"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

Last update I got, UMG didn't notify this big streaming platform, at all, so I think nothing tomorrow. Unless directly from Guns Youtube channel but I doubt it.

Wanna thanks all those persons I don't know in this company, except for my friend, they sure searched and asked questions haha. I bet it will drive them mad too, now they know about it :lol:

Edited by D..
  • Like 4

Just now, ASLayerAODsk said:

Heres what happened when Ghost tried the same thing...took a little while afterwards...but yeah..:)

I love this song. Been trying to get it on vinyl for ages.

But bands expect this to happen. They don't release vinyl-exclusive songs thinking "people are gonna be forced to buy the records and it will sell so much more", it's more like "diehards will have this hidden gem for them, it will be a collector's item, it will receive kind of a cult status" 

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Great decision by the band. Lose free publicity and additional streaming revenue in a trade off for fans listening to the song for free anyways with none of the above. Genius. Just absolutely brilliant.

Do you think Axl cares all that much about money and publicity at this point?

If I had to guess, and it’s just a guess, an initial physical only release likely works for Axl’s desire to do something different; the mystique of it all and a throwback to how music use to be distributed. 

I think concerns over marketing, exposure, and generating income from a 20+ year old song are misplaced.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, downzy said:

Do you think Axl cares all that much about money and publicity at this point?

If I had to guess, and it’s just a guess, an initial physical only release likely works for Axl’s desire to do something different; the mystique of it all and a throwback to how music use to be distributed. 

I think concerns over marketing, exposure, and generating income from a 20+ year old song are misplaced.  

this kind of release it's actually more amusing than a 12:00 am digital release

29 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

I don't think it's the point, actually. When a band releases a vinyl-exclusive, it's not only to boost vinyl sales, but to make the song a rarity, a hidden gem, etc... like a present to diehards and vinyl collectors. 

Here’s a song you can’t listen to while you’re stuck in traffic, at the gym, on your headphones at work, or anywhere else you spend most of your day. Merry Christmas.

30 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

Vinyl exclusive will not prevent it from “downloading motherfuckers” getting their hands on it. I personally think it will eventually get a digital release as soon as they think they maximized the vinyl sales. 

On another note, let’s all go back and remember how exciting it was the day we found out it was getting released!

And even if a few…hundred? Thousand? People download it illegally, they’re still making more money off the sales than they would off of millions of streams. Maybe they just feel like doing something the old school way for a change, and I don’t see the harm in that. Everybody who wants to hear it will still have an excellent quality rip eventually (Assuming the pressing itself is good) even if it takes a few days/weeks longer, and the people that choose to buy have no issues…so everybody wins in the end as far as I’m concerned. 

3 minutes ago, Flayer said:

Here’s a song you can’t listen to while you’re stuck in traffic, at the gym, on your headphones at work, or anywhere else you spend most of your day. Merry Christmas.

You can absolutely add that stuff to your Spotify/Apple Music library from a computer. Takes all of 3 minutes to do. But everybody feels like they’re owed instant gratification nowadays, which is one of my big problems with the streaming business model as a whole. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Flayer said:

But you can 😉

Edited by Cosmo

10 minutes ago, Hirtlocker423 said:

Someone on the GNR subreddit claims they just got their shipping notification:

They post in the Indiana and Lafayette subreddits. it's currently 1:32 pm there, 26 October. Trolling, or they're lucky to have their copy shipped out early?

Edited by BucketEgg

12 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

And even if a few…hundred? Thousand? People download it illegally, they’re still making more money off the sales than they would off of millions of streams. Maybe they just feel like doing something the old school way for a change, and I don’t see the harm in that. Everybody who wants to hear it will still have an excellent quality rip eventually (Assuming the pressing itself is good) even if it takes a few days/weeks longer, and the people that choose to buy have no issues…so everybody wins in the end as far as I’m concerned. 

Good point. I bought the vinyl. I just want to be able to stream it from Spotify on my commutes!

I still think never releasing to streaming services is silly. I can see waiting until sales drop off tho. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1