Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

Just now, BillConnor_1982 said:

Amazing too that the General cell phone clip was recorded in 2011 (?) and this one in 2023, and we havent improved cell phone GnR bootlegging audiofidelity 

2010 :)

I have a few second clip from older than that recorded on a flip phone (most likely) at a private party. You can make out some instrumental and it sounds like Axl is saying "one time". The original poster said they also played Better, and after showing interest in the other song to the dude with the laptop playing DJ, he realized he knew there could be trouble and flaked out. He contemplated stealing the laptop. 

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

1 minute ago, Sweersa said:

2010 :)

I have a few second clip from older than that recorded on a flip phone (most likely) at a private party. You can make out some instrumental and it sounds like Axl is saying "one time". The original poster said they also played Better, and after showing interest in the other song to the dude with the laptop playing DJ, he realized he knew there could be trouble and flaked out. He contemplated stealing the laptop. 

haha that's what I was originally thinking and then reverted to 2011 haha

Gotta say I really hope the General is next. And I really hope it’s long. Axl does epics better than any other artist. I like Perhaps and Hard Skool (Absurd is shit) but it would be cool to hear something longer than 3 and a half minutes. 

Just now, Arnuld said:

Gotta say I really hope the General is next. And I really hope it’s long. Axl does epics better than any other artist. I like Perhaps and Hard Skool (Absurd is shit) but it would be cool to hear something longer than 3 and a half minutes. 

I’m guessing TG is next and it will be 5-6 minutes hopefully

If they put Perhaps on a CD I hope they include more than one additional "new" song and more than two live NITL songs. The Hard Skool EP gets boring fast. 2 more tracks would have made better use of a CD. 

Perhaps with The General and Atlas or reworked Oh My God and 2-3 live songs would be pretty cool. Then do that one more time with what they have left then release the 2010 CD2 but with all of Bumblefoot's work removed in favor of restoring Buckethead's parts. 

2 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

This song is catcher 2.0 - I can see why it was on the cutting room floor on chinese

It was not, it was intended for CD2 or 3 based on the CD2 song list that was from before the 2008 album was released. 

What gets me is how low effort the “new” songs are. They aren’t even really reworked or re-recorded, they just have Slash and Duff slapped on. In some cases, they even have Robin and Bucket. Why didn’t they just put these out in 2016 ? I also wonder if Perhaps was always a contender- was the name mention anywhere prior to the 2019 leaks?

Better late than never , I guess

Edited by ZoSoRose

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

What gets me is how low effort the “new” songs are. They aren’t even really reworked or re-recorded, they just have Slash and Duff slapped on. In some cases, they even have Robin and Bucket

I hope that becomes the norm for additional future releases.

2 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

What gets me is how low effort the “new” songs are. They aren’t even really reworked or re-recorded, they just have Slash and Duff slapped on. In some cases, they even have Robin and Bucket. Why didn’t they just put these out in 2016 ? I also wonder if Perhaps was always a contender- was the name mention anywhere prior to the 2019 leaks?

Better late than never , I guess

Well exactly. Like, it's the same version with Slash and Duff slapped on...that ultimately doesn't really bring anything different to the table.  So why the delay from 2009-2021/3!!   They could've put this out in 2010/2011 EASILY!  WHAT THE FUCK

4 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Perhaps with The General and Atlas or reworked Oh My God and 2-3 live songs would be pretty cool. Then do that one more time with what they have left then release the 2010 CD2 but with all of Bumblefoot's work removed in favor of restoring Buckethead's parts. 

They can save Atlas and whatever else for a future EP if they do studio versions of The Seeker, Wichita Lineman, etc.

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

They can save Atlas and whatever else for a future EP if they do studio versions of The Seeker, Wichita Lineman, etc.

Hopefully not. I don't want any more "live" tracks or covers. Rather them put in some effort and record new music.

Edited by vloors
  • Like 2