10/24/23 - Salt Lake City, UT - Delta Center

downzy

I need to add something else here.  I don’t know why the overall mix of the show was the way it was.  Every time there was a guitar lead the guitars got cranked.  I had extremely good seats. 7 rows behind the pit and dead center.  The weird volume cranks for guitar leads were a bit annoying.  I will say and I’ve praised him before.  I’m a slash diehard since it’s why I started playing guitar as a 12 year old in 93/94, but Jesus Christ Fortus is so damn good.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, UYI4 said:

I need to add something else here.  I don’t know why the overall mix of the show was the way it was.  Every time there was a guitar lead the guitars got cranked.  I had extremely good seats. 7 rows behind the pit and dead center.  The weird volume cranks for guitar leads were a bit annoying.  I will say and I’ve praised him before.  I’m a slash diehard since it’s why I started playing guitar as a 12 year old in 93/94, but Jesus Christ Fortus is so damn good.

Sounds like they started with dynamic mixing like the Stones for example. Dynamic means that the sound guy is moving the volume sliders etc. during the songs.

52 minutes ago, Carburetta said:

Weird that at the tail end of this massive tour they’re playing these tiny venues. Quite a contrast to the size of this place to Budapest, say. Maybe just filling in the gaps until LA.

This tour feels like it’s gone on forever.

Eh delta center here where the jazz play is about 20k capacity. So it’s not super small.  However not all of the seats were full so maybe that’s why.  As they continue to become more irrelevant as more bands always do year by year they could play here at Maverik center where our B league hockey team plays.  It’s about a 10k venue.  Lots of bands play there. 

1 hour ago, UYI4 said:

4 minutes ago, UYI4 said:

Yeah and I totally get dynamic mixing being in bands myself I’ve heard that when I played in larger venues over the years, this was almost too drastic of a volume push though at times.

Yeah the sound guy was doing the same thing at my show in Phoenix too. It's fine to turn the guitars up a little at certain spots but not that much.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, UYI4 said:

Eh delta center here where the jazz play is about 20k capacity. So it’s not super small.  However not all of the seats were full so maybe that’s why.  As they continue to become more irrelevant as more bands always do year by year they could play here at Maverik center where our B league hockey team plays.  It’s about a 10k venue.  Lots of bands play there. 

Yeah, decent size then. Guess the camera angle wasn’t displaying the arena in all its glory, kind of looked small from Del’s shots.

40 minutes ago, Carburetta said:

Yeah, decent size then. Guess the camera angle wasn’t displaying the arena in all its glory, kind of looked small from Del’s shots.

Yeah the weird part of delta is it’s more deep than anything so it’s hard to tell.  If you’re up high it really sucks IMO.  I watched tickets for a few months and debated the show.  Saw row 7 dead center behind pit go from 4-500 per ticket to 168 per ticket about 10 days ago and bought them on the spot.  Pit tickets dropped by 50%.  A close friend of mine is so pissed because he paid a big chunk of money for his pit tickets on pre-sale.  Night train prices were still more expensive than what prices dropped to. I got some video.  Wish I had recorded prostitute and sod.  Worst song was absurd but I’ve heard it sound worse.  Duff was pretending to do the high pitch screams but kept getting the timing wrong coming back to the mic which was honestly hilarious.  I took some pictures, recorded a few guitar solos, but tried to be as present as possible.  If Melissa had been there I may have been a bit more phone ready because I was hoping we may hear the general if she was.  In a perfect world they would’ve played there was a time, better, and breakdown. But eh.  Still was awesome.

Edited by UYI4
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, UYI4 said:

Yeah the weird part of delta is it’s more deep than anything so it’s hard to tell.  If you’re up high it really sucks IMO.  I watched tickets for a few months and debated the show.  Saw row 7 dead center behind pit go from 4-500 per ticket to 168 per ticket about 10 days ago and bought them on the spot.  Pit tickets dropped by 50%.  A close friend of mine is so pissed because he paid a big chunk of money for his pit tickets on pre-sale.  Night train prices were still more expensive than what prices dropped to. I got some video.  Wish I had recorded prostitute and sod.  Worst song was absurd but I’ve heard it sound worse.  Duff was pretending to do the high pitch screams but kept getting the timing wrong coming back to the mic which was honestly hilarious.  I took some pictures, recorded a few guitar solos, but tried to be as present as possible.  If Melissa had been there I may have been a bit more phone ready because I was hoping we may hear the general if she was.  In a perfect world they would’ve played there was a time, better, and breakdown. But eh.  Still was awesome.

Yeah, I have to see this lol.

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

Yeah the sound guy was doing the same thing at my show in Phoenix too. It's fine to turn the guitars up a little at certain spots but not that much.

That sucks. The volume changes were too dramatic when I saw the Stones in 2019 too. I guess it's too easy too move the sliders too much, but they should know. I mean, it's their job.

1 hour ago, shootingstar said:

Just heard the strongest version of Nightrain vocally so far on this tour. Damn, wish we had some videos of the rarities.

Really? I thought it was bit up and down vocally. Some really strong parts especially that first verse and then some of the screams. 

5 hours ago, Carburetta said:

Weird that at the tail end of this massive tour they’re playing these tiny venues. Quite a contrast to the size of this place to Budapest, say. Maybe just filling in the gaps until LA.

This tour feels like it’s gone on forever.

Because these shows were later additions and were announced just a month before, so it makes sense that they booked smaller venues - and 20,000 capacity arenas are not really small for a rock act in the US. Few bands play in stadiums there, probably because there's a lot more competition than in other places of the world.

3 hours ago, UYI4 said:

I think Duff does other backing vocals while the backing track with the scream is played. Maybe it was just that?

33 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I think Duff does other backing vocals while the backing track with the scream is played. Maybe it was just that?

Yeah, he does "ooooooohhhhhh, AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH" while the scream is played.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UYI4 said:

Saw row 7 dead center behind pit go from 4-500 per ticket to 168 per ticket about 10 days ago and bought them on the spot.  Pit tickets dropped by 50%.  A close friend of mine is so pissed because he paid a big chunk of money for his pit tickets on pre-sale.  Night train prices were still more expensive than what prices dropped to.

Actually pit tickets went from 450 all in until at least last friday to 250 all in come monday to 150 tuesday, though when I saw them on tuesday, I couldn't put them in the basket, so guess they were already sold by the time I saw it. I'm so pissed as friday was my cut off and deciding day and I couldn't bring myself to pay 450 for a fucking standing ticket to then stand behind the early entry people. Seriously this fucking price gauging is so annoying and really shitting in the face of people who commit when tickets go on sale.