"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

2 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

It’s crazy how shitty these mixes sound. I’m excited to keep listening but the quality is the shits. Hoping these are just  rough, unmastered and not final.

Yeah, something's wrong with these mixes, can't be the final official ones.

Just now, Miden34 said:

i second the shit outta this xD

It may still grow on me but for now it’s just “okay”. I feel bad saying that but the hype for the last 15 years or so, how could it truly ever match that. Monsters though, near damn perfect :headbang:

2 minutes ago, mattromero said:

I think we already got, that seems bucket or bbf on the guitar at the end
And the guy singing the "Can anybody helpe me?" part seems like robin or tommy

The ooo's are definitley the same, but the guitars are all very different. Similar story with the other post-reunion new songs

• Blackstar changed the title to "The General" is officially delayed... but are "The General" AND "Monsters" unofficially out?

Before the thread got taken down on Reddit, Fernando commented this "It was held back due to the very bad quality of the vinyl we first received and we finally got it to the right spot."

If you look on his profile the comment is still there. I'm guessing what we are hearing is rips of these poor quality vinyls that have been rejected 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Daddy don't
I swear I won't
I'll be good from now on
And I'm awful sorry

Daddy don't

The hell I won't

I won't be good anymore
And you'll all be sorry

Can anybody help me
Why this pain it just won't stop?
Can anybody help me
This pain it just wont stop?

My only regret
Is that I never tried to 
Try to forget
All those unspoken feelings
That were never said
?????
????
Have lost us all the meaning????

I think he says "Life was never fair" around 1:20

4 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Classic GNR purists won't like these. This is straight 🔥 for nuGNR fans. Slash did great on these both.

Yeah agreed. These songs would leave stadiums full of people checking their phones and wandering off for beer! 

So good though. Monsters is just....wow. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Before the thread got taken down on Reddit, Fernando commented this "It was held back due to the very bad quality of the vinyl we first received and we finally got it to the right spot."

If you look on his profile the comment is still there. I'm guessing what we are hearing is rips of these poor quality vinyls that have been rejected 

Really? Ok...well they are trying to fit 9 minutes on a 7" lol.....maybe the plan has changed to a 12"....otherwise can't imagine it getting much better.....interesting! Who then fuck on the cheap they asked to do it....

• Like 1

So actually the theory of the general and monsters being two songs was true 🤯
To be fair I like both, I like monsters a little better but having said that, I still prefer atlas and state of grace. 
They might grow on me but so far I m just happy I got the hear them. 
Does anybody else feel like Axl voice is a bit weird? 
so far we got absurd, hard skool, perhaps and now we’re getting the general and monsters. 
we know another two complete songs exist and the fact that one song we didn’t know about was ready might mean there are others. 
It’s five, six of you count oh my god and eight if you consider atlas and state of grace. That’s an album.