Has GnR become Bon Jovi?

I liken them more to The Rolling Stones at this point (before you all pile on me, hear me out).

Three main players supported by a strong but less-well-known cast of musicians. Simple original songs made bigger live, mainly living off past glories etc.

In terms of the stage show (GN'R is primarily a touring act these days, let's not kid ourselves), it's probably closest to The Stones.

• PERHAPS 1

7 hours ago, Original said:

My 2 favorite bands.  Axl and Jon are both vocally a shell of their prime, however Axl is still a 'rock star' (looks & dresses as such).  Jon let his hair go full gray an dresses like...yeesh.  Saw 2 shows of Jovi's last 'tour' (13 shows in April 2022).  Totally robotic/cruise control.  The energy is gone (Jon just stands there unlike when he would work the stage) vs Axl who still plays the part (running around, tossing mic, moving around the stage) etc...  Part of it is Join needs Richie back (Richie still plays the rock star and his backing vocals are missed greatly by Jon).   

Yeah, ive seen Richie recently and he still does a great job. 

23 hours ago, consiglieri said:

I was just listening to “It’s so easy” live at the Marquee and can’t help to notice that I miss that sound. Steven’s drumming was so cool. The Punk sound. And Axl sounded so angry and pissed off. It’s a bad shame they’ve gotten so soft and woke in my opionion. I loved them more when they were the most dangerous band in the world. Can’t they start a riot again  somewhere? 

People using the term "woke"

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

I liken them more to The Rolling Stones at this point (before you all pile on me, hear me out).

Three main players supported by a strong but less-well-known cast of musicians. Simple original songs made bigger live, mainly living off past glories etc.

In terms of the stage show (GN'R is primarily a touring act these days, let's not kid ourselves), it's probably closest to The Stones.

Which is pretty much what Axl always wanted, and realized when they opened for The Stones.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kickingthehabit said:

Talking about panic attacks and adopting shelter dogs and having it all documented in People Magazine... I don't know. He's older now, so maybe this is who he is, but it feels manipulative.

To be fair, he's been talking about his panic attacks and about his dogs ever since the old days. I even remember the names of the dogs he had in the 80s: Chester and Chloe.

21 hours ago, Kickingthehabit said:

I don't like when Duff talks feminism. He likes to re-contextualize GNR lyrics as 'progressive' when there are very clear examples of racism, misogyny, homophobia, etc. Who gives a fuck, but he should own it. 

Talking about panic attacks and adopting shelter dogs and having it all documented in People Magazine... I don't know. He's older now, so maybe this is who he is, but it feels manipulative. 

And Duff is full of shit. The feminist movement would have loved duff when he was taking part of blowjob contests with groupees backstage.