THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

2 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Here we go again: there is not and there has never been an issue with space. Can we put that shit to rest already we have actual PROOF of this not being true:

And to the people who are saying "but it will sound shit" are you fucking kidding me, this sounds fine, what kind of nutcase audiophile snob maniac do you have to be to be outraged by the quality of this audio? It was good enough for the biggest band in the world at the time to be released officially, then it's good enough for you too.

I can't thank you enough for this post :lol:

• Like 1

Here we go again: there is not and there has never been an issue with space. Can we put that shit to rest already we have actual PROOF of this not being true:

And to the people who are saying "but it will sound shit" are you fucking kidding me, this sounds fine, what kind of nutcase audiophile snob maniac do you have to be to be outraged by the quality of this audio? It was good enough for the biggest band in the world at the time to be released officially, then it's good enough for you too.

Nah, I'll take a CD thanks. A 7" isn't good enough for me when there are better sound quality options available to buy! Same stands with November Rain too....although I do have that 7" too, from the time. 

Mad isn't it, that people might want the best audio?! 

Edited by allwaystired

Wait, actual proof of something that is actually helpful in a GNR discussion and not just people making up random stuff like saying The General still comes from State of Grace or something!? 

I am pleasantly surprised today, thanks for that :lol:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Wait, actual proof of something that is actually helpful in a GNR discussion and not just people making up random stuff like saying The General still comes from State of Grace or something!? 

I am pleasantly surprised today, thanks for that :lol:

I think at least 5 of us have posted this video or the other one available on YT at least 10 times each....

It can happen...will it? Well, certainly would explain the poor quality that they rejected, as how often does that happen? Poor quality to delay a release....so it may be fixed as best or was there and now removed...

• Like 1

I have PROOF that it very well could sound like shit.. IRS, Prostitute and some others are almost unlistenable on the CD vinyl. To many layers and not enough space for the vinyl. The CD vinyl should have been on 3 records instead of just the two.

39 minutes ago, 1991RS said:

I have PROOF that it very well could sound like shit.. IRS, Prostitute and some others are almost unlistenable on the CD vinyl. To many layers and not enough space for the vinyl. The CD vinyl should have been on 3 records instead of just the two.

My point was just it's not IMPOSSIBLE to put out a fine sounding 9 minute 7", which incidentally this same band has ALREADY put out. 30 years ago. People need to give it a rest with this shit we have video and audio of it existing, and there's still people denying it lol.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, 1991RS said:

The US pressing of the CD vinyl was awful. Those who have the EU pressing say it is excellent, I'm not sure if you are taking that into account. Also, the CD vinyl was spread between two physical records.