Has GnR become Bon Jovi?

I was just listening to “It’s so easy” live at the Marquee and can’t help to notice that I miss that sound. Steven’s drumming was so cool. The Punk sound. And Axl sounded so angry and pissed off. It’s a bad shame they’ve gotten so soft and woke in my opionion. I loved them more when they were the most dangerous band in the world. Can’t they start a riot again  somewhere? 

• Like 1

Guns N Roses failed at releasing a tune in time for Halloween, but Bon Jovi could release a Christmas tune before December even started. They need to get on Bon Jovi's level :headbang::P

By the way,

I just discovered that Blood in the Water has been officially released!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjxF1NJuXKk

Edited by BucketEgg

41 minutes ago, consiglieri said:

Has GnR become Bon Jovi?

No. There are similarities. For example Jon Bon Jovi also sounds absolutely awful these days. But while we have to settle for toy trucks and yoyo, Bon Jovi fans can buy Bon Jovi Monopoly games. Step up your game, GnR! 

4 minutes ago, Uncle Bob said:

woke? wtf? the guy that wears t-shirts of naked women masturbating, having lesbian sex etc everyday?

They are not teenagers anymore. AFD lyrics are written from young kids on drugs obsessed with sex, alcohol, power and whatever other fantasies they had. It makes me cringe when people expect 30 to 60 year old people to write about the same themes or act the same way as when they were still kids

idk man, one of the recent shows Axl changed the PTU lyrics to:  

Once there was this plus-size disabled african american trans-lesbian feminist teenager rollin
On the street
Time went by and it became a joke 

True story. 

• Haha 3

Just now, BucketEgg said:

And their albums!

GnR can't become Bon Jovi until they release 5 albums since 2008.

Despite all those albums being complete garbage, you're right.
The last good song that actually stuck that BJ made was probably Have A Nice Day. 

5 minutes ago, username said:

Once there was this plus-size disabled african american trans-lesbian feminist teenager rollin
On the street

True story. 

Jokes aside, they have actually changed something in the lyrics (I'm surprised that no one has noticed/brought up yet).

Melissa and Duff didn't sing "that bitch is just insane" but something else, probably "that girl is just insane". Axl sometimes said "bitch", but it wasn't too audible (in the videos, at least) because the backing vocals were turned up in the live mix.

• Haha 2
  • Wow 6

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Jokes aside, they have actually changed something in the lyrics (I'm surprised that no one has noticed/brought up yet).

Melissa and Duff didn't sing "that bitch is just insane" but something else, probably "that girl is just insane". Axl sometimes said "bitch", but it wasn't too audible (in the videos, at least) because the backing vocals were turned up in the live mix.

Well that's bad. I understand that OIAM isn't a part of newly pressed Lies CDs, but they should stick with the other lyrics, for god's sake. Otherwise they might as well wrap it all up. 

6 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Well that's bad. I understand that OIAM isn't a part of newly pressed Lies CDs, but they should stick with the other lyrics, for god's sake. Otherwise they might as well wrap it all up. 

I guess Melissa wasn't comfortable singing that line.

She doesn't do backing vocals on It's So Easy, so there isn't a problem with that.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

They do that? Damn, kinda surprised! I've never seen them since they started playing PTU and I don't really watch the current videos closely. But yeah, I didn't expect that. Especially since it's not really *that* bad imo. 

40 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I have very mixed feelings on this as well. I disagree with what he says in that song and all, but at the same time I despise changing art like it never happened. It's a snapshot of a point in time of a person. It happened, so let's not pretend it didn't.

I can 100% see they're not playing it live though. :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

have checked this out and as far as i can tell Axl sticks to the "That bitch is just insane" every show & Duff & Mellissa do "That Girl is just insane"

1 minute ago, kingcanyon said:

have checked this out and as far as i can tell Axl sticks to the "That bitch is just insane" every show & Duff & Mellissa do "That Girl is just insane"

In a few of the videos I've seen it's not clear what Axl says there, because he sings that line in his thin falsetto voice and the backing vocals are turned up, so he's barely audible.

49 minutes ago, username said:

I just realised that this is a thread with 17 posts where to person who started it called Axl Bon Jovi. Yet nobody has commented with "Bon Jovi can suck my dick". Honestly, GnR fandom has really gone downhill. :shrugs:

I was thinking of going on a tangent related to that statement, but decided it was too stupid to write so I didn't post it, but now that you've mentioned it, I might as well write it.

If the entirety of the Bon Jovi band called up Axl, and asked for an appointment on when they could all suck on Axl's dick, he'd probably backtrack on that statement. Though, maybe everyone in Bon Jovi personally coming to suck your dick might sound like a fun time, because five dudes means getting your dick sucked five times. But then again, it's getting sucked off by a bunch of dudes...

Edited by BucketEgg

8 minutes ago, BucketEgg said:

I was thinking of going on a tangent related to that statement, but decided it was too stupid to write so I didn't post it, but now that you've mentioned it, I might as well write it.

If the entirety of the Bon Jovi band called up Axl, and asked for an appointment on when they could all suck on Axl's dick, he'd probably backtrack on that statement. Though, maybe everyone in Bon Jovi personally coming to suck your dick might sound like a fun time, because five dudes means getting your dick sucked five times. But then again, it's getting sucked off by a bunch of dudes...

I'm sure Axl would backtrack, because he was specifically referring to Jon Bon Jovi :lol:

2 hours ago, username said:

No. There are similarities. For example Jon Bon Jovi also sounds absolutely awful these days. But while we have to settle for toy trucks and yoyo, Bon Jovi fans can buy Bon Jovi Monopoly games. Step up your game, GnR! 

https://gnrmerch.com/collections/accessories/products/use-your-illusion-ii-puzzle

• Like 1

2 hours ago, username said:

On the street

True story. 

Axl hasn't raped anyone (allegedly) in almost 30 years. He's gonna lose all of his fans if he doesn't shape up. Go woke, go broke.

GNR has been a big budget touring act since like 1990. The UYI tour had a horn section and backup singers. If OP complaining that GNR is too commercial of an act, you're a few decades too late my guy.

1 hour ago, username said:

I just realised that this is a thread with 17 posts where to person who started it called Axl Bon Jovi. Yet nobody has commented with "Bon Jovi can suck my dick". Honestly, GnR fandom has really gone downhill. :shrugs:

Bon Jovi can suck my dick!… 

better? :awesomeface:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, consiglieri said:

I was just listening to “It’s so easy” live at the Marquee and can’t help to notice that I miss that sound. Steven’s drumming was so cool. The Punk sound. And Axl sounded so angry and pissed off. It’s a bad shame they’ve gotten so soft and woke in my opionion. I loved them more when they were the most dangerous band in the world. Can’t they start a riot again  somewhere? 

It's certainly no bed of roses being a gnr fan.

When gnr release a country rock song, I will concede the Bon Jovi comparison.