Perhaps Solo: Why?

I liked Finck's solo more >_< but at least the song has been officially released.

I'd love a Chinese Leftovers box set that released the NuGuns demos of these songs alongside their finalized versions.  I think that would be a great compromise but it probably won't happen.

The song has a late 90s/early 00s feel to me that I love.  It's like it captured the sound of a moment in time and even though it released much later, it still has that feel.

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

I really think it's an in-joke from Axl. He's seen all the comments saying "I hope Buckethead and Robin still have some parts left on those tracks" so he's gone "right, you want Robin do ya?" and left 3 seconds on it and laughed himself stupid. 

I read this in Axl's voice! 🤣🤭 And I can hear Axl laughing about this ! 🤭🤣

• ABSUЯD 1

It’s strange but it’s on purpose. I don’t think there is any tension or drama in the band at all I just think Slash has been very dismissive of Robin’s guitar work when playing the CD material live and that this was just Axl’s little wink to Robin (and the hardcore fans). A tip of the hat. 

I have a conspiracy theory that Axl really loved the Finck solo, a lot more than Slashs, and had also envisioned that being the solo on the song. So it was alien to his ears to entirely have it start differently, so he shoehorned the old solo in a bit.

Im glad for it because it gives us 2 notes of a master solo before Slash noodles.

• Like 3

As bizarre as some people find it, IMO there are many more bizarre choices made throughout GNR’s catalog, including AFD (not a fan of the synth in PC and I find it odd). I find My World incredibly bizarre lol. And to mention a few on CD: the hour long intro to the lead single, Rhiad intro, every single BBF fill, and the 7 guitarists on TWAT. Not to mention how bizarre “pussy for of maggots” is. And the school bell on HS…

What I’m getting at is this is essentially par for the course. 

I think many people are misinterpreting it. It keeps going underneath Slash, so is no doubt Fortus playing it – the real question is, if that is the case, why's it so obvious and loud when the main solo follows it.

It's obviously not Finck otherwise they'd have to credit it. They've left Brain on and credited him, so using and crediting former members is a done thing

First of all, I prefer the demo solo (same thing happened with Catcher).

Maybe I should listen to it more times but I think that Finck is not only in the beginning of the solo. Don't you think that the end of the solo is also the original basis of Finck? Again: I should listen to the new version a little more but it gave me that impression...

50 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

It's called 'a discussion'. 

People have them on forums about bands. They contain opinions you may or may not agree with. 

Hope that helps. 

I got involved in the 'dicussion'

My opinion is,its just a moan!

Hope you understand 👍