Guns N Roses next producer?...could Andrew Watt work?

1 hour ago, betterman said:

Perhaps sound fine and I suppose the General does to, so no need for a new producer. 

Hard Skool was a bit bad mixed/mastered, but the production job itself is ok

I think both Hard Skool and Absurd needed a better production with the guitars. Perhaps wasn't so bad because it's not a guitar-driven song, but we shall see with The General.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

I think both Hard Skool and Absurd needed a better production with the guitars. Perhaps wasn't so bad because it's not a guitar-driven song, but we shall see with The General.

the guitars on HS and Absurd sounded very processed and tinny especially on Hs. almost midi like. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AxlRQ93 said:

the guitars on HS and Absurd sounded very processed and tinny especially on Hs. almost midi like. 

I agree. I think they overused reverb on vocals and guitar (with a very short time). Combined with the compression, it sounded thin and weak like listening through a broken speaker.

2 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

I agree. I think they overused reverb on vocals and guitar (with a very short time). Combined with the compression, it sounded thin and weak like listening through a broken speaker.

Yup. I'd love to see Slash returning to the fat UYI/ Spaghetti tone as well, it would work great with modern production I guess.

• Like 1

I absolutely love Ozzy's Patient No.9. It's one of my favourite albums of 2022. Hackney Diamond is also very solid, with very nice production, IMO. It would be amazing to have this level of production in the """"next GnR album"""" but IF we ever get a new album, and that's a big IF, I think we'll likely get someone like Fernando's producer friend or whatever :lol:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

I absolutely love Ozzy's Patient No.9. It's one of my favourite albums of 2022. Hackney Diamond is also very solid, with very nice production, IMO. It would be amazing to have this level of production in the """"next GnR album"""" but IF we ever get a new album, and that's a big IF, I think we'll likely get someone like Fernando's producer friend or whatever :lol:

Why split the loot, good old 'Nando is gonna produce it HIMSELF! 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Mikey Whipwreck said:

Axl Rose and Caram Costanzo. Not because they're the best option but because that's the only slim hope we have of new music. 

The idea that Axl would ever work with a real, big name producer again is hilarious.

So, no, Quincy Jones? 😏🤣

On 10/23/2023 at 3:14 AM, ToonGuns said:

He strips the soul out of the bands he produces. They end up sounding like paint-by-numbers imitations of themselves with the heart ripped out. Also his albums tend to be processed within a midges appendage of their lives - loud and unpleasant.

I haven’t heard the Stones record so this is my view having heard the Eddie Vedder one (listen to Earthling compared to all prior Eddie solo material) and Ozzy. 

Hard agree. Not a Watt fan. Something about his sonics feel sicly to me. 

• Like 2

On 10/27/2023 at 8:15 AM, Karice said:

Quincy Jones might be a good Producer for GNR.... Quincy is a hitmaker of a Producer. I literally JUST thought of Quincy like three seconds before writing this post, so be feel to heavily criticize me if you want. 

Quincy is 90 and half deaf