Perhaps - New Guns N' Roses Single - Discussion

There seems to be a few recording phases here. The main vocals at the start are fine, but then the overdubs seem to be varying in quality and style dramatically, not just they "hey hey", but incidental "uhhs" and other phrases like "Weight upon your shoulders" have a unique effect on them which along with the other 3 or 4 unique effects, make it sound pasted together.

The high pitch at the end of the chorus vocals wrecks them also. "Got a lot more than I bargained for".. "For" is just the high vocal, it's weird.

No bite to Slash's pieces.

Bass is pretty nice though!

Edited by Giblet

1 minute ago, axl_on_drums said:

The piano being so high in the mix is wonderful. Great keys on this tune

Hope Axl plonks himself down at the Piano tomorrow and goes "This is one for all you Jukebox heroes" ...

1 minute ago, ZODIAC said:

No, I'm living in Germany. Weird. 

Check the "releases" tab on their channel and you'll see it bro

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Wanted to make a poll but it won’t let me make a new thread. What’s your guys favorite song of the 3?

Mine is Perhaps>Hard Skool>Absurd

For me it would be Hard Skool>Absurd>Perhaps

I really enjoy Perhaps, but I just love those two other songs more. Probably cause I prefer energetic rockers over midtempo rockers in general. These slower songs have to be really special for me to prefer them over fast paced stuff.

I have a feeling that The General could be one of those really special midtempo rockers

1 hour ago, klakly said:

Now for me only one question remains: what name to give to the folder with the 3 singles? 😁😂

Suggestions are accepted

"Look what we did while Axl was outta the house"

Or "Trapdoor Within The Aether"

....Three at last....thank god almighty three at last..."

Edited by colonizedmind

Paid my 99p at midnight to buy it off iTunes. Finally, get to listen to it… and two minutes in I get a call.

”Sorry, I’ll call you back in four minutes” :P 

Dig the guitars, bass, and drums (I totally get what Axl meant about wanting Brain’s feel for the drums on ChiDem even when sticking to Freese’s arrangements). But I still prefer the demo. Still, happy to have this now, and as long as they keep releasing new music, I’ll hold up my end of the bargain and pay for it.

Listening to the demo, the deep vocals were always there, just very low in the mix compared to to the official release.

• Like 1

Catcher, Perhaps, Atlas (TBA) new trilogy....

4 minutes ago, Amir said:

Paid my 99p at midnight to buy it off iTunes. Finally, get to listen to it… and two minutes in I get a call.

”Sorry, I’ll call you back in four minutes” :P 

Dig the guitars, bass, and drums (I totally get what Axl meant about wanting Brain’s feel for the drums on ChiDem even when sticking to Freese’s arrangements). But I still prefer the demo. Still, happy to have this now, and as long as they keep releasing new music, I’ll hold up my end of the bargain and pay for it.

Listening to the demo, the deep vocals were always there, just very low in the mix compared to to the official release.

Let's campaign hard for another EP

...good chance they'll follow that same model or similar...Perhaps has dropped almost 2 years to the day since Absurd and it was another 6 weeks till HS....let's see this time....gonna be a lot of speculation and listening for soundchecks more than ever which keeps the tour interesting for the forum too. Win win

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 3