"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

2 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

And I have a feeling it won't ever get played live.

All indications at the moment are that it's a throwaway song.

If they really want to include it the way they did SOYL, Hard Skool, Absurd, and Perhaps, they're gonna have to rehearse and soundcheck it a lot more.

Doubt it's on their radar.  Best case is they'll try in 2025 if they feel up to it.

They only have four shows left after a long tour.  They're exhausted and probably can't wait to just chill the fuck out.  I'm sure they'll have some energy at the two Bowl shows, but no reason they're gonna debut an unrehearsed song.

I'd love to be wrong.

Absurd wasn't soundchecked much, if indeed at all, before its debut.

Plus, we've already seen it's in a book of notes/stage cues for the live show.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Axls_Moustache_Rules said:

You can tell even from the mobile recording, Axl would have a heart attack before successfully singing it live.

I mean they play TWAT all the time and it’d be a helluva song to be more demanding than that

• Like 1

I have to say I do feel a sense of inevitable disappointment with this one. It's been built up for so long as some absolutely epic, monstrous holy grail of a song. 

And yet it seems like the final release is going to as a B side with no promotion as the band's tour finishes and they get ready for a pretty long hiatus. 

I do hope it's great. Mainly for the people that I know it means so much to. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bumcheecksmcghee said:

Then hopefully people are smart an upload it with a different name to.disguise it from team brazil takedowners.. so it's up long enough for people to hear it. Lol

Guns n roses - "the lieutenant" ?

I'm in Europe, but hereby I promise to record it the first time I get the vinyl and put it on my record player 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Axls_Moustache_Rules said:

FB-IMG-1698226552533.jpg

Imagine making this pun, as the band's management and then not delivering.. :lol:

Those who believe Fernandont are probably the same who make crap up on reddit for a giggle 

42 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

I have to say I do feel a sense of inevitable disappointment with this one. It's been built up for so long as some absolutely epic, monstrous holy grail of a song. 

And yet it seems like the final release is going to as a B side with no promotion as the band's tour finishes and they get ready for a pretty long hiatus. 

Why? You can hear from the mobile clip it's an epic. 

49 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

Hard to say.

The only thing that's absolutely certain is that not everyone will like it.

We all love GNR, yet even hardcore fans don't seem to see eye to eye on the CD songs.  Some of them are people's favorites, and to others they're dogshit.

In my personal opinion, I only think TWAT, SOD, and Catcher are any good on CD.  The rest is either mediocre filler or downright bad.  Some people will swear that "Madagascar" or "Prostitute" are FUCKING EPICCCCC and changed their lives or something.  To me they're just boring plodding bullshit.

The locker leaks happened and I was as thrilled as anyone to hear "new" music.  But none of it really stood out to me.  Hard Skool, Perhaps, State of Grace, Nothing, Eye on You.......all extremely "meh" songs in my opinion.

Then I heard Atlas and immediately lost my shit.  THIS was the kind of up-tempo power ballad I love from Axl.  Absolutely timeless classic in my mind.  I instantly loved it.  I'd put it right up there with some of my favorites from UYI II like Breakdown.  I fucking LOVE this song.

Yet...some fans think it's just a lame or mediocre track best left on the cutting room floor.

I'm trying to temper my expectations.  I know there'll never be another Estranged or Coma.  Those of you expecting that are going to be sorely disappointed.  But could it possibly be in the same league as Atlas?  God, I hope so.

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

14 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Why? You can hear from the mobile clip it's an epic. 

I have listened to that fucking shit-ass excuse of a recording dozens and dozens of times, straining to hear even a hint of Axl Rose over the inane chattering of partying douchebags.  I've tried headphones, speakers, adjusting levels, full volume......no matter what?

we-aint-found-shit-spaceballs.gif

I swear that clip is like a Rorschach test.  People that claim they're hearing stuff are only hearing what they want to hear.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

I have listened to that fucking shit-ass excuse of a recording dozens and dozens of times, straining to hear even a hint of Axl Rose over the inane chattering of partying douchebags.  I've tried headphones, speakers, adjusting levels, full volume......no matter what?

I would say the only epic thing about that recording is the guitar riff, which will likely be missing from the official release. And the orchestral piece that people say it's in the recording, which I personally can't hear

2 hours ago, bumcheecksmcghee said:

Then hopefully people are smart an upload it with a different name to.disguise it from team brazil takedowners.. so it's up long enough for people to hear it. Lol

Guns n roses - "the lieutenant" ?

Lol it's not getting manually taken down, the song gets uploaded into their database, and then Youtube, Soundcloud etc. use an automatic detection software for the audio which instantly recognizes it and blocks it. The only way to circumvent the automatic detection of the audio and instant blocking is to either upload it slowed down or change the pitch. It won't be out digitally if they don't want to other than illegal downloads.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

I swear that clip is like a Rorschach test.  People that claim they're hearing stuff are only hearing what they want to hear.

I disagree, you can clearly hear Axl as can others. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Try KZ ZSN PRO phones and Adobe Audition 3.0

This is what I could gather using it, even tough I think the lyrics can be WAY off :

"[...] Of you now

Who would do this, to you? (2x)

To the young!

(Axl sings something, but its indistinguishable)

0:21 In fact you do it

Who ??? of all that ???

Who wants, to lose?

~ Solo ~

~ Orchestra Comes In ~

My hopes, my dreams are dead now

But it's nothing for you, do they bother you?

There's a child, I don't care, on the bed now

To leave a stain upon their soul because I wanted to [...]

for you, or your child

But this time you've broken everything inside

[...] I am never Satisfied

that's just part of you does it bother you???"

9 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

I disagree, you can clearly hear Axl as can others. 

Yes there was a pretty clear clip on youtube some weeks ago that seemed to have removed much of the background noise, you could hear Axl pretty good on that clip. 

Also think there was some spoken word about monsters before kicking into "Axl scream modus"

2 hours ago, JimiRose said:

This would make zero sense. It'd mean 99% of fans first listen of the song would be a low quality copy from a vinyl uploaded to youtube. why on earth would the band want that to be how fans experience it for the first time? I cannot fathom a world where it is a vinyl only release. No band or management are that stupid SURELY

I get that but in reality it isn't 99% of fans, it's a tiny % of fans who lurk on the internet (us). The majority of fans won't go searching for it online until it's on Spotify etc. For the band it's free publicity Vs some fans having a crap quality version for a few days. It has to be released on digital platforms I agree, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it wasn't vinyl only for a short period.