Axl Sued For Sexual Assault

Like I've said, Sheila looks REALLY bad in this case. She chased and seduced Axl, not the other way around, and the fact that she and Axl are literally only  like MONTHS apart in age makes her look even worse. This wasn't some say 15  year old Fan who Axl chased and seduced into having sex with him, that  would have been REALLY bad, but these were two roughly 26 year old consenting Adults, one who literally implied she chased and seduced Axl, not the other way around. 

Edited by Karice

On 2/1/2024 at 1:54 AM, AxlRQ93 said:

The best thing they could do would be to quietly semi retire. Never make any large public appearance again. Quietly release music. If they go public again, she will go public 10x as hard and anyone Axl has pissed off in the last 30 years will also go public 10x as hard. This would destroy the reps of Slash, Duff etc by proxy.

This lawsuit isn’t about money, given her statements, it is about ending Axl as a public person. This isn’t a battle Axl can win in the court of public opinion. In the court of law, perhaps. But a lot of people still hate Axl and will readily believe the worst because of the bad reputation he cultivated in the early 1990s. 

None of that is going to happen. GN'R will continue just as they have been. The Steven Tyler allegation is just as bad as Axl's and Aerosmith will be playing arenas this year. Nick Carter has six rape allegations against him and yet the Backstreet Boys are continuing to tour and are playing festivals this year. There's no need for GN'R to quietly semi retire because unfortunately the general public doesn't take these kind of allegations against rock stars seriously. They don't care if the artist is a good person or not. They just want to hear the hits and they will be happy to show up to see them perform. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, History2010 said:

None of that is going to happen. GN'R will continue just as they have been. The Steven Tyler allegation is just as bad as Axl's and Aerosmith will be playing arenas this year. Nick Carter has six rape allegations against him and yet the Backstreet Boys are continuing to tour and are playing festivals this year. There's no need for GN'R to quietly semi retire because unfortunately the general public doesn't take these kind of allegations against rock stars seriously. They don't care if the artist is a good person or not. They just want to hear the hits and they will be happy to show up to see them perform. 

I agree for the most part, although I think there are also examples to the contrary and I don't think the artists you mention have survived entirely scot-free. Nick Carter claims he's already lost millions in revenue due to brand partners and concert promoters cutting ties with him and the band. It still remains to be seen what if any the consequences will be if he ends up losing the lawsuits against him. The same goes for Steven Tyler and Axl Rose. In Axl's case, I think he disappeared from the public eye in the 90s in part because of the lawsuits with Erin and Stephanie, and has never fully returned. Who knows what impact it will have on him if he has to go through a sexual assault trial now and is found liable. He might not need to be cancelled by the general public and the music industry. He might cancel himself and never make another public appearance.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Karice said:

Like I've said, Sheila looks REALLY bad in this case. She chased and seduced Axl, not the other way around, and the fact that she and Axl are literally only  like MONTHS apart in age makes her look even worse. This wasn't some say 15  year old Fan who Axl chased and seduced into having sex with him, that  would have been REALLY bad, but these were two roughly 26 year old consenting Adults, one who literally implied she chased and seduced Axl, not the other way around. 

I think if anything it makes her story more believable that she's honest about the fact that she found him attractive and was the one to approach him. Being attracted to somebody and making a move does not equate consent to a violent sexual assault and does not make her the sexual predator in this situation. I'd like to think in this day and age it wouldn't go down well if Axl's defense was that she seduced him. Besides, if you go by Axl's version, none of this ever happened and the only thing he doesn't deny is the possibility of a fan picture taken in passing. If you don't believe her version, it would be better to go by his version than to accuse her of things that have not been alleged by anybody involved.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

I think if anything it makes her story more believable that she's honest about the fact that she found him attractive and was the one to approach him. Being attracted to somebody and making a move does not equate consent to a violent sexual assault and does not make her the sexual predator in this situation. I'd like to think in this day and age it wouldn't go down well if Axl's defense was that she seduced him. Besides, if you go by Axl's version, none of this ever happened and the only thing he doesn't deny is the possibility of a fan picture taken in passing. If you don't believe her version, it would be better to go by his version than to accuse her of things that have not been alleged by anybody involved.

I can absolutely agree with that, I was very sympathetic to her when I was first learning about it. Not even taking Axl's personal history into consideration but the entire history of the band, they are no strangers when it comes to misogyny and violence. Unless I'm mistaken, I think Duff is the only one who hasn't had DV claims made against him and that made her story about Axl believable to me. But then the more I learned the less sure I am this happened. If he's found guilty then I'll eat crow but for now I'm just not sure. Do we know when the trial is supposed to be? 

1 hour ago, BluegrassBlues said:

I can absolutely agree with that, I was very sympathetic to her when I was first learning about it. Not even taking Axl's personal history into consideration but the entire history of the band, they are no strangers when it comes to misogyny and violence. Unless I'm mistaken, I think Duff is the only one who hasn't had DV claims made against him and that made her story about Axl believable to me. But then the more I learned the less sure I am this happened. If he's found guilty then I'll eat crow but for now I'm just not sure. Do we know when the trial is supposed to be? 

If there is a trial (doubtful) it will probably be in 18 months - 2 years.

In Steven Tyler's NY case, his lawyer filed a motion to dismiss the lawsuit. We'll see if Axl's lawyers follow a similar strategy, although the cases are different regarding the laws they rely on (so I don't know if there are potential legal holes in Sheila Kennedy's lawsuit that would allow an attempt to dismiss it in this stage or it will have to get to the next stage of proving or disproving the factual allegations with depositions from witnesses etc.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Served again, in the same way (by affixing to door) :

01/19/2024 at 5:31 PM - Attempt to serve, unsuccessful. No entry, gated residence. I pressed the available call-button but no response. I spoke with a neighbor who informed me that a resident by the name of Beta resides there, I asked about the subject "Rose" and they did not want to disclose further information.

https://smallpdf.com/file#s=cdad326e-c372-4d3d-a739-faa44f523bd3

Edited by Blackstar
  • Wow 1

Yep, I'll admit, I'm biased for Axl as a fan of Axl. Had the sexual lawsuit happened in say 2020, when I really didn't care about Axl yet, I would have been on her side, saying something like,"In 1988, Axl wasn't exactly very gentleman like and had a VERY bad Reputation! I believe Sheila! " But now that I'm a HUGE Axl Fan, I'm like,"Fuck Sheila. She chased Axl , not the other way around and Is just going after Axl because she wants to use him for the money! She's an opportunist and a LIAR! " What a difference my thoughts made from 2020 and today! I am so biased for Axl. 💡🤔

Edited by Karice
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Karice said:

Yep, I'll admit, I'm biased for Axl as a fan of Axl. Had the sexual lawsuit happened in say 2020, when I really didn't care about Axl yet, I would have been on her side, saying something like,"In 1988, Axl wasn't exactly very gentleman like and had a VERY bad Reputation! I believe Sheila! " But now that I'm a HUGE Axl Fan, I'm like,"Fuck Sheila. She chased Axl , not the other way around and Is just going after Axl because she wants to use him for the money! She's an opportunist and a LIAR! " What a difference my thoughts made from 2020 and today! I am so biased for Axl. 💡🤔

At least you recognise that. I dare say there are many more that do not and yet still take the same stance. 

• Like 1

axl answer:

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/ViewDocument?docIndex=OxMPP/i5Z5i/N/ZGv1TCYA==

Allegations that Axl admits to:

10. Axl Rose has been the lead singer of the band Guns N’ Roses since 1985.
Known for his distinctive vocal style, Rose has sold millions of albums, performed in sold-out
arenas, and achieved extraordinary success as a world-famous musician

22. On information and belief, Rose was in New York City to help his friend, David
Andrew “Riki” Rachtman, secure the role of host for MTV’s Headbangers Ball.

Edited by BucketEgg
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, vloors said:

In Slashs ass thats where

I thought it was the other way around :lol: but I did wonder where his primary residence is if not Malibu 

59 minutes ago, cineater said:

Wait, his primary residence isn't Malibu?  Where's he living, Costa Rica, NY, Montana?

I wondered that too, that's kind of weird since he's lived there for like ever 

6 hours ago, BluegrassBlues said:

I thought it was the other way around :lol: but I did wonder where his primary residence is if not Malibu 

I wondered that too, that's kind of weird since he's lived there for like ever 

Im sure he lives with Beta. The neighbour probably has only interacted with her im guessing so assumes she owns the place.

Well actually the other possibility his moved in with his offender buddy Fernando.

Edited by vloors
  • Like 1

I think the residence thing might be a legal manoeuvre. This lawsuit has been filed in NY state court. Defendants in lawsuits have the option to transfer a lawsuit from state to federal court (in the same area the state court is in) if certain criteria are met, and from what I've seen in other cases, most defendants prefer to do that, I guess because federal courts are considered, for various reasons, a better venue to litigate at . One of the criteria is that the two parties are citizens/residents of different states. In Axl's case, both he and Sheila Kennedy live in California, so that doesn't apply. But I wonder if Axl will present a citizenship/residence in a different state (I guess he has property in other states which he pays taxes for) so that he'll be able to transfer the case to a federal court.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 4

Steven Tyler likewise transferred the NY lawsuit against him from NY state court to NY federal court and then filed a motion to dismiss the case based on certain legal grounds, and the court granted the motion, so the lawsuit is now dismissed (unless Jeanne Bellino, the woman who sued him, files an amended complaint that can stand legally):

https://ksenam.com/ixp/295/p/steven-tyler-sexual-assault-dismissed/

It seems like Axl is straight up saying the ONLY interaction he had with Sheila Kennedy is a fan picture. And the fact that no one else has come forward to say stuff like,"Oh yeah, I saw Sheila Kennedy and Axl having  sex in that hotel room," looks really good on Axl's part.  I remember someone saying like, "I saw Russell Brand having sex with a different Woman every day for a straight month." Which does not look good for Russell's recent/current sexual abuse allegations. Once again , if no one specifically says,"I saw Sheila and Axl having sex in that hotel room," it will look really good on Axl's part. 💡

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

It looks the lawsuit has been withdrawn and dismissed (most likely, based on the article, there has been some sort of settlement).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Karice said:

It seems like Axl is straight up saying the ONLY interaction he had with Sheila Kennedy is a fan picture. And the fact that no one else has come forward to say stuff like,"Oh yeah, I saw Sheila Kennedy and Axl having  sex in that hotel room," looks really good on Axl's part.  I remember someone saying like, "I saw Russell Brand having sex with a different Woman every day for a straight month." Which does not look good for Russell's recent/current sexual abuse allegations. Once again , if no one specifically says,"I saw Sheila and Axl having sex in that hotel room," it will look really good on Axl's part. 💡

It hasn't even got to court yet. If it gets there, it'll likely mean there is substantial evidence. I'd suggest that people won't be talking about it too openly as it could affect the trial (should there be one).