it and let me know your thoughts. 

Spay

GOTD

SBQM

J16

LIR

She Mine

And.... Did some research and they had another song called The House is Alive that never got released. Any info on any vr reissues? 

Messages!?

How could you forget that one

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

Spay

GOTD

SBQM

J16

LIR

She Mine

A very consistent album. SBQM is the weakest song though.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

The intro sounds like Interstate Love Song. That’s probably why.

I hear that, but it's only a passing resemblance and the song itself is completely different. Lame decision to make it a bonus track imo.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Towelie said:

Messages is the best song they ever did. How it didn't make the standard edition of Libertad is baffling, when it is far and away the strongest song on it.

Yes, this. It's like they wanted Libertad to fail.

• Like 1

I actually like Libertad more than Contraband, both are solid records though. I really wish Psycho Killer and Messages was included on the standard release. If they swapped out the weakest two songs, and had those in place, I feel it would have ranked up there with Contraband from most people's perspective. 

• Like 1

Contraband is far superior, IMO. Still, Libertad has some good tracks: Get Out The Door, SBQM, The Last Flight, Gravedancer, Messages. But it has some horrible tracks like She Mine, Just Sixteen, For A Brother and Spay.

On 6/5/2023 at 9:09 PM, Frankfurt93 said:

Messages!?

How could you forget that one

Lol, I'll give it a spin today 

On 6/6/2023 at 5:00 AM, drlaban said:

A very consistent album. SBQM is the weakest song though.

I suppose music is very subjective as SBQM is one of my favourites from the album

On 6/7/2023 at 9:00 AM, Cosmo said:

Contraband is far superior, IMO. Still, Libertad has some good tracks: Get Out The Door, SBQM, The Last Flight, Gravedancer, Messages. But it has some horrible tracks like She Mine, Just Sixteen, For A Brother and Spay.

I like what matt S said when he said the first album had a youthful angst feel to it given they had something to prove which I think is a great description. I like it better too, but ultimately different beasts when comparing. I like the pop(tastic)Ness of the second album, seems more polished. Lol, your horrible tracks are some of my favs, guess different strokes sort of thing 

Edited by jimisbatman

On 6/7/2023 at 3:51 AM, Rovim said:

I wonder what a third VR album would have sounded like if, say, Libertad did well commercially and the band members got along. 

Yeah, it'll be interesting if the 10 songs with Corey Taylor ever get leaked. The band liked them apart from Slash. And if we get The House is Alvie song. Damn wish there was a reissue coming

10 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

Yeah, it'll be interesting if the 10 songs with Corey Taylor ever get leaked. The band liked them apart from Slash. And if we get The House is Alvie song. Damn wish there was a reissue coming

I wish Chester Bennington had replaced Scott. Perhaps this could have saved his life, who knows? And the dude is an excellent and versatile singer.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cosmo said:

I wish Chester Bennington had replaced Scott. Perhaps this could have saved his life, who knows? And the dude is an excellent and versatile singer.

Maybe. Chris Cornell would of been a good replacement too

• Like 2

On 6/8/2023 at 11:44 PM, Cosmo said:

Yes he is. I liked his songs for STP too. I wish they went with Corey Taylor and release those demos

• Like 1