"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

45 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

I won’t believe it until it’s playing on my speakers. It’s sad that being a guns fan is like this.

once it’s been delivered to the record pressing plant I’ll assume it’s a safe bet.

I only say this because years ago it was mentioned that they pulled a song from CD and switched it out at the final hour and literally changed it out at the Compact disc factory lol

Axl must seriously overthink things sometimes hey

That was Atlas! 

3 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

Everyone saying how it'll definitely be ripped if it's a vinyl exclusive (which it won't be, but anyway), why haven't the Absurd and Shaddow of your Love live exlusives been ripped and surfaced online?

Those were shared a year ago or whenever they shipped. The General will absolutely be ripped and shared, too.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Views on YouTube videos don't necessarily correlate with the level of anticipation the forums have, nor do they account of repeat viewings (Not saying there's necessarily a lot of those, but certainly a small number). You don't hype the song up to be the myth it is because a YouTube video told you to - it's a totally different experience than being on the forums, getting the tiniest breadcrumb about it every few years, etc. That's why we in particular have built it up so much compared to a wider audience. There are surely not tens of thousands of unique forum users who have had that experience with this song and all hold it in that regard. 

I disagree. By the nature of the videos, those are indeed unique views, and I would say most of them are from non-forum users, as for us there’s really nothing new on those videos. There’s tons of Reddit and Facebook only users who actually get often inaccurate info from those videos, and then the rumors spread easy enough. 

The point is that we have 10 years of hearsay, rumors and hype surrounding the song. And tons of other venues outside the foruns, especially for non-English speaking fans.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, Nick85 said:

Jarmo basically just put the no digital release rumor to bed on his site.

Of course it will come out digitally lol, the real (and, lets be real here, ONLY) question is when, it could be right away, it could be in some weeks, or months, after the vinyl starts shipping, to push the sales of it, while blocking all uploads to Youtube Soundcloud etc with the detection software so it's not widely available until they decide to make it widely accessible. I don't think whether it will be available digitally AT ALL was ever a serious question to begin with, those people are smoking something wild.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

Changing the subject away from the digital release thing, do we reckon a Bucket and Robin version will leak. Was it ever accepted that any hoarders had a leak?

Remember the alleged hoarder @card5777? I had chatted with him extensively well over ten year ago, and asked him for the title of the "checkmate" song (before it was known as Jackie Chan or Hardschool), I provided him the lyrics, etc. He told me it was The General. 

We obviously now know that that song is clearly not The General.

He could of been messing with me, as he did have a unique sense of humor, or maybe his full Hardschool/Jackie Chan was labeled incorrectly, but who knows. Some believe he was associated or the same person as @kingoffspring, another alleged hoarder. 

In short, I do not know if anyone outside of the band has CD era versions of The General. L!VE FREE who here I believe was @Brodie, may he RIP, likely had Leave Me Alone (Soul Monster), Seven, and many other tracks but I'm not sure about The General. I wish I asked him about that one. 

My personal favorite holy grail would be if all of the Bucket/Robin CD era material leaked. I'd imagine that would be more likely than the Bumble stuff leaking, which still contains Robin and Bucket, but you never know. 

I'm sure someone somewhere has a lot of it, if not all of it. They may be waiting for Guns to wrap up or officially release what they have before dropping their unheard stuff, in an effort not to hurt the band and/or draw additional legal attention. (Leaking an unreleased, unheard song vs leaking an earlier version of an officially released song, while also illegal, probably doesn't cause as much of an uproar from UMG/management/law enforcement) 

EDIT: @card5777 claimed to have all of the Roy Thomas Baker sessions. Back in the day, he said he would be surprised if anything leaked that he didn't have. He has long not been interested in even discussing GN'R. Some of the things he told me back then did end up being legit, which was apparent as more material leaked. He described Oh My God with Buckethead, including the parts Bucket plays during the chorus. He also said the early Chinese Democracy (the song) was a little more punk. He told me Seven was named so because that's the number of the band members involved in that song, and also that This I Love wasn't going to be on CD, but the band protested and convinced Axl to include it. He said several of the unreleased songs he had that were not on the 2008 album would no doubt be released, as several he said were A list material, which we have long known to be true. I believe he also said there was a Catcher In The Rye with a Buckethead solo that sounded closer to May's solo than Bumblefoot's solo. There were a few other small things I can't recall at the moment. 

Edited by Sweersa
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Matinator said:

Man Pele really poisoned this board. Now weve got everybody believing that a song slated for official release that we've almost certainly heard a snippet with vocals for is just an instrumental too.

Pele conceded that there are vocals (that are likley 20 years old) for The General

5 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Pele conceded that there are vocals (that are likley 20 years old) for The General

Even then, even with fucking PELE conceding this, there are now over 60 pages of this thread with people claiming it might be an instrumental, LOL

If anything, that sort of batshit crazyness gives TB more proof that boards like these are full of dumb nutjobs who aren't worth more than a visit every blue moon, not exactly working in our favour this thread, is it now, haha

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

4 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Which vocals? It's the exact same ones as the locker leak. Just mixed a little differently 

There are subtle differences in the way he pronounces certain words. Could be a different vocal take that was recorded around the same time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Which vocals? It's the exact same ones as the locker leak. Just mixed a little differently 

There are different bits, one of the first "heyssssss" was from a different take, it was way more intense and drawn out. There are probably other examples. Listen to both versions, and you can tell. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

IMG-20230920-WA0023.jpeg

I was the one who got this response. lol It doesn't confirm anything, though. They backtracked in the website and here they left it open for breaches. They very clearly stated the band decided not to release on streaming "for now". This screams to me "you're not allowed to confirm nor deny it". lol To me it still seems they're trying to sell more vinyls before streaming it. lol But let's wait and see what happens.

Edited by CaioAKR
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, CaioAKR said:

I was the one who got this response. lol It doesn't confirm anything, though. They backtracked in the website and here they left it open for breaches. They vey clearly stated the band decided not to released on streaming "for now". This screams to me "you're not allowed to confirm or deny it". lol To me it still seems they're trying to sell more vinyls before streaming it. lol But let's wait and see what happens.

You're right on the money. "for the moment" gives it away. Of course they won't say "oh yeah it will be out everywhere to be listened to" before the vinyl comes out. By choosing to only be able to order it on vinyl, and not even CD, it gives away that they want to maximize vinyl sales before puting it out everywhere,

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1