"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

57 minutes ago, Underhardy said:

Fuck this band, Axl and TB. They’ve never done a god damn thing right by the fans. The Troubadour 2016 show was legitimately the only thing they’ve done right. 

I disagree. I think the touring's been pretty good. I also enjoyed the Perhaps music video and the fact that the haven't stopped entirely releasing music.

• Confused 1
  • ABSUЯD 2

6 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I disagree. I think the touring's been pretty good. I also enjoyed the Perhaps music video and the fact that the haven't stopped entirely releasing music.

As in they showed up on time and did their jobs as expected and released a footage spliced music video instead of a half arsed lyric video. Yes they are both a win for the fans but it hardly lets slide the rest of the shit show surrounding everything they do. I've been in the camp of defending them for a while and it's does get quite boring when the best stuff you get is from some fat wrestler or a storage hunter instead of the actual band. Glastonbury was a highlight for me but again, bad mix ruined it, there is definitely always something to be miffed about, not necessarily nit picking either it's just the bare minimum expected at this point. In a perfect world the release is delayed so they can get an LP together or they caught wind of a possible deal i.e movie soundtrack use etc, very unlikely though and probably it's just bad management 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beardedranga said:

As in they showed up on time and did their jobs as expected and released a footage spliced music video instead of a half arsed lyric video. Yes they are both a win for the fans but it hardly lets slide the rest of the shit show surrounding everything they do. I've been in the camp of defending them for a while and it's does get quite boring when the best stuff you get is from some fat wrestler or a storage hunter instead of the actual band. Glastonbury was a highlight for me but again, bad mix ruined it, there is definitely always something to be miffed about, not necessarily nit picking either it's just the bare minimum expected at this point. In a perfect world the release is delayed so they can get an LP together or they caught wind of a possible deal i.e movie soundtrack use etc, very unlikely though and probably it's just bad management 

They also played very long shows and did quite a bit of changes to the setlists.. And I actually prefer music videos like this.

And it has nothing to do with letting anything else slide, it was a direct comment to someone saying that they haven't done anything good. Well, I disagree.

Just now, SoulMonster said:

They also played very long shows and did quite a bit of changes to the setlists.. And I actually prefer music videos like this.

And it has nothing to do with letting anything else slide, it was a direct comment to someone saying that they haven't done anything good. Well, I disagree.

Yeah the long shows and setlist changes are cool, the lack of prep, planning and effort when it comes to certain things are slightly annoying though.

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I don't know if it is a lack of comprehension on your part that misunderstands my criticism of people's overreaction with a defense of Team Brazil, or rather Axl. At no point in this discussion have I defended the fact that there is a delay in getting the single out. Ultimately, this is Team Brazil's responsibility...and Axl's responsibility for curbing their ability to communicate (and engaging them in the first place). I have numerous times pointed our that the band is dysfunctional and that we should expect the absolute minimum. But all this valid criticism of TB and Axl is drowned out because people get so upset because I dare to point out the irrationality of them cancelling their order and the overall hysteria here over the trivial matter of a song being a bit delayed :lol:

Then they might as well just have not preordered it in the first place :lol: 

I dont think it is irrational to cancel the order. in its simplest form this is a service/retail industry. GnR provide a service (in this case a product) we provide the money to purchase it. A simple transactional process. This is hard earned money. Whether you are rich or poor. people can't defend GnR for being money grabbing capitalists one minute and then say well its only £15 etc so dw the next. If we allow them to just take the piss, ie never give updates, hook products we have paid for whenever they feel, then they will. The evidence? the last 21 years of GnR history. If every person cancels the order they'll think 'Oh fuck, maybe we are cunts'.

Look at axl. Late every show from 1991-2012. then only late here and there in 2014 with the residency and duff tour. then Slash is back, big dollar is back and the deal is, axl you show up on time or slash and duff leave and you lose your golden goose and no one works with you. All of a sudden hes fucking early every show. Wow, who knew!? fans have power. People have power. take a stand and they'll crumble. Let them get away with it, and they'll carry on. Axl and TB are slaves to the dollar as much as anyone. You take it away by stop buying products and stop buying tickets. They change. Fact.

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Why is it irrational for people to want their money back for a product they have paid for and don't believe they will receive any time soon? 

I'd file that as 'normal' personally. 

Very normal. Any other service or item did this, you'd cancel, complain, leave a bad review. But with GnR people will find reasons to defend them

• Like 4

2 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I think it's just slow communication between facilities worldwide because GNRs management is a shitshow, it's not coming out in some countries earlier than the US unless there's a mistake

That's most likely but hope dies last. 

Now imagine they've really planned to release it on Halloween with a fitting music video. The importance of the physical release would decrease and the delay would be half as bad...

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 1

I mean, the whole cryptic / mystery thing works when you’re a band or whatever that consistently delivers the goods.  The secrecy thing also doesn’t help when the “management” are such gobshites.  New music is nice, and I guess it’s a bit of a miracle we’ve gotten anything, but the reality is we’ve gotten reheated Chinese leftovers from 2 decades ago.

I hope this isn’t an Axl thing lol, but maybe Absurd, Hard Skool, and Perhaps were easier for Axl to let go of since they’d already been taken/“stolen”.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, beardedranga said:

Yeah the long shows and setlist changes are cool, the lack of prep, planning and effort when it comes to certain things are slightly annoying though.

Sure, I agree, Again, I don't disagree with the criticism, in this case I disagreed with the notion that they don't do anything good. 

14 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

I dont think it is irrational to cancel the order. in its simplest form this is a service/retail industry. GnR provide a service (in this case a product) we provide the money to purchase it. A simple transactional process. This is hard earned money. Whether you are rich or poor. people can't defend GnR for being money grabbing capitalists one minute and then say well its only £15 etc so dw the next. If we allow them to just take the piss, ie never give updates, hook products we have paid for whenever they feel, then they will. The evidence? the last 21 years of GnR history. If every person cancels the order they'll think 'Oh fuck, maybe we are cunts'.

Sure, but the valuation of the song isn't dependent upon getting it In October and not December. It doesn't matter to our enjoyment. The product is the same. 

And every person will not cancel their order simply because it is delayed a bit ;)

10 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

They lose their self respect for allowing themselves to be treated this way by a company or brand. imagine if santa cancelled christmas on the 24th of Dec, and at 11pm that night all the kids got an email saying, he's pushed it back till feb (well half the kids, the rest still think hes coming) and that if they want they can have the letters back, or they can just wait and see. 

People lose their self-respect if they accept that a product will be delivered a few weeks later, really? Wow, their self-respect sure is a delicate thing then. It is not uncommon that delivery times on online products are pushed back, that handyman can't come on set times, that you have to wait a bit for a doctor's appointment. Sure, you can then cancel all of this out of "self-respect" but you end up losing out on products and services you need and want. Furthermore, in some industries delays is a common thing. And as people more in the know than me has pointed out,t this has also been very common in the vinyl industry. 

1 hour ago, Azifwekare said:

We literally just got the new Duff album, so I think we can wait a few more months for new material. And if we do get Atlas in november we can probably wait even longer. Jesus, I haven't seen such entitled people in all my life.

For the first time I really like some songs...I Just Dont Know and Lighthouse are really good IMO...really like them

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

People lose their self-respect if they accept that a product will be delivered a few weeks later, really? Wow, their self-respect sure is a delicate thing then. It is not uncommon that delivery times on online products are pushed back, that handyman can't come on set times, that you have to wait a bit for a doctor's appointment. Sure, you can then cancel all of this out of "self-respect" but you end up losing out on products and services you need and want. Furthermore, in some industries delays is a common thing. And as people more in the know than me has pointed out,t this has also been very common in the vinyl industry. 

Haha. 

Feel free to keep your pre-order in then. Hell, buy ten and a Nightrain package for all we care.

Don't call people 'irrational' though for wanting their money back as the band can't deliver. 

You got shares in this stuff? Why do you care so much that people are annoyed and want their money back? 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, jbhutto said:

I hope this isn’t an Axl thing lol, but maybe Absurd, Hard Skool, and Perhaps were easier for Axl to let go of since they’d already been taken/“stolen”.

That's a good point actually. At the same time, he is treating this as a throwaway song as for now.

8 hours ago, jamillos said:

That’s not one way of looking at it, that’s simply stating the facts – you said it wasn’t promised and there was just a shipping date; I’m showing you that it’s not true, as evidenced by the official web. Expectations about delivery time is a whole different story, unrelated to the original argument. ;)

One would say it’s reasonable to expect something to be officially released (disregarding any delivery schedules) on the day it was promised to be released. But oh well, this is GNR, so no surprises there. 

I believe in facts but even facts are subjective 

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Haha. 

Feel free to keep your pre-order in then. Hell, buy ten and a Nightrain package for all we care.

Don't call people 'irrational' though for wanting their money back as the band can't deliver. 

You got shares in this stuff? Why do you care so much that people are annoyed and want their money back? 

People pre ordered something and it got delayed. Not a big deal. Happens from time to time. The product is not time sensitive where your life is now in shambles because it's not at your front door

• Like 1

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Haha. 

I haven't preordered it. I am not keen on vinyls - I don't even have a turntable. I will get it when it becomes available digitally. 

Oh, I call it irrational to suddenly not want to have a product you have been craving just because it is delayed a bit. People have been waiting 15 years but now they don't want it anymore because it is delayed a month :lol:

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

I haven't preordered it. I am not keen on vinyls - I don't even have a turntable. I will get it when it becomes available digitally. 

Oh, I call it irrational to suddenly not want to have a product you have been craving just because it is delayed a bit. People have been waiting 15 years but now they don't want it anymore because it is delayed a month :lol:

So you haven't even ordered it? Why the hell do you give a shit that people that have are annoyed then?