THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

7 minutes ago, GNR123GNR456 said:

The General is everything is envisioned would be a Slash/Duff redone song from the NuGN'R era. The beat, orchestra, plus Slash's guitar. Bring's me back to first hearing Chinese Democracy in 2008. 

Overall, this is exactly how I envisioned reworked NuGN'R song's featuring Slash and Duff would be. I know Hard School and Perhaps are the clear radio hit's, but these song's are fill with much more anger and heart. 

Exactly this! Couldn't Say it better

• Like 1

I think I like these tracks! :D

For Monsters, it's a bit amusing that Evader's guess of "Who would do this to you" turned out to be a bunch of "ooo ooo ooos" on the real track.

I'm happy to have listened to the Evader version, and these tracks!

Edited by BucketEgg

Just now, Flayer said:

It’s a great schizo anthem. Whoever linked it to Estranged was obviously full of shit. It’s more of a sequel to Coma.

Sebastian said Axl told him it was a sequel to Estranged...

I guess it doesn't have to be stylistically similar to Estranged to be a sequel?

Or maybe Seb was on the quaaludes and got it it all wrong?

State of grace would have fit very well with these two was my first thought while listening to these

Definitely (happily) surprised that Axl has bundled 3 songs into this single! And that I'm hearing two songs I haven't heard before. 

Do I like/love/hate or just meh them?? No idea, these songs are not a one listen and decide. I don't think these are going to be popular outside of forums though, they are a bit off the beaten path if you're a more traditional GNR fan. Whether I like it or not, I appreciate that Axl is still happy to push the boat out with songs he probably knows are going to be challenging for his audience. 

First impression is these are not as good as the better moments of Chinese, but there are some great moments in each song. That point of view might change.

• Like 1

Just now, Bucketdude_666 said:

I don't think if thats a real gnr song it would stay on youtube for 3 hours. 

its real. a few have already been taken down. its only time. its real man trust me. there is no mistaking slash. as a guitar player myself. its how i can tell if i hear the real guitarist or not. its very distinct 

44 minutes ago, jbhutto said:

Hopefully after this slow drip arc is over we'll get a comprehensive CD era collection of some sort ( was typing this as the above messages popped up ).  CDII would've been a banger as the kids say, Axl had the goods!  Here's hoping we eventually hear the rest of the CD era.  I will keep my Perhaps vinyl lol.

Absurd

Hardskool

Perhaps

The general 

Monsters 

it's not Bad at all. I like it

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DingBat said:

I guess it doesn't have to be stylistically similar to Estranged to be a sequel?

Probably got it mixed up with another song entirely

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

I feel like The General is NuGNR and Monsters is Slash and Duff

That's 100% Slash on the right Channel on The General. No question about that imo. If that's all Richard on the left, than more props to him.

On the 9min video, that I can't listen to on my phone anymore, the mix was way better than on these instrumental demos that I'm listening to, right now, therefore you could listen to them much better quality and make out its 100% Slash

Just now, Miden34 said:

if people heard Madagascar leak today with those CD vocals they would all be like "AI" MAN" AI!!"  XD

Even Madagascar has the same depth to Axls voice and his highs are clean but signature. The first song in this leak is to messy even in the music.

Also, im a guitar player and audio engineer, it has too much sloppiness

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DingBat said:

quaaludes.... lots and lots of quaaludes

Just now, Bucketdude_666 said:

Even Madagascar has the same depth to Axls voice and his highs are clean but signature. The first song in this leak is to messy even in the music.

i'd agree about it being sloppy sounding.

6 minutes ago, Flayer said:

Probably got it mixed up with another song entirely

Possible! I spent a night at a show with Steven Adler and he told me multiple versions of the same story!  it happens I guess, its important to us, but nothing to them?

5 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

That's 100% Slash on the right Channel on The General. No question about that imo. If that's all Richard on the left, than more props to him.

On the 9min video, that I can't listen to on my phone anymore, the mix was way better than on these instrumental demos that I'm listening to, right now, therefore you could listen to them much better quality and make out its 100% Slash

Yeah I keep getting shit on saying there's a better mix, but there is! To my ears anyway! 

Edited by DingBat
  • ABSUЯD 1

2 minutes ago, Bucketdude_666 said:

I see where you could be coming from, but this is also a guy who's a insane perfectionist and had years to toy around with the sound and vocal's. 

2 minutes ago, DingBat said:

Possible! I spent a night at a show with Steven Adler and he told me multiple versions of the same story!  i happens I guess, its importna to us, but nothing to them,

Yeah I keep getting shit on saying there's a better mix, but there is! To my ears anyway! 

Oh, there was, but it's gone now