Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

28 minutes ago, marinergtfc said:

Well, when it comes to releasing or not releasing music they seem to have a level of incompetence not seen since Gaius Caligula.

More music has been released with them as managers than with most previous managers. Not that it matters, it is not managers that decide to release music, it is Axl. 

• Like 1

I listened to the Soundcloud link and I like it.
As far as you can reasonably tell from the playback, I prefer it to the original.
I also like Slash's solo better.
Yes, I'm going to be biased, because for me the sound of GnR is Slash's guitar and Axl's vocals, so if the man in the top hat is there I'm still happy.
I'm looking forward to hearing the Mp3 version well in my headphones, hopefully on Friday the 18th.
I'm also thinking that maybe it's not so accidentally made this Jukebox missa...in the meantime we keep talking about it until it's released.

• Like 3

I listened to the solo a few times now and I definitely prefer it to the original. It actually goes somewhere. 

I like how Robin started his version of the solo but it quickly fizzled out and ended. 

Slash plays more or less the same part at the beginning but in a different position and then adds some chunky parts and nice little run to end it. 

• GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, Muddy said:

This is really interesting.

Release the song so it can only be heard at bars .

Die hard GNR fans flock to local bars to play it , and whoever else is at that bar hears it too(when they probably wouldn’t have otherwise).

The marketing team threw a curveball and I think it’s a great strategy 

If by curveball you mean another addition in a long list of mistakes, then sure.

A few dozen GNR fans playing the song in a few bars does not make a great strategy. Most other patrons wouldn't care, and even if they did, it's not like they can go home and look the song up on YouTube or Spotify. It would have been much more effective for the management to stick to the 11th as their release date given they already had media exposure for then.

1 minute ago, klakly said:

I listened to the Soundcloud link and I like it.
As far as you can reasonably tell from the playback, I prefer it to the original.
I also like Slash's solo better.
Yes, I'm going to be biased, because for me the sound of GnR is Slash's guitar and Axl's vocals, so if the man in the top hat is there I'm still happy.
I'm looking forward to hearing the Mp3 version well in my headphones, hopefully on Friday the 18th.
I'm also thinking that maybe it's not so accidentally made this Jukebox missa...in the meantime we keep talking about it until it's released.

I'm glad it makes fans happy. I'm happy too, though I can't see a point why Slash should redo the old solos that were meant to remain there.

But anyway any release is better than nothing.

And hey, unlike you who's using lol emojis, I respond by text if I'm opposed to your opinion.

8 minutes ago, Muddy said:

This is really interesting.

Release the song so it can only be heard at bars .

Die hard GNR fans flock to local bars to play it , and whoever else is at that bar hears it too(when they probably wouldn’t have otherwise).

The marketing team threw a curveball and I think it’s a great strategy 

I dunno, how many die hard GNR fans do we think will flock to a physical bar to play this song, and how many patrons do we think will realistically go "hey that song is great let me look it up on my own time"? lol

To me this is either a big mistake and they didn't stop the song from being released to bar jukeboxes like they did the rest of the initial plans for this songs release, or they have no concept of how to properly hype up a release :lol:

2 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

I'm glad it makes fans happy. I'm happy too, though I can't see a point why Slash should redo the old solos that were meant to remain there.

And hey, unlike you who's using lol emojis, I respond by text if I'm opposed to your opinion.

If they were meant to remain there then Axl would have released them years ago. 

He obviously wasn't comfortable to do so for whatever reasons and has asked Slash to do his versions which Axl seems happier with.

• Like 1

Just now, jacdaniel said:

If they were meant to remain there then Axl would have released them years ago. 

He obviously wasn't comfortable to do so for whatever reasons and has asked Slash to do his versions which Axl seems happier with.

Yes yes, all CD tracks needed Slash's touch to make them right.

Fair? Enjoy!

4 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Sono contento che renda felici i fan. Anch'io sono felice, anche se non vedo perché Slash debba rifare i vecchi assoli che dovevano rimanere lì.

Ma comunque qualsiasi rilascio è meglio di niente.

E hey, a differenza di te che usi gli emoji lol, rispondo per messaggio se sono contrario alla tua opinione.

If the old solos had remained without Slash, they would not be GnR, but a bad copy, let's say "Axl & Friends," which i no way has had or will ever have the popularity that GnR has with Slash and Duff.

Simply this makes me smile who regrets that sad era, which did so much harm to Axl and the GnR brand.

5 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

If by curveball you mean another addition in a long list of mistakes, then sure.

A few dozen GNR fans playing the song in a few bars does not make a great strategy. Most other patrons wouldn't care, and even if they did, it's not like they can go home and look the song up on YouTube or Spotify. It would have been much more effective for the management to stick to the 11th as their release date given they already had media exposure for then.

The media exposure wasn't planned and part of a marketing strategy. It came because Tom Mayhue spoke out of turn and because we found the countdown page. Still, assuming a marketing strategy had been implemented leading to deliberate media exposure, delaying the release would only make sense if it was considered really important ;)

6 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I dunno, how many die hard GNR fans do we think will flock to a physical bar to play this song, and how many patrons do we think will realistically go "hey that song is great let me look it up on my own time"? lol

To me this is either a big mistake and they didn't stop the song from being released to bar jukeboxes like they did the rest of the initial plans for this songs release, or they have no concept of how to properly hype up a release :lol:

Or: Stopping it from being released on jukeboxes were not worth the effort. 

2 minutes ago, klakly said:

If the old solos had remained without Slash, they would not be GnR, but a bad copy, let's say "Axl & Friends," which i no way has had or will ever have the popularity that GnR has with Slash and Duff.

Simply this makes me smile who regrets that sad era, which did so much harm to Axl and the GnR brand.

It was indeed a sad era. Though not because of Buckethead & Robin or the outcome which was a masterpiece album. But sad era because of Axl's way of managing things.

The new era is not any better. Kiss style Nostalgia act with some butchered single releases here and there.

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

The media exposure wasn't planned and part of a marketing strategy. It came because Tom Mayhue spoke out of turn and because we found the countdown page. Still, assuming a marketing strategy had been implemented leading to deliberate media exposure, delaying the release would only make sense if it was considered really important ;)

You're right of course, but I have no clue why they didn't just stick to the 11th given they had already received incidental exposure through Mayhue and our finding of the countdown page. They could have made the most of their mistakes... Instead, they delayed it (seemingly soon after the countdown page was found) and shot themselves in the foot since they clearly didn't cover all their bases...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Was this Perhaps solo "meant to remain there" though? The only version we have heard is a rough mix from the Village Session leaks with a fairly unremarkable solo, and how many of those demos had solos meant to remain there if Riad, Catcher, Sorry, etc. all had replaced solos by the time of the actual finished album in 2008?

What I mean is like stylistically. Structurally maybe. For example, If you're replacing a dark mood shredded solo of Buckethead with a bluesy Slash you're trying to impose an external object not meant to be there. Like a torn in your skin.

That's how I see it, but I respect everyone's opinion. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, DingBat said:

Since when do Team Brazil handle Guns N Roses music distribution?

I don't know. They're management, right? They have nothing to do with the release of music? 

If anyone else is doing that, maybe that's good news. They could be fired or reprimanded as something has most definitely gone wrong. No matter how it's twisted.

• Like 1

7 minuti fa, ©GnrPersia ha scritto:

Fu davvero un'epoca triste. Anche se non a causa di Buckethead & Robin o del risultato che è stato un album capolavoro. Ma era triste a causa del modo in cui Axl gestisce le cose.

La nuova era non è migliore. I Nostalgia in stile Kiss recitano qua e là con alcuni singoli macellati.

Saluti.

That album is far from being able to be called a masterpiece; the numbers speak for themselves.
That a small portion of fans like it is another matter, but that has nothing to do with the larger picture.
In no way could Buckethead, Robin etc. compete with Slash & co. In those who loved GnR in their original and natural form.
That's all.  Greetings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

You're right of course, but I have no clue why they didn't just stick to the 11th given they had already received incidental exposure through Mayhue and our finding of the countdown page. They could have made the most of their mistakes... Instead, they delayed it (seemingly soon after the countdown page was found) and shot themselves in the foot since they clearly didn't cover all their bases...

Many things can go wrong when there are many players involved and needs coordinating, the band, the musicians (new and old), the label, the streaming services. Whatever it was, it meant the tentative (and not disclosed) release date was pushed back, even if some small amounts of media attention had been inadvertently achieved. 

15 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Yeah who wants to hear slash playing on gnr songs???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1