Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

As for the "Slash would never allow part of Robin's solo to remain on a new song" argument...people have been saying this kind of stuff for years. No way Slash comes back without full reunion, no way Slash plays CD songs, no way Slash accepts TB as GNR management, no way Slash will stay if brand new music isn't worked on, ect. And have been wrong every time.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Blah blah blah. People fall in love with demos and can’t accept change. 

This happens all the time, but in this case I just don't think his solo was particularly great... It doesn't really do anything for the song. Not awful, not that much better/worse than the demo.

End of the day the demo is an unfinished work until it's not, so no point getting hung up on it 

11 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Are people reay expecting Slash to go all out with an inspired soulful solo to Chi Dem leftovers? lmao cmon now

Go all out? Well... Yeah, considering it's the only thing he's bringing to the table.

Even giving it a bit of the old Slash juices would have been something though.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

This happens all the time, but in this case I just don't think his solo was particularly great... It doesn't really do anything for the song. Not awful, not that much better/worse than the demo.

End of the day the demo is an unfinished work until it's not, so no point getting hung up on it 

But the solo on it from before was blah anyway

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

Im not sure what you are asking me to explain exactly, but the first verse is a beat out of time and the second is half a beat and then the 3rd moves into time. this is done on purpose just moving it back in the studio on pro tools. Why Axl wanted it like this, who knows. probably to mask the fact the song has no chorus and only 2 different verses, to make it seem like the song has more substance i guess. 

Stylistic choice, my behind. 😆 Sloppy drunk "edgy" editing. 

1 minute ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

it is astonishing that CD only had two really memorable and great guitar solos (twat and til). especially when you had players like bucket in the mix.

but.. it shows that technical skilled players rarely come up with anything memorable compared to players like slash

Mmm, the solos were great to me

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

but nothing really that sticks in your ear. like estranged, or civil war, or dont cry, or scom...

Eh, I disagree. Nevertheless   I spent my life playing  music in LA influenced by Slash though, so don’t think I’m a douche 

Edited by MANEK

4 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

but nothing really that sticks in your ear. like estranged, or civil war, or dont cry, or scom...

Ah I liked this accidentally. Couldn't disagree more, Chinese has some very memorable solos... It just doesn't have that one solo that you can point to that just about everybody would enjoy 

*Fixed it😄

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

Not really.  His last 2 solo albums still had plenty of excellent guitars, granted they were rushed due to Guns commitments. 

I'm sure his solo album next year will be really good. 

He quit Guns in the 90s because he didn't like the musical direction along with other reasons. I doubt he's too inspired with not writing new material and just been asked to slap a solo on a 20 yr old song that didn't make the cut for CD. 

Is Slash being "asked" to work on these songs? By anyone? Him and Duff just randomly decided to do it during the pandemic when they had nothing else to do (obviously without Axl really being on board, considering Axl's reluctance to do anything new for the songs). 

That makes it worse to me. Volunteering to do a songs knowing you won't put effort in it at all, while over writing another guitarists solo that was better than yours.

1 minute ago, meadsoap said:

Is Slash being "asked" to work on these songs? By anyone? Him and Duff just randomly decided to do it during the pandemic when they had nothing else to do (obviously without Axl really being on board, considering Axl's reluctance to do anything new for the songs). 

That makes it worse to me. Volunteering to do a songs knowing you won't put effort in it at all, while over writing another guitarists solo that was better than yours.

That’s just like your opinion, man

3 minutes ago, meadsoap said:

Him and Duff just randomly decided to do it during the pandemic when they had nothing else to do (obviously without Axl really being on board, considering Axl's reluctance to do anything new for the songs). 

What? Where did you get any of this from?

2 hours ago, MANEK said:

Again, nobody cares if your wife/girlfriend thinks it’s crazy that you care

Fair play, then, because I don’t give a fuck what you think about what I post.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

What? Where did you get any of this from?

Fair play, then, because I don’t give a fuck what you think about what I post.

Haha, cause nobody does 

Im really just breakin balls, no offense intended 

Edited by MANEK

Must say from what I can hear I'm pleasantly surprised, other than an average nothing solo the production and overall song sounds significantly better mixed and produced than the demo . I love that the vocals are improved and clearer and piano more prominent. Well done lads. Now go back and fix Hardschool please 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, meadsoap said:

I am sure Axl was completely onboard and suggested songs to work on. I also don't think it is correct that Axl is reluctant to do anything new for the songs. I am sure he is involved in the mixing/mastering and possibly, just possibly, also having added new vocals (maybe to Perhaps).

• Like 2

Ok, I listened to it a couple of times. It's simply not a good song to my ears and will be quickly forgotten by the general public, imo.

Slash really doesn't seem to give a fuck here again and the "false start" with Robin's guitar totally sounds like an error, this can't be an artistic choice?!

Is it possible that this got fixed in the meantime? I guess so.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, El Guapo said:

Ok, I listened to it a couple of times. It's simply not a good song to my ears and will be quickly forgotten by the general public, imo.

Slash really doesn't seem to give a fuck here again and the "false start" with Robin's guitar totally sounds like an error, this can't be an artistic choice?!

Is it possible that this got fixed in the meantime? I guess so.

I don’t agree. I think this one sounds very GN’R. You should go hang out on your Olivia Rodrigo forum