"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

21 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

I am so not looking forward to reading the usual suspects here rip apart the solo and demand the restoration of Robin/Bucket's solos, swearing that their solos were better without ever even hearing them.

The guitar solo is the one thing you can hear clearly in the cellphone clip, so if someone says they prefer Bucket/Robin's take on it, they aren't necessarily just bitching for the sake of bitching, they might really mean it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

"He's capable." One of the greatest guitarists of all time is capable.

His playing on Hard Skool is way better than anything on the Village Leaks. It's a vast improvement. Perhaps isn't his greatest, but neither is Robin's solo. I can chalk that up to it just not being a great song.

Slash is iconic. I just wish he gave more of a shit when it came to the CD material. I'm sure it's more than a challenge to take existing leads from Robin and Buckethead, two guitarists who are technically superior, and replacing their parts with material that both fits the existing songs and sounds good. 

It would have been best to leave those songs alone, and record new stuff and release them with the CD stuff.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

I am so not looking forward to reading the usual suspects here rip apart the solo and demand the restoration of Robin/Bucket's solos, swearing that their solos were better without ever even hearing them.

Should we just get it over with now? Slash's solo (which I haven't heard) is so much worse than Bucket's solo (which I haven't heard)! Talk about an uninspired pile of noodles. Slash sure does suck at covering Robin and Bucket!

Really though, I have very low expectations as far as Slash's playing and the overall mix/production. I'll just be glad to finally hear the song.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

LMFAO. There are at least ten instrumentals on the Village discs better than Slash's work on Hard Skool. The majority of 4 is better than Hard Skool instrumentally, though Myles ruins every song with his shit songwriting so most don't notice. Slash's playing on HK isn't bad but it's pretty generic and uninspired.

5 hours ago, General2112 said:

Are we still banking on The General coming out on the 27th

What? You think they've miss sold us and my vinyls gonna arrive with a remastered version of cornshucker side R? 

Edited by colonizedmind

11 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I don't know if the song will be good (for my taste) or not. But I would be willing to bet on the following (and I don't do this often):

1. It's not an instrumental.

2. It's a reworked version with Slash and Duff and not the "original" version with the NuGnR musicians.

3. It's not State of Grace.

These are probably givens lol

What if Guns only re-works songs that have leaked in full?

So far, this has been the case with Absurd, Hard Skool, and Perhaps. They have Slash re-record superior leads as punishment to the fans, so we never get to hear the best versions of these songs.

The General, Cuban Skies, Soul Monster, Seven, Oklahoma, etc. have not leaked. So maybe they will keep the CD-era mixes of them.

Bet your ass, Atlas has been re-recorded since it has leaked in full. Damn it, the Bumblefoot OMG too leaked years ago, looks like we're getting Slash on that as well. :( 

14 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

So far, this has been the case with Absurd, Hard Skool, and Perhaps. They have Slash re-record superior leads as punishment to the fans, so we never get to hear the best versions of these songs.

The General, Cuban Skies, Soul Monster, Seven, Oklahoma, etc. have not leaked. So maybe they will keep the CD-era mixes of them.

Bet your ass, Atlas has been re-recorded since it has leaked in full. Damn it, the Bumblefoot OMG too leaked years ago, looks like we're getting Slash on that as well. :( 

It will be a miracle if we ever get Cuban Skies, Soul Monster, Seven, Oklahoma, ect…

I still can’t believe we are actually getting the General 

• PERHAPS 1

17 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Yeah, when Chinese Democracy was released, I had the clear impression that those were not the best songs. They were just the songs that had been leaked bt that time.

• Like 1

As long as it's not State of Grace, I'll be completely satisfied with it no matter what.

I was at the San Diego show two weeks ago, and was assured by someone that's heard it that it was good.  So it's not just some piece of shit instrumental.  It's a real song.

If that song is State of Grace, it's a crushing disappointment cause it's not new.

If it's an actual NEW song from the CD sessions we haven't heard before?  It's fucking awesome.

16 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I think that will be a given based on Slash's performances playing CD solos live, and his playing on Hard Skool and Perhaps. I do like his solos on Absurd, compared to the leaked version with Buckethead and Bumblefoot. I'll give him that. He's capable!

This is getting really, really ridiculous now. It's Slash and Guns N' Roses after all.

I totally love Buckethead these days (Crime Slunk scene, Colma, Electric Sea, Electric Tears, 3 Foot Clearance are all brilliant albums) and Robin is great as well, but come on.