10/27/23 - Denver, CO - Ball Arena

downzy

4 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Does Melissa’s tech guy just know all the songs? Does he has a teleprompter of sorts? How does he know how to play the set and deep cuts they haven’t played in years like Yesterdays?

I don't know if she did anything on Yesterdays, because there are songs in the set on which she doesn't play anything on her keyboard and only does backing vocals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I don't know if she did anything on Yesterdays, because there are songs in the set on which she doesn't play anything on her keyboard and only does backing vocals.

Yeah, fair. Although something like Prostitute would definitely have Melissa parts which they played the other night. I’m curious how easily this guy is able to adapt- are the songs just easy to do, or did he memorize all possible 40+ songs they could play?

Although to be fair, the Melissa heavy songs probably only boils down to <10.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Does Melissa’s tech guy just know all the songs? Does he has a teleprompter of sorts? How does he know how to play the set and deep cuts they haven’t played in years like Yesterdays?

Na , he just turns up & goes for it with blind luck  😡  of course he'll know as much as she does 

7 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Who's the dude standing in for Melissa? Is it her tech? They shadow folk In the band often, incase of illness....or have they drafted in an emergency?

Most techs are musicians who didn’t make it and often know the stuff of the people they are working for. Been a few occasions where techs have stepped up for illness. I believe even in slash’s band it happened in Europe once. I believe Todd had to leave and Brent filled in on bass and his tech played drums which showed Brent knew more then just his instrument in the band for their songs

• Like 1

On 10/28/2023 at 6:09 PM, Coma16 said:

He presses play ▶️ 

Without knocking the guy or Melissa's parts I would assume, as they play to a clock, it is just a case of triggering her parts while she's absent rather than someone playing them exactly. Let's be real here, some dude isn't standing there doing all the string parts on This I Love intricately with all the flourishes and twills. He's just pressing play I agree. 

Of course...

There is one guy they could have called in. Get the red towels ready. 

• 4 weeks later...