Has GnR become Bon Jovi?

Just now, Tom2112 said:

It's certainly no bed of roses being a gnr fan.

When gnr release a country rock song, I will concede the Bon Jovi comparison.

And if Axl gets a cute little superman tattoo to match with that jovi dude.. maybe then I’ll see a comparison 😅

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, consiglieri said:

I was just listening to “It’s so easy” live at the Marquee and can’t help to notice that I miss that sound. Steven’s drumming was so cool. The Punk sound. And Axl sounded so angry and pissed off. It’s a bad shame they’ve gotten so soft and woke in my opionion. I loved them more when they were the most dangerous band in the world. Can’t they start a riot again  somewhere? 

Woke? Their manager is getting done for sexually assaulting a photographer, that's about as republican and proud right wing as you can be, right? Little bit of rape, little bit or racism, little bit of sexism and power control, you got yourself the right wing!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, BucketEgg said:

I was thinking of going on a tangent related to that statement, but decided it was too stupid to write so I didn't post it, but now that you've mentioned it, I might as well write it.

If the entirety of the Bon Jovi band called up Axl, and asked for an appointment on when they could all suck on Axl's dick, he'd probably backtrack on that statement. Though, maybe everyone in Bon Jovi personally coming to suck your dick might sound like a fun time, because five dudes means getting your dick sucked five times. But then again, it's getting sucked off by a bunch of dudes...

I'm straight but a blowjob is a blowjob. Just enjoy it, don't let something draconian like who is giving it, stop you from enjoying yourself! Good for your mental health and your heart, think of it as medication. 

Ice cube matured better than Axl. The riot I mentioned was just a bad example of the past I referred to. I understand that they don’t have the energy as they had in ‘87 and ‘88. Eddie Murphy was great in his Raw stand up video, but awful in Dr. Doolittle. GnR is like Eddie Murphy in Dr. Doolittle. 

6 hours ago, BucketEgg said:

Guns N Roses failed at releasing a tune in time for Halloween, but Bon Jovi could release a Christmas tune before December even started. They need to get on Bon Jovi's level :headbang::P

By the way,

I just discovered that Blood in the Water has been officially released!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjxF1NJuXKk

Blood in the water is the best Bon Jovi song since These days album (95) - really good!

The christmas song - not so good ;)

My 2 favorite bands.  Axl and Jon are both vocally a shell of their prime, however Axl is still a 'rock star' (looks & dresses as such).  Jon let his hair go full gray an dresses like...yeesh.  Saw 2 shows of Jovi's last 'tour' (13 shows in April 2022).  Totally robotic/cruise control.  The energy is gone (Jon just stands there unlike when he would work the stage) vs Axl who still plays the part (running around, tossing mic, moving around the stage) etc...  Part of it is Join needs Richie back (Richie still plays the rock star and his backing vocals are missed greatly by Jon).   

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

Bon Jovi has 15 albums. GN'R is far away to become Bon Jovi.

On one hand you're right. On the other Bon Jovi and GnR have released about the same number of good songs after 2008.

I'll never defend GnR's absolute joke of a "release schedule". But for Bon Jovi the quality of their more recent work is just dramatic. 

• Like 1

Woke lol? Not too long ago they released a song with lyrics like: "pussy full of maggots" and "syphilistic priestess". I've seen many old school GNR fans complaining that GNR didn't use to be so demonic. 😂

I guess they're doing something right if they're pissing off both overly sensitive snowflakes and anti-woke incels.

That being said, Bon Jovi would never release a song like The General and Monsters. These bands have nothing in common.

It's the drummer. Did you listen to the version with Foo Fighters an Taylor Hawkins? Hawkins is beating those drums so hard and the song sounds aggressive like it did in the 80s/90s. Frank is too soft.. more like a Dave Matthews band drummer. They need a real rock drummer - Matt Sorum would be amazing IMO. Slash, Duff, and Matt are awesome together. 

Edit: That performance gives me goosebumps. Fuck. So amazing. Love how Taylor beats the shit out of that ride cymbal and the toms. 

Edited by zepsun
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, zepsun said:

It's the drummer. Did you listen to the version with Foo Fighters an Taylor Hawkins? Hawkins is beating those drums so hard and the song sounds aggressive like it did in the 80s/90s. Frank is too soft.. more like a Dave Matthews band drummer. They need a real rock drummer - Matt Sorum would be amazing IMO. Slash, Duff, and Matt are awesome together. 

Edit: That performance gives me goosebumps. Fuck. So amazing. Love how Taylor beats the shit out of that ride cymbal and the toms. 

Imagine the alternate history where Hawkins accepted GNR’s offer to join after Josh left.