Axl Sued For Sexual Assault

On 3/1/2024 at 2:07 PM, Staceyfuchs said:

I’m not the reason women don’t go report. I’ve been raped. I was brutally raped from 930 pm to 6 am in front of my 3 year old son. I fought for my life and went and reported immediately and while I was at the hospital getting examined and questioned  I was being treated as if I was lying. It’s women lying about being raped that causes other women not to report.  As if it wasn’t obvious that I was raped they sent every hospital staff member there was to question me. Luckily they caught him on his way back with a gun to kill me. So I know what it’s like to be raped and I know that when you are raped there isn’t anything enjoyable about it and you don’t wait all those years.  She is after  money and that’s my opinion and I’m still sticking by Axl    I believe him   

Now take That One To Heart ! 

I'm really sorry that happened to you. and your child. I hope the assailant was brought to justice. (He deserves far worse, of course)

I'm friends with a woman who was attacked by a man who attempted to rape her. She was able to fight him off, but he got away and raped other women before he was ultimately caught. Fucking savages need to be put down like rabid animals. 

42 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I'm really sorry that happened to you. and your child. I hope the assailant was brought to justice. (He deserves far worse, of course)

I'm friends with a woman who was attacked by a man who attempted to rape her. She was able to fight him off, but he got away and raped other women before he was ultimately caught. Fucking savages need to be put down like rabid animals. 

Yep, rape is one of the worst crimes to happen to people. 😱😳🤬😡 What's even worse is when rape results in pregnancy! 😱😳

2 hours ago, Karice said:

Yep, rape is one of the worst crimes to happen to people. 😱😳🤬😡 What's even worse is when rape results in pregnancy! 😱😳

No doubt! I've heard pregnancy from rape is rare, but not sure on the stats. I happen to know a woman who was the result of a rape. I went to school with her. Her father was the rapist. I don't know of her father's relationship to her mother (the victim) then, could have been random. I can't imagine how difficult that was. My understanding is my friend had some struggles growing up, but is doing well and I believe she has a family now. 

On 2/1/2024 at 12:27 AM, prez said:

Aerosmith was doing an arena tour after Steven was sued for statutory rape. Backstreet Boys have been unscathed by the accusations against Nick Carter which have been out for years. But Manson is probably never going to be able to tour again. It's kinda random how these things work out.

Anyway I expect Axl to settle. The discovery process could bring out a lot of other bad stories.

Guess I was wrong about this since Manson is opening for Five Finger Death Punch this summer. Maybe nobody does get cancelled.

• Wow 1

On 2/1/2024 at 12:27 AM, prez said:

Anyway I expect Axl to settle. The discovery process could bring out a lot of other bad stories.

This woman’s story is wishy washy and revisionist af. There, I said it. Looks as though Axl and his lawyers are going to try to get the lawsuit dismissed. 

https://people.com/axl-rose-files-to-dismiss-lawsuit-against-him-alleged-1989-sexual-assault-8606117 

Kennedy's lawyers attempted to serve Axl.for the seventh time on March 4th but instead of serving Axl they substitute served.someone who works for him a landscaper(s) or other worker. Tried to post a link to the document but posted the wrong ones. Sorry. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, volxluvr said:

Kennedy's lawyers attempted to serve Axl.for the seventh time on March 4th but instead of serving Axl they substitute served.someone who works for him a landscaper(s) or other worker. Tried to post a link to the document but posted the wrong ones. Sorry. 

You can post the link from the site of the court directly:

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/fbem/DocumentDisplayServlet?documentId=ftu/cgokMOyUx2w5a6rZ0w==&system=prod

• Like 1

4 hours ago, C.H. said:

This woman’s story is wishy washy and revisionist af. There, I said it. Looks as though Axl and his lawyers are going to try to get the lawsuit dismissed. 

https://people.com/axl-rose-files-to-dismiss-lawsuit-against-him-alleged-1989-sexual-assault-8606117 

Yeah, the media have picked up Axl's answer now, although it was filed about two weeks ago (was posted in this thread then). Axl's lawyers haven't filed a motion to dismiss yet, though.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, volxluvr said:

They now went to Axl's business address and to the business manager of the GN'R entities. Not sure he's served though, since it says "attempt of service".

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/fbem/DocumentDisplayServlet?documentId=UPYNdGGKn/7BXqjBEDhBVw==&system=prod

(Another link from the court site, because yours doesn't open for me and possibly for others outside the U.S.)

Edited by Blackstar

19 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The deadline to serve in NY is 120 days from the day the summons is filed, so it's getting close (and if the plaintiff fails to serve during that time, the lawsuit may be dismissed).

Is it possible that there could be a judgement against him if he is purposely dodging receiving the papers?

4 minutes ago, BangoSkank said:

Is it possible that there could be a judgement against him if he is purposely dodging receiving the papers?

From what I've read, I don't think so. There was an example of someone doing that posted a few pages back, and eventually the court just considered him served.

Don't know why they haven't asked Axll's  attorney's  to be served on his behalf. Steven Tyler authorized his attorney's to be served on his behalf in the Julie Bellino case in NY that was dismissed recently

Just now, volxluvr said:

Don't know why they haven't asked Axll's  attorney's  to be served on his behalf. Steven Tyler authorized his attorney's to be served on his behalf in the Julie Bellino case in NY that was dismissed recently

Yes, and the same happened in other cases I have seen. From what I understand, this is common practice (and so the timing of the service is kind of in the discretion of the defendant). It seems like Kennedy's lawyers have gone about it "aggressively" by trying to serve Axl by affixing the documents at the door, etc. Unless they had no word about the attorneys Axl would be represented by or in general, and then saw in Axl's answer that failure of proper service may be used to get the suit dismissed.

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, and the same happened in other cases I have seen. From what I understand, this is common practice (and so the timing of the service is kind of in the discretion of the defendant). It seems like Kennedy's lawyers have gone about it "aggressively" by trying to serve Axl by affixing the documents at the door, etc. Unless they had no word about the attorneys Axl would be represented by or in general, and then saw in Axl's answer that failure of proper service may be used to get the suit dismissed.

I'm surprised they keep at it when it's become clear he's dodging it. I'm also surprised his lawyers haven't advised him to just receive them. Unless, as has been mentioned, maybe this is a strategy for dismissal? 

34 minutes ago, BangoSkank said:

I'm surprised they keep at it when it's become clear he's dodging it. I'm also surprised his lawyers haven't advised him to just receive them. Unless, as has been mentioned, maybe this is a strategy for dismissal? 

I am too, but I think it's absolutely a dismissal strategy. I'm really not sure what comes next after this if Sheila's lawyers bring that up 

1 hour ago, BangoSkank said:

It's definitely a strategy by his attorneys. I suppose it's an option for potential dismissal and they want to have all the available options. It's just a technicality, because it's not that Axl is hiding from the case since he has filed an answer (but it is stated in the answer that the summons has not been served properly).

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, BluegrassBlues said:

I am too, but I think it's absolutely a dismissal strategy. I'm really not sure what comes next after this if Sheila's lawyers bring that up 

I guess her attorneys want to show the court that they made every effort to serve the lawsuit, so that the court, instead of dismissing it (in case of no service), will grant more time to serve it, and then Axl's lawyers will accept service.

• Thanks 1